main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Firefly and Fringe

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scruffynerfherder31, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruffynerfherder31

Scruffynerfherder31 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 15, 2010
    I heard that Firefly is coming back to cable. Here is the story: http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/18/firefly.returns.ew/. I originally saw the news on SyFy (Dvice.com). I hope that the show can get better ratings this time around and maybe come back with another new season.

Does anyone watch Fringe? I have been watching it since the beginning. It actually aired the night my daughter was born. Let's just say that I was doubly awed that night. The show got moved to Fridays which is where shows typically go to die. I really like this new season and would love to see the show finish. What does everybody think about the show and the new time slot? Is Fringe doomed? I certainly hope NOT!

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Firefly is awesome, but it will never be picked up for another season. Everyone has moved on.

Fringe is pulling the same ratings on Friday that it did on Thursday:

"Everyone thought Fringe would bomb on Fridays, but it (luckily) didn?t. The show gets the same ratings as on Thursdays which is really good.

Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told EW he?s happy with the ratings: ?I?m so psyched about it,? and continues with thanking the fans: ?It does go to show you the loyalty of the genre audience, when you get the right show. I?m so grateful to that audience, I?d like to shake their hands. We have a lot of passion for that show here.?

I don?t see why Fox won?t renew Fringe for a fourth season, it?s not like they have any other show they can air on Fridays and will get such strong ratings? What do you think ? should Fox give Fringe an early renewal for season four?"
    Source: http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/fox-boss-kevin-reilly-psyched-about-fringe-ratings-fringe-season-4-renewal/31147

3. Scruffynerfherder31

Jun 15, 2010
    I think that the following is still there. I have heard a lot of buzz on the internet about the show and people want more.

4. Scruffynerfherder31

Jun 15, 2010
    Fringe as survived the the deadly Friday night spot that so many show before it have not. Fringe has been renewed for a fourth season! I love this show. Can't wait to see what happens.

5. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Maybe it will be a like Smallville... a Friday night show that lasted 10 seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.