main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I knew who Altidore was. But I just don't have time to know every single person by first name or last name, which you randomly chose as well. I do care though. And can more easily participate in discussion if I know who the heck we're talking about. :D

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry Tim. Terrance Boyd became a man crush of mine during your sabbatical.

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    LOL nice. I am understandably twitchy about the name Boyd when it comes to soccer... ;)

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fair enough. I think you'd like this kid. He's half German, and he's tearing up Austria.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Half German. That should meld well with Klinsmann...

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Fair enough, Strilo. :p

Speaking of half-Germans, I wonder when Tim Chandler will commit one way or another.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    February 6. If he suits up, he'll be cap tied to the Yanks. If he doesn't ... Forget about him.

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I think that a lot of people are already in the process.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Shea to Stoke is back on. Neighborhood of $4 million. Good.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Game time. Predicting 2-0 for USA. Goals by Omar Gonzalez and Graham Zusi.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well. I got the zero right. That was one of the worst games of soccer I have ever watched on TV. And I watch a lot of soccer.[face_plain]

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Darth McClain likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Michael Bradley is such a boss:

[​IMG]

I cannot wait for the game tomorrow. Leaving work at 1:00.

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll probably miss the first 10 minutes, but I'm really excited for the match. Really should get the AO polo so I can wear it to work.

15. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    USA game on some obscure channel. Mexico on ESPN2. :oops:

16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    ... unbelievable.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    what the hell

what the hell

God. Just.

I'm not sure I can keep a post within ToS right now.

We waited that long on Timmy Chandler for THAT crappy performance.

Omar Gonzales was slow and lazy on both Honduras goals. That game needed Boca. And didn't get him.

The US needed some scrap in this game. This game needed Hercules Gomez. And didn't get him.

This game needed a back-line with experience together instead of two guys making their first big game starts and four guys who had never played together. But, no, we don't get that, and don't even use a sub in that area.

This game was too quick a turnaround for the haphazard lineup Klinsman put out there. With no camp time, and most of your guys jet lagged, you need, you ****ing need, you ****ing need ********** a cohesive team that knows how to play together. We didn't have that in the least.

And now CR in Denver is a must win game. Cannot go to Mexico without having three points.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    God only knows what Klinsmann was thinking at the back. Bocanegra is a no-brainer with Cherundolo out to provide some cohesion and leadership- honestly, I don't even know who the hell Omar Gonzalez is. Altidore nowhere to be found in a useful manner again, Clint can't do it alone.

Eesh. At least England beat Brazil.

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Oh, what would the Hex be without doom and gloom from day one? :p

I watched MLS's post-game recap with Jimmy Conners, Alexi Lalas, and Rob Stone, and I think that Alexi got it right. It's not panic time yet. Honduras is a tough side at home.

More than the players, though, I want to see more out of Klinnsman. I agree with Brian Sciaretta's rating of about 2. Klinnsman did a bad job with roster selection and game management.

heels1785 likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Its not panic time yet ... But it's close. We lost to Jamaica last year. Never won competitive games in Costa Rica or Mexico. Lost on home soil to Panama. Road points are not coming easy in this Hex. And I'm not all that confident in fifteen points at home.

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I guess we'll see how things pan out. We need better from everyone, though.

I ordered my polo after the match today, so I'll be set for next game day. :cool:

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    WOW.

FT

Mexico 0 - 0 Jamaica

Jamaica just took a point at Azteca.

I think our neighbors to the south might have managed to have a worse start to the hex than we did. At least ours was a road game.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Grant Wahl on Hercules Gomez

What a fantastic read. Gomez is a great story. Can't wait for Disney to buy the movie rights to his life story. Really hope he starts the next two qualifiers - we need his scrappiness.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Very, very good read. Great work by Wahl. I love Herc, and his dedication.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    And in news only interesting to me ... Hercules Gomez just mentioned me on Twitter :D

Darth McClain likes this.