main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Valyn, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Couldn't find a thread on this...

Anyway, anyone got this yet? How good is it? Pros? Cons?

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I've played a bit of it, and I recently bought the sequel for my friend Zach who is really into Fire Emblem. IMO, I think it's a great strategy game and if you like that stuff you'll like Fire Emblem.

3. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    You mean Path of Radiance?

I'm only at about Mission 8 so far, but it's good so far. I haven't got to play the Laguz yet, but the FE action is all still there. I like being able to lock in enemy movements. I'm a bit disappointed by the change in unit appearance (Knights just being guys in armor is not as cool as Knights whose shield is one and the same with his breastplate), and the change in magic from Anima, Dark, and Light to Fire, Lightning, and Wind, and so far, the last disappointment in terms of playability is the cavalier becoming Axe Knight, Lance Knight, and Sword Knight. The last major disappoinment is that graphics in-battle are not all they could have been. The game looks like it belongs with early PS2 titles, not at the end of the GC's lifetime. The CG cutscenes and anime-styled characters all look great otherwise though.

4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Oh, I was talking about the GameBoy games...is Path of Radiance the console version?

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I need this game more then I need food right now. But I have none of these monies.

I AM FORTUNES FOOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.