main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA FIRE!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Storm_Granger, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    Argh, something had be stuck in me throat

2. Iron_Jenny_Moonstar

Iron_Jenny_Moonstar Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2003
    Do it be a cracker me matey?

3. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    Argh, it was me chum from me chum bucket. there be little to eat when you be out at sea, matey.

4. Iron_Jenny_Moonstar

Iron_Jenny_Moonstar Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2003
    Arrrrr, have ye ever considered yer shipmates? With a side o' chum sauce and some grog?
    Can be quite tasty if done right.

8-}

5. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    GOD DAMNIT!!!! NOT AGAIN!!! THIS SUCKS I AM SO F@#$ING PISSED RIGHT NOW!!! I ABSOULTLY HATE THIS!! SOMEONE SHOOT ME!!!! THIS FIRE IS HUGE IT IS 10 TIMES BIGGER THEN THE FIRST ONE!!! DAMNIT!!!

6. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I know.

For the first time in a long time I'm really worried.

I have family that lives out by Lytel Creek just below the 15 in Rialto.

Now the fire is in Upland about 10 miles from my home. I can see it from my roof.

Eddie is ok (cause he lives in upland I was a bit concerned) but this thing is moving so fast and even jumping the Freeway.

My throats all messed up cause of the smoke and the ash is everywhere. It looks like a nuclear winter out here. And the wind is making it worse.

The sky is red and the stars are gone.

7. PrincessSolo

PrincessSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2003
    Really hope everyone is okay. I know that Andrea and Court are in Yucaipa, but Brandon's in Diego right now so he's relatively fine. But Jeff just told me that the other Brandon had to evacuate his house....it's just insane! I live in Corona, just at the beginning of Riverside so I'm not getting any of the actual flames, just all the **** it's bringing with it. The sky has been such an ugly orange/brown for the past two days, the sun is a deathly looking red, and all the cars are covered with ash and soot that you can actually see falling all over the place. People in Anaheim are going around with surgical masks already, so I can't imagine what it must be like for people actually up close to the fire. I know places like San Bernadino are being declared states of emergency, so my prayers and thoughts are with everyone in that general area. Frankly, this fire is both amazing and a major pain in the ass.

~Princess SOlo

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SHeesh, I know. I was in Riverside all day yesterday, and it was raining ash. I had to use my bandana like a cowboy mask just to breath, but once I got home (all the way down in Temecula and we can STILL see the smoke), my eyes, ears, and basically all of my face was covered in black. :( It was sad at competition. San Bernadino high school showed up, played, then left to get back home, and 2 others school didn't show up at all. The wind was AWEFUL.

But, by looking at the sky right now, it looks like it's gone down a bit (sorry if I'm wrong). :(

I'm praying for everyone right now!!

9. Noelle_Kittie

Noelle_Kittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2003
    Yeah, we helped my grandmother evacuate yesterday morning on the foothill by Cal State. My grandma lost her house in a fire the same size 20 years ago, poor woman. My best friend Tessa lives in Old Waterman Canyon and she lost her house for sure. She lives right in the middle of where the fire started. I live in East Highland, and we have a great view of all that is going on and it's really scary. I grew up around Del Rosa and Waterman area, so I'm too familiar with that area. I just hope these winds will stop soon.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Blast, the sky's covered in smoke again... The winds from the coast picked up and is blowing the smoke from the Pendleton fire over the mountains. :(

11. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I just wanted to stop by and see how you're all doing.

These fires have been crazy.....we spent a lot of our meeting yesterday watching the news and the smoke darken out the sky and watching the ash rain down, and checking up on people or family members who might be affected.

Storm, hope everything turns out OK. Please stay safe.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you down there as well.

~GB and the VCFF

12. MoNgO_FETT

MoNgO_FETT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    mongo hope you be ok. if any one want help to move things mongo is here :D
    mongo pray for you too

13. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Hey guys - I stopped by to make sure everyone is ok... One of my friends (Cenobyte) had to evacuate his home last night due to the fires.. Just makin sure everyone else is ok...

14. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    well we think our house is gone, our neighbor watched the flame coming up the back yard so we have given up hope

15. AquaDude

AquaDude Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Justen and I were up the hill last night so we had to evac. It seems to be going strong, and i just saw a news report that the line is at the rim, so We'll see how it works out, so far all my friends have gotten off the mountain, and we are all praying hard and repeatedly. Storm, as far as I've seen on the news, the fire hasen't gotten to springs. but they have been known to be wrong...from time to time.

16. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    Weel i sure hope you are right, it was yours and mine "best friend Doug" that told us

17. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I hope everyone else is ok and safe.

I found out my cousin and his grandparents had to evacuate from Alpine (down by SD).

I have more family up by simi valley and I haven't heard anything from them yet so it might be a good sign. (they would have called us if anything came up.)

The family I have in Rialto is ok.

Now the fire is in the foothills of La Verne a few miles north of Pomona.
    So far it looks like it will stay up there and go into San Dimas where the fire was last year.

All that smoke and ash is pouring down into the valley. This is nuts.

18. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    This is as frightening as 9/11 was. We just evacted my mom...I'm so worried about some of my friends I cant get ahold of..and I cant leave my house because I start wheezing. Andrea..I am so sorry..if you need anything let me know...same for anyone else..I just feel soo scared and sick inside..I want to cry..and thats not just the smoke in my eyes talking

19. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Hey everyone just checking in to see if your all right. I have friends in La Palma and they can the fires in the distance.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I just talked to Brandon and he's stuck in San Diego due to the fact that they closed the 15 freeway. :( Another fire just sprang up near me, and everyone's evacuating to Temecula High School. This is maddness...

Andrea, *massive hugs* :(

21. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    I am talking to Court on the phone and she wanted me to post for her and let you all know that her house is open to anyone who is evacuated.

22. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    and for me it is really no longer sepeculation....the house is gone

23. Rachael_Monster

Rachael_Monster Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2003
    *hugs Stormie*

The important thing is that your family is safe.

24. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    this is true and that is what is important right....all the other stuff is just things right....?

25. Rachael_Monster

Rachael_Monster Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2003
    A lot of it can be replaced and there are still the memories of whatever can not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.