main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Fire at Dawn (working title)- AU script updated 4/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    [EDIT: More details that will help make the story make more sense, eventually]

Over Winter Term, two of my friends and I decided to rewrite the Star Wars prequels, because we just don't really like them all that much. So we sat down, and over the course of a few days, came up with a full outline for all three movies, including an "Extended plot line" for the third film.

We kept many characters, but we redid a few personalitites, such as Anakin's, to better fit the description given in the OT, reworked some relationships, and basically did away with Naboo and pretty much every plot in the prequels thus far.

A few character ages have been changed as well. To reduce the creepy factor, Anakin Skywalker is 18 and Padme Amidala is 17.

Padme is also an orphan, since we did away with Naboo. Her parents were killed in a landspeeder accident when she was 10, and since her parents were friends of the Organa family, the Organas adopted her. Bail Organa is her foster brother, and he is 13 years her senior.

What you'll see here is our script. It's far from being done, we meet every Tuesday night to work on it. But it's still in a very rough form, and feedback would be most appreciated.

Star Wars: Episode I
    as yet untitled
    By DWH, ebezalith, and Dragoncandle

There has been a mysterious accident in the Republic Security Training Facility located in the city of Corliath on the remote planet Dantooine. Due to the devastation caused by the accident, Chancellor Palpatine, head of the Senate of the Republic has journeyed to Dantooine with Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas as his protection to determine the extent of the damage.

SCENE 1

[The screen explodes violently- pan out, a city is burning ferociously on the planet?s surface, spewing ash everywhere.]

SCENE II

[Pan in on a night scene, where robes and effects are being burned. Present are CHANCELLOR PALPATINE, MACE WINDU and YODA, as well as the Jedi Council and many senators. PALPATINE approaches YODA and MACE WINDU and bows.]

PALPATINE

Master Yoda, Master Windu. I cannot express how sorry I am that this accident cost you one of your Jedi.

YODA

Accident? Accident, you say?

WINDU

Master Yoda suspects- and I agree with him- that the first attack was simply to lure you to Dantooine, and the second was designed specifically to kill you.

PALPATINE

Attack? Masters I greatly appreciate your concern for me, but there are many would-be assassins of any chancellor. I see no reason to believe that the first explosion was anything but negligence and the second could easily have been some stray mercenary.

WINDU

You said Sifo-Dyas gave you no warning, that he did not feel the danger.

PALPATINE

No. If he felt anything, he certainly did not speak of it to me.

WINDU

Then believe me when I say he felt nothing. A Jedi of Sifo-Dyas? training would have sensed a mercenary or bounty hunter and told you immediately. Another power is at work here.

YODA

Unforseeable this malice was, and plotted carefully. You must tread with care, Chancellor.

WINDU

The Jedi Council has agreed that you should be extended our constant protection- and we would prefer it if you would accept a guard of Jedi at all times.

PALPATINE

My own guard will stand well enough on Coruscant Master Windu. When I leave, howeverÉI think I shall be quite glad of your offer.

PALPATINE bows very slightly in his leave taking as the Senator of Improcco approaches. WINDU and YODA watch the body turning to ash under the fire.

WINDU

He is an impatient man when it comes to his own security. But we can hardly force him to accept our offer if he is determined to resist.

YODA

But track him we can. And should.

WINDU

He will need the Jedi if he has indeed been marked by a dark power-

YODA

Feel it also, do you? No stray mercenary this. No hired hunter. The mark of Dark Side is branded on this deed.

WINDU

That is what I fear.

SCENE III

Lightsabers flash, blue on green. YODA is standing on a t

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, cool! I like the opening of this, the intrigue of the death of our favorite mysterious jedi master and the escape of Palpy and the flame roses especially. Mind if I use them in a story sometime? I like obi/ani relationship here. :)

3. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    DarthIshtar, you may certainly use the roses in a story sometime. It's basically us expanding on an obscure reference we found in the TF.N unofficial encyclopedia. So yeah, use 'em. They're t3h spiffy.

4. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Sounds very interesting! I love where this is headed. This looks to be more exciting than TPM! Awesome work! Can't wait to see how it plays out!

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't know about you, but I think they'd be a great symbol for love because it's something that you have to renew/regrow each day, can't depend on the beauty of yesterday.

6. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Hmm...interesting concept. I like the different Anakin in this one. He-how would you say it?-Drove me absolutely up the wall in the prequels. I also like the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Keep it up!

7. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback! We enjoy your comments immensely, to be certain.

Well, here's the next couple of scenes for you.

=========================================

SCENE IV

[OBI-WAN and ANAKIN get into a small ship with Jedi Council markings.]

OBI-WAN

Did you send out our transponder code?

ANAKIN

No faith in me at all, Master.

OBI-WAN

[As ANAKIN slides into the driver?s seat] And who said you got to drive?

ANAKIN

[Sarcastic] Sorry. I forgot how much you love flying through Coruscant, avoiding the speeders and buildings, dodging around the traffic-control freighters in orbit-

OBI-WAN

Anakin! Just power up the ship. [ANAKIN does so] Did you remember to get two Droids?

ANAKIN

[Sighs] We have two astromech droids. An A2-M3 and an... an- I don?t remember. But we have two.

OBI-WAN

Alright. Just so long as we don?t only have one like that disaster on Callus III-

ANAKIN

[Groaning in embarrassment] You had to drag that up again. I was fourteen when I did that. I haven?t forgotten them since then.

OBI-WAN

I know, Anakin. Your attention to detail has improved remarkably.

ANAKIN

Yeah, yeah. [Takes off gently] Restraints on, Master?

OBI-WAN

What? Why? [As ANAKIN starts to fly out rapidly] Anakin, none of your-! [The ship flies straight up, narrowly missing several accidents. They end up safely in orbit after blasting out of the atmosphere]- usual stunts.

[ANAKIN plots their course for Alderaan, and they jump into hyper-space.]

SCENE V

[Entering ORGANA?s great hall on Alderaan. He is attended by his wife: KARALINA, his foster-sister AMIDALA, the CAPTAIN OF SECURITY and his cabinet (five members large)]

OBI-WAN

[Pausing just outside the doors] Anakin- you?d best let me do the talking. The Viceroy will not be pleased- men like Organa like to believe they have complete control over their systems.

ANAKIN

But I thought that Alderaan was entirely peaceful.

OBI-WAN

The majority are, Bail Organa included. But obviously someone slipped past them. He knows we?re coming, this should not be a surprise for him, but still- it would be best if you remain silent. [They enter the hall]

ORGANA

[Rising from his seat of state as the Jedi approach] Master Jedi, you do me honor. But I must confess I am surprised as to the necessity of this visit.

OBI-WAN

[Bowing with ANAKIN] I hope that it will be but a small matter for your consideration, Viceroy. I am Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and this is my Padawan learner, Anakin Skywalker. [ORGANA nods politely to both]

ORGANA

I am Bail Organa, Viceroy of Alderaan. These [sweeping hand indicates all behind him] are my family and advisors.

OBI-WAN

[Bows to them, as does ANAKIN] I trust you have had news of the disaster on Dantooine?

ORGANA

Naturally. And the Jedi know that they can always turn to us for assistance. What is it you, or the Republic, can require in this case? We keep exhaustive records and have plenty of men, supplies- is an investigation being mounted?

OBI-WAN

Thank you for your generosity, Viceroy. I will not presume to ask so much. I actually have but one question for you. [OBI-WAN produces the rose stem]

AMIDALA

[Interrupting as she spies the rose] Where did you get that?

OBI-WAN

[Glancing at her, amused and serious] Well, that answers it.

ORGANA

Padme. [She withdraws] I apologize for my sister, Master Obi-Wan. What was your question, sir?

OBI-WAN

I was going to ask if you knew what this was and where it comes from. It is clear that you- or at least your sister- knows what it is.

ORGANA

[Stiffly] Forgive me, Sir Jedi, but where did you come by that?

OBI-WAN

In the ashes of the room of Master Syfo-Dyas on Dantooine, Viceroy.

AMIDALA

How is that possible, Bail?

OBI-WAN

I was hoping that perhaps you could tell me. The records say that regulation of your Flame Rose is strictly monitored.

ORGANA

And so it

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the idea of Padme being linked that way with the Organas. The background on flame-rose sales was great and, as always, Obi and Ani were adorable in the ship!

9. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    DarthIshtar, you rock for being our fan.

We're glad you approve of the Organa connection, it made a heck of a lot more sense to us than whatever excuse Lucas is planning on making for her eventually giving custody of Leia to them.

Well, here's some more... we've got a pretty good amount, and we're going to get on a posting schedule. Tuesday nights are writing nights, so Wednesdays will be posting days.

*fanfare* On with the next post!

========================================

SCENE VI
    [A night scene on a small planet covered with high grasses and fields of growing foods. TIE fighters sweep in low over the scene, shooting and bombing the fields, setting them alight and destroying houses. There are screams, people running. The usual mayhem of a terror blitz.]

SCENE VII
    [YODA and MACE WINDU stand in the Temple meditation room.]

YODA
    Unexpected this new attack is.

WINDU
    And illogical. Agamar is remote- a community of farmers. It has no military importance as Dantooine did.

YODA
    Striking terror... effective if indeed this was done by the same beings that attacked Dantooine.

WINDU
    Perhaps we should reconsider what we thought of the attack that killed Syfo-Dyas. It is possible that it was not a plot against him specifically, but that he simply happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. After all, there were no Jedi on Agamar. These attacks have something else lying behind them. But what?

YODA
    And why?

WINDU
    Is Qui-Gon back yet?

YODA
    Not yet, a few days more perhaps- [The doors part and QUI-GON JINN enters the room. He bows to them both]

QUI-GON
    I have just arrived from Agamar, Masters. This was the only thing left at the center of the blast. [Opens his palm, wherein lies a blackened rose stem]

SCENE VIII
    [ANAKIN, OBI-WAN and AMIDALA are seated across from TOBIAS FARSIK in a comfortable office situated overlooking a river. FARSIK is a pleasantly rotund man with an easy smile and friendly manner.]

FARSIK
    Now may I enquire to what I owe the honor of your visit, Master Jedi?

OBI-WAN
    [Places the rose stem on the desk] Can you tell me about this?

FARSIK
    [Manner changing rapidly, examining it with a shrewd expression] Well, yes. That?s actually the reason that Alderaan Biotics exists. We regulate those little ones very closely. [Staring directly at OBI-WAN, pleasant smile back in place] Might I ask now how you came to possess it? I have no records of selling to the Jedi.

OBI-WAN
    I picked it out of the wreckage of Dantooine?s security training facility. It apparently set off the bomb that destroyed the site and killed a Jedi.

FARSIK
    I beg your pardon?

ANAKIN
    You have heard of the disaster on Dantooine, haven?t you?

OBI-WAN
    Anakin-!

FARSIK
    Well I- I mean- of course... terrible tragedy! [Pulling himself up impressively] All of our clients are carefully screened before they are allowed to purchase this kind of rose, I can assure you. Are you implying-

ANAKIN
    That there could be something wrong-

OBI-WAN
    Anakin. Excuse my apprentice, Mister Farsik. We?re not implying anything-

AMIDALA
    Mister Farsik, my brother sent us here because we simply have some questions that we want answered. Alderaan Biotics is well known for being very thorough and extremely safe and knowledgeable. The Jedi just need to clear up a few details and your expertise would be very helpful.

FARSIK
    [Still bristling] Questions? Like what?

OBI-WAN
    Just some matters I?m sure you can clarify, Mister Farsik. First of all: can this rose be grown anywhere else?

FARSIK
    Well, yes- it actually can. Its evolution is unique to Alderaan, however, we were able to plant a small colony on Borleias in the Pyria System almost a century ago.

AMIDALA
    Is it still there?

FARSIK
    No, Miss Amidala. The site has been abandoned for more than a decade, before my promotion. It failed due to expenses.

OBI-WAN
    And what of the flowers? Were they all removed?

FARSIK
    Of course. Nothing was left behind. Given the value and the d

10. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey.... we're back and with more script, but people aren't responding! Is it that bad? Or would you all rather read this in prose? I can probably take the time to translate it, but that's not happening until the summer when I'm not insanely busy.

In any case, here's the next few scenes for your enjoyment.

========================================

SCENE IX
    OBI-WAN, ANAKIN, and AMIDALA going to a landspeeder from FARSIK?s

ANAKIN
    Master, what are we going to do? [Obi-Wan looks at him questioningly.] Obviously something slipped by the Viceroy?s security.

AMIDALA
    Nothing can get by the security.

OBI-WAN
    No security system is unbreakable, your highness.

ANAKIN
    [Both men are moving ahead of AMIDALA] So what are we going to tell the Viceroy?

OBI-WAN
    Nothing. We?re going to Borelias.

ANAKIN
    Why, do you think? oh. [stops himself.]

AMIDALA
    What? [No response] Master Kenobi? [Again no response.] Master Kenobi, I assure you my brother?s security systems have never failed us. Your flame rose cannot be from Alderaan.

OBI-WAN
    Precisely.

AMIDALA
    So you?re going to Borelias? [ANAKIN is shocked that she actually can think.]

OBI-WAN
    Yes your highness.

AMIDALA
    But Mr. Farsik told you that there was nothing there.

OBI-WAN
    There is often a difference between what one believes and what one knows. Especially in bureaucrats

SCENE X
    (YODA and WINDU are in the meditation room, receiving a transmission from Obi-Wan)

OBI-WAN
    ... I think we ought to proceed to Borleias. Their system regulating buying and selling seems quite thorough and complete from Alderran- it?s hard to imagine anyone managing to acquire it illegally from here.

YODA
    Investigate this planet Borleias, you must. I trust you are in no need of extra assistance?

OBI-WAN
    No. Anakin and I will able to handle this. And I suspect the Viceroy will send his own men with us.

WINDU
    Tread with caution. If you find nothing on Borleias, you will have much to explain to Viceroy Organa.

OBI-WAN
    Yes. But my instincts tell me that I will not have to submit such an explanation.

WINDU
    May the Force be with you.

OBI-WAN
    And also with you.

SCENE XI
    In the viceroy?s throne room

ORGANA
    Will one regiment of our guard be sufficient, Master Jedi?

OBI-WAN
    With all due respect, we could go without them, Viceroy Organa

ORGANA
    With all due respect, Master Jedi, this is Alderaanian business and I must insist on their presence in what could potentially be a? hazardous situation.

OBI-WAN
    Then we will be grateful for the assistance of the regiment, Viceroy.

ANAKIN
    Master, are you sure we-

OBI-WAN
    Viceroy, time is very short. If we could leave immediately, that would be best.

ORGANA
    Of course. The regiment can be ready within the hour to depart.

ANAKIN

ANAKIN and OBI-WAN bow and turn, ready to depart. AMIDALA comes to ORGANA.

AMIDALA
    Bail, let me go.

ORGANA
    Padme, why? There is no reason for you to want to go.

AMIDALA
    These Jedi may be your friends but their first obligation is to the Republic and their council, not to us or Alderaan. This mission could uncover information that is dangerous to Alderaan. I will report directly to you.

ORGANA
    These Jedi, Padme, are not my friends. They are however servants of the Republic and as servants of the Republic they will serve us the best they can.

AMIDALA
    But Bail, you said yourself recently that the Jedi serve their own ends and that their motives are hidden and no one knows what those ends are. Are we to trust the possible political future of our planet on the whims of two men who have no investment in Alderaan?

ORGANA
    Padme, you listen to all the wrong things I say. It is true that the Jedi serve ends that we do not understand but that does not mean that they will ill serve us or the galaxy simply that their decisions must consider the fate of thousands of worlds not just one. In the end little sister, there is potentially more at stake then Alderaan?s political future.

AMIDALA
    But o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.