main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY first alliance and empire preview

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BubaFatt, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    to all you mini fanatics, the first preview is out for the alliance and empire set on wizards.com and it's about time. Death star trooper, no big deal, but they have the stats for han in stormtrooper armor which is a pretty cool peice, although it doesn't have the rumored ability which was supposed to counter thrawn's initiative control, but furious assault looks good and his commander effect is pretty good also, but no cunning or accurate shot like hans of the past. anyway I thought you fans might want to check it out, because i am needing a fix of more minis bad. We should have details about minis in cape by this weekend, whether it's constructed or sealed and how many points. Also, at the meeting next thursday we are going to have a mini meeting, no pun intended, afterwards to hammer out all the details for out tournament on June 9th at the library. We will have a flyer made and copies to hand out at Cape and also take some to Carbondale so hopefully we can try people from outside the club, so if you would like to be involved in organizing or have any input on the tourney plan on showing up and staying for the meeing so we can hopefully make this one of our most most productive events, and introduce people to this wonderful game known as star wars miniatures and maybe get some new members out of the deal. If there are typos in this message i'm sorry because I'm tired and have no intention of proofreading. Later. Goose out.

2. willismaximus

willismaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2006
    *is crushed under giant wall of text*

Seriously though, I need a fix soon. Got my universe and CotF case the other day and got some nice stuff. I looked at the Alliance/Empire previews . . . han looks alright for a fodder rich environment, but other wise I doubt he'll get much use. +8 attack is kinda low for a 25 pt offensive piece. I was looking forward to the anti-thrawn ability too, but alas no luck.

I did see some stats on the new Luke, Champion of the Force piece. Rebels will finally have a Luke that can stand up to the better vaders out there.

Luke Skywalker, Champion of the Force
    Rebels
    Cost: 49
    HP: 110
    DEF: 20
    ATK: +13
    DAM: 20

Melee; Double Attack; Flurry Attack

Force 2

Force Renewal 1; Force Alter; Force Leap; Jedi Mind Trick; Knights Speed; Deflect; Use the Force

If you have a dead ben (gets master of the force 2) then he can "use the force" on each of his double attack, which activates flurry both times, effectively giving him 4 attacks for 120 pts damage. Add a spotter +20 and han, rebel hero for +10 and he can dp 200 pts dmg in a single activation! Holy midichlorians batman! As a follower just add whatever support he needs for +atk, +hp, +dmg . . . whatever you like.

Yeah, I'm into this stuff now, and I'm gonna shutup or I'll go on for hours.

3. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    While I may be new to the minis, I am hopelessly hooked. I've bought several of the bounty hunter packs, no Boba Fett yet unfortunately, and I picked up a case of CotF at Crash. I'd love to help out at the minis planning meeting, and I definitely plan on attending the tournament, although I might not last that long.

4. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    the Alliance vs. Empire checklist is posted at rebelscum.com!!

5. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    Mara Jade, Jedi? Aurra sing, JH? Boba Fett, Enforcer? 3 more Hans? Holy crap that sounds tasty.

6. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    Briefly saw some stat cards today this is how they read

Boba Fett Enforcer
    Cost 38
    HP 100
    Def 19
    Atk 11
    dmg 20

Accurate, Mobile, Evade, Bounty hunter 4, Missiles 30, Capture net (target one character within 6 squares, that character and all characters adjacent to it are considered activated save 11)

Han Solo, Rogue
    Cost 30
    HP 60
    Def 17
    Atk 7
    Dmg 20

Accurate, Mobile, Evade, Cunning, Never Tell Me The Odds (enemy abilities that effect initiative do not have any effect)

Jabba The Hutt, Crime Lord
    Cost 15
    Hp: 80
    Def: 17
    Atk: 7
    Dmg: 20

Mighty Swing, Cunning Attack, Speed 2, melee attack

CE: Non Unique Fringe Followers within 6 squares gain Cunning Attack.

Ephant Mon
    Cost: 14
    Hp: 40
    Def: 14
    Atk 6
    Dmg: 20

Speed 4, Mighty Swing, Melee attack,

CE Followers within 6 squares may target an enemy with accurate shot even if they are not the closest enemy in cover.

Just some stats I was sent by email that I thought everyone might be interested, looks like we got the answer to thrawn after all.

7. willismaximus

Dec 17, 2006
    "CE Followers within 6 squares may target an enemy with accurate shot even if they are not the closest enemy in cover. "

That can't be right . . . do you mean they GAIN accurate shot? Cause, of course, if they already have it, they don't need an ability to let them attack anyone they have sight on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.