main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The Tottenham Hotspurs have clinched a spot in the Champions League next season with a one - nil victory over Manchester City. It was their second consecutive 1 - 0 victory (they beat Bolton on May 1 by that score) after loosing 3 -1 to Man U.

I know many people thought that Man City would have a better shot at advancing in the Champions League than the Spurs, but, it depends on the draw. We'll see how it goes next season.

2. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
  3. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Oh, wow...what a terrible collapse for Hibs. Allowing 4 goals in 25 should never happen.

4. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Big weekend in English football.

Premier League: D-Day is tommorrow, but it's a little less exciting than years past. No relegation battle because that's a;ready been determined. The champions league spot is all wrapped up. So its all eyes on Chelsea and Man United.
    Chelsea at home vs Wigan and Man U at home vs Stoke. Chelsea just needs to win, but if they draw and Man United wins its Man U's title.

Championship: Playoffs! 6 Blackpool vs 3 Nottingham Forest today. 5 Leicester vs 4 Cardiff Sunday. 2 leg playoffs with the higher "seed" getting the home match in the return leg. Also note that there is NO away goal rule.

I love the promotion playoffs at all levels. I really don't care who makes the premier league this year because all of the teams haven't been in the Premeir League in a while. Blackpool and Cardiff have never been in it. From a West Brom fans perspective I hope Blackpool goes up because they will most likely be the weakest side next year in Premeir League.

League 1 and 2: Crazy day in bothe these league as there is one final match. 5 teams could go directly up in Leeague 1 by grabbing the #2 slot in the standings. Several teams fight for the playoffs in League 2. And both leagues have a little relegation scrap as well.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Are Leeds definitely back up?

6. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    The beat Britsol Rovers 2-1, so yes they have been promoted via finishing 2nd in League one

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Chelsea destroyed Wigan 8-0, so the title is theirs.

8. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Drogba gets the golden boot as well over Wayne Rooney. Not an exciting last day at all, rather dull day.

However La Liga's final day next weekend will be a cracker. 5 teams battling against relegation,nobody down for sure yet. Real and Barca fight for the title. There are even battles at the Europe League and CL places.

9. Dark_Lightning

Dark_Lightning Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    Landon Donovan played well for the Galaxy 3 ast. 1 Goal. Hope he plays well in the world cup.

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm really excited for the Champions League final, but that's not for a few weeks. I'm sure that La Liga will give us some good drama before everything's over and done with.

11. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Blackpool scores 3 goals in 7 minute span to beat Nottm Forest 4-3 and win on agg 6-4. They will face the winner of Cardiff/Leicester(Cardiff lead 1-0, 2nd leg tommorrow) at Wembley for promotion to the Premier League

12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Serie A's final weekend will be a fun too. Roma is only two points behind Inter. Should be interesting.

13. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    -Nothing compared the riot that will be La Liga's final day.

-Fulham vs Athletico Madrid for Europa.

-5 of the 30 players on the US WC roster come from the state of south carolina. :)

14. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    I guess they try. ESPN put one of Blackpool's goals on their top plays. Buccigross had to use the fake english accent to say "Rigth near Cantebury" or whatever. Blackpool and Cantebury are across the country from one another.

They didn't even mention what they were playing for. Poor job

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Serie A will be interesting, true. Hopefully I'll be able to catch at least one of these matches on tv. This hostel doesn't have a TV surprisingly enough.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It took them a while, but Chelsea were able to put Portsmouth away to get a double. Most of the big European football matches are tomorrow.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    HD TV might help me in my hopes to become a real soccer/football fan. I watched an MLS game in HD the other day. It was gorgeous. I could actually follow it.

Can't wait to see actual top-level players in HD.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Pity you can't get the Champions League final.

Also it appears Barcelona are trying to become the Spanish national team...

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It'd be nice to randomly catch a champions league game in HD. Though, I'm not sure that one could get Mrs. Inty approval. I can get World Cup games and even Crew games ...

20. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    ESPN dropped coverage of the UEFA CL this year. They had shown it previous years

21. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Are the England fans happy with the 3-1 won over Mexico tonight? Seemed like a good win, with spots still available for the WC squad.

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Nice play Landon to Josey. Equilizer

Dempsey with the finish.

23. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Good win Turkey is a quality team that have been unlucky to not make the world cup the last 2 go arounds.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, the worst kept secret in football is out: José Mourinho is officially the next coach of Real Madrid. It'd be something if The Special One could win league titles in England, Italy, and Spain.

Speaking of titles, the Inter-Bayern Munich match flew by...can't believe it was already a week ago. Bayern didn't play well despite having the territorial advantage much of the match.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Just finished watching the Yanks last tuneup game against the Socceroos. USA won 3-1. I'm still of the opinion the USA is good enough to finish second in their group, and would need a miracle (maybe two) to win a game in the knockout round. Still, that's about what I expect from our national team.

Anyone else watch the game and can better explain to me why the US had that goal disallowed in the second half? The announcers did a poor job, and my football/soccer knowledge is way too lacking to figure it out on my own.