main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fireplace scene New revelation discovered

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by MarcJordan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm working on a Tet a tet comparison with the Fireplace scene and ROTJ's Luke reveal to Leia.

I think it is simply amazing and will put it up soon. Meanwhile if anyone else has an opinion already go ahead here.

It might be useful:D

MJ

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I have an opinion about the fireplace scene... It should be removed! :cool:

Curious to see where you go with this...

DarthCricketer likes this.
  3. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Sure. A little preview for you.

"I'm haunted by the kiss, that you should never have given me". And then look to TESB with their future children. Who did the the first kiss scene. What was your feeling. heck accidental or not GL allowed it despite SW being in flux. We all know it is more than awkward.

More to follow..

Cheers.

MJ

thejeditraitor and Avnar like this.
  4. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Ok, let me say this is not perfect by any stretch, but without further ado....

Don't all thank me at once. :-B (in case no one bothers :p but if you do :D)

Warning :it may not be pretty. And perhaps some holes to plug or I may have missed somethings.

ANAKIN: From the moment I met you, all those years ago, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't thought of you.And now that I'm with you now, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you Ican't breathe.I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me (LUKE Leia kiss -children of Padme- It was Leia who kissed first!).

My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar (future of Anakin who is scarred and his Vader breathing – Needing aid to breathe in his suit!). You are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything you ask..

ANAKIN : If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me.

PADME...I can't. We can't. It's just not possible.(Padme denies sensing any attachment even though she kissed Anakin at the balcony but check out what Leia says in ROTJ*)

ANAKIN : Anything is possible Padme…listen to me

PADME : No You listen. We live in a real world. Come back to it. (see pic here:compare with **)[​IMG]

You're studying to become a Jedi Knight. I'm a Senator. If you follow your
    thoughts through to conclusion, they will take us to a place cannot go... regardless of the way we feel about each other.

ANAKIN: Then you do feel something!

PADME: I will not give into this.

ROTS

Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

LUKE
    What do you remember?

Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE
    Tell me. (Luke really wants to know more about Padme;Anakin the Son also very insistent of remembering her since he met her as a kid.)

LEIA
    She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.
    (looks up) Why are you asking me all this? (this is self explanatory)

LUKE

I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her. (Luke is also as you see from here, is like Anakin, wants to really know Padme – but for Anakin his obsession of being with her, its an agony, not being able to “know” her still.). Thus, I think GL is correlating this need to know Padme from Luke’s Father Anakin!. See what comes next…as Leia is perplexed and asks:

Leia: Luke, tell me. What's troubling you?
    Luke: Vader's here. Now, on this moon.
    Leia: How do you know?
    Luke: I felt his presence. He's come for me. He can feel when I'm near. (see the correlation the need of knowing his mother, to his father, who felt Padme in ROTS- I’ll get to that further down). That's why I have to go. As long as I stay, I'm endangering the group and our mission here. I have to face him.
    Leia: Why?
    Luke: He's my father.
    Leia: [Your father?!There's more. It won't be easy for you to hear it, but you must. If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance.

Leia : Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have.

LUKE
    You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sister has it. (So this is the reveal. That they are the children of Leia’s real mother not just their father Vader/Anakin.)

LUKE

Yes. It's you Leia.

LEIA

·I know. Somehow...I've always known. (Refer to AOTC fireplace, even though it was Leia who kissed Luke! )

LUKE : Then you know why I have to face him.

LEIA : No! Luke, run away, far away! If he can feel your presence, then leave this place! (as opposed to Padme's "get back to it" ) (see pic here **:
    [​IMG]

This is directly parallel to AOTC fire place pic right here. The lighting too) I wish I could go with you.
    Luke: No, you don't. You've always been strong. (Padme doesn’t give in either!)
    Leia: But why must you confront him?
    Luke: Because there is good in him.(Padme’s character in Luke) I've felt it (here we can also look at Vader in ROTS after his transformation “I have felt it”).

LUKE continued : He won't turn me over to the Emperor. I can save him. I can turn him back to the good side. I have to try ( we can now see also that Padme his mother did try but we know the torture of her experiences with Anakin (see ROTS).. Thus Luke is like his mother with the experiences having the courage to face Anakin/Vader. Where the mother failed, Luke eventually succeeds.

In a nutshell, the Fireplace scene, shows that in ROTJ, Luke unravels his mission, realizes it, by questioning Leia about his mother, and revealing to her, who Vader is. Infact, you can see that Leia has fleeting emotional attachment to her mother but we as the audience can now grasp the resonating Family bond that is the SW story even if the children don't have that grasp. Luke nor Leia never really knew their parents true past, but we do!

Thus, the Fireplace scene is integral to the whole storyline.

MJ

thejeditraitor and darskpine10 like this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Alright... I have read that through twice (kudos - Must have taken you awhile) and...um...er...what are you trying to say?? [face_dunno]Haha maybe I am tired but I have no idea after reading everything you wrote why "The fireplace scene is integral to the whole storyline"

When I watch that scene I literally sink in my chair - It's sooooooo awkward! I stand by my original statement - It should be removed! (So should the kiss between Luke and Leia) That being said, when you read the dialogue it's not half as bad as the scene in the film...so it has to come down to delivery. Maybe they needed to go with another take...

:cool:

6. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Tks for looking through this. I empathize with you in a way because if you don't like the scene at all, it must have been difficult to visit the Fireplace scene all because of yours truly. :p

Yes, It took me some time...and I'm exhausted!

I would however, say that without the fireplace scene, I feel the seemingly obsessive nature of Anakin wanting to be with Padme, and seeing Padme struggle as well, where she too "feels something" we wouldn't have the chance of them even remotely getting together at all. They clearly are struggling with their feelings. There's a part when Anakin gets closer to her, Padme doesn't actually move away but re-positions herself;almost squirmish. It is only when Anakin says "listen to me" she moves away. So, its more of a defensive move while before that she was intently listening to him.

Regarding the awkwardness, that was the point actually. That's why i used the word before hand to formulate my ideas for this scene. Luke and Leia's kiss as I said, is much more awkward. I believe GL knows this hence he wanted this scene, knowing very well.

Btw What is your opinion about the two pics ?

MJ

Eternal_Jedi likes this.
  7. AniLukeRey

AniLukeRey Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    Haha I love this!! I actually love the fireplace scene...and the Luke and Leia kiss. Maybe I'm weird. But I love Attack of the Clones, I thought the romance was so awesomely kitchy, and for me it totally worked.

I also think the Luke and Leia kiss was fine, because they didn't know they were siblings. So its just funny at this point. But thank god for Han Solo, am I right. ;)

Eternal_Jedi and MarcJordan like this.