main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Firefly, why is it so awesome?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by cambece, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cambece

cambece Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Why is Firefly so awesome? What are some of the things that influenced Joss to make it? Why did they cancel it? And if it was canceled due to poor ratings why are people so stupid?

Moleman edit: I appreciate the enthusiasm, but this is the thread you seek. :)

2. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    try farscape...this was Firefly except for being shot in Austraila, with American money. Without Whedon's witty banter, Farscape had better writing....and this is nearly impossible. Joss envisioned a western in space.

As for.. why are people so stupid...most sci-fi is minority fan-based. (Nerds,freaks,geeks,... whatever and etc.) General tv viewers do not watch Sci-fi, not broad enough for widely accepted tastes. That's why they get axed. And luckily brought back, due to writing campaigns. ie. Star trek, Farscape(Peacekeeper Wars), Firefly(Serenity).

"The general pop. doesn't know how 2 write."

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Eh, Firefly, average at best. Serenity was awful.

4. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
  5. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Farscape was awesome, when the show first came out i honestly didnt think it would last as long as it did. and it was also filmed like 2 suburbs away from me!

6. cambece

cambece Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I'm also a big fan of Farscape and space western animes like Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.