main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA FIRE!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Storm_Granger, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    i appreacite you making me feel better

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Massive hugs to Andrea* I'm so sorry, guys.. I wish there was something I could do to help. :(

3. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    you being here to talk to me helps :) it keeps me busy

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I still wish I could do something... I feel so helpless... and it doesn't help that Armand is down in San Diego right now helping evac some of the SD peeps. :(

And I haven't heard anything about the fire near me!! I don't know it it's gone or still burning!!

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    *causes a torrent of rain to fall from the sky, putting the fire out*

Well, that's what I could do if I could :( I really wish I could do something. All we have out here in OC is the ash from the fire. It's a little hard to breathe, but nothing like what you guys are experiencing. I can't imagine what you must be going through. My prayers are with you all.

In even worse news, they're saying that we might get rolling blackouts tomorrow as well. I swear, this week just keeps getting better :_|

6. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    andrea..I am truly sorry. I hope you know that all our thoughts and prayers are with you. My mother is currently at my house..she is under voluntary evac. andrea or a.j...have you heard anything about dougie and christians hame?? I have a class with cristian, and I'm sure she wont be there and I cant get ahold of them at all.

7. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    I dont know about Dougie's house but i am praying for him and i dont know if i know the other person that you asking about so i guess i am no help sorry messa

8. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Storm, I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss. :~( I am glad to hear that you and your loved ones are safe. As it's been said, that is a blessing itself. (I lost a family member in a fire once, and it made the need to pick through rubble and such so much different....but that's another story and another time.) I know empty words cannot do much, but know you are being thought of and prayed for. I hope that as time goes on we will be able to help you and your family in some way, and I know the entire VCFF would be more than willing to pitch in and help.

<hugs> May you all be safe.

~GB

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Storm
    Im sorry to hear about your home. I hope that you and your family are all right and that whatever was lost can be replaced.

John

10. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Like Everyone has said Storm, everyone is OK!!! everything will be replaced, and things will get better...I promise! meanwhile, The fire is horrible...for the past week, my family has been pretty lucky. We had no ash or smoke, and could barely smell the fire. We could see it though. well today, everything around my house is covered in an orange haze, and it's really REALLY hard to breathe...there is ash falling like snow...it's insane...

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Rogue posted on the SDSWS forum about what has happened to Storm_Granger. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that the rest of you will stay safe. I will have all of you in my prayers.

Linda

12. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    ha!......all of SD is on fire, the fire was less than a mile from my house before the storm blew it south. Miramar Air Base is on fire, all sorts of craziness is going on...I'm sure you guys have seen it on the TV......

13. TDMRHDSpeeder

TDMRHDSpeeder Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2003
    I know that there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said but none the less...I'm glad everyone's ok, and Court's right, everthing can and will be replaced. And look at the bright side you get a story to tell your grandkids....ok i'm going to shut up now.

14. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    yeah Brandon was telling me Carl...the good news is, you aren't in danger RIGHT NOW....let's hope this'll come to a quick end, huh?

15. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Storm,

So sorry to hear your news. On behalf of the LA folks, we are thinking about you, and hope you life gets back to Normal ASAP.

Marshall Naiman/ Darth-Bubba

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    ICK... this fire down here in the Temecula Wine Country is still going strong. My teacher already lost her home last night to the flames. :(

17. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Aiiieeee! I am glad to hear you people are all okay. My home is somewhere down there, but I do not think the fires have reached Chino/Ontario. I'm sorry to hear that some of you lost your homes, that is one of my biggest fears and you will all be in my thoughts. Though I don't know any of you personally, we are all Star Wars Fans and that ties us together.

And with the loss of one of our own, this seems to be a bad week for both ends of California's Fan Forces. :( *Giant group hugs for the Inland Empire and San Francisco*

May the Force be with us all.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You guys seriously don't know how tempted I was to skip school and drive to Yucaipa today.. However, I had my Buick, and that wouldn't make it past Riverside. :(

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Listen to this: (how much does THIS suck??)

President Bush has declared a state of emergency for San Diego county, Ventura County, San Bernadino county, and Los Angles county, which means federal aid is coming. But that does nothing for us in Riverside county.

Andrea, I sure hope that you guys aren't considered Riverside (but judging by the area code, I think you are.) :(

20. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    No we are in San Bernardino so i guess this a plus

21. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    well the fire is near me house now.... grrrr....

22. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Andrea!! I'm so sorry, but at least your family is safe. my heart goes out to those who've been affected by this horrible fire. If i may keep you updated, our dear noellekittie is the next neighborhood to be evacuated in east highland. I wish you the best.

23. Rachael_Monster

Rachael_Monster Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2003
    It's not snowing ash as much anymore and I cant really smell it cause of the Hills behind my house. (yay!)

And I can't see it anymore from the freeway or the roof so thats good.

But it's been moving back in the other direction so it still sucks.

24. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    yeah the moving back is the problem, i want it to just stop and go away

25. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Thank goodness it's not threatening east highland anymore, but i heard that they are evacuating Forest Falls because there is a fire up there now. there is talk about evacuating big bear. a friend of the family had to leave work because he's part of the citizens patrol and he's helping the evacuations in forest falls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.