**First Annual Charity FanForce Softball Tournament** (Forceball)

Discussion in 'Toronto, ON' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    yup it's still on - sorry i was out most of the day, i'm just heading over to the park now
  2. Wolf Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice practice guys, next time we are going to start working on some drills.
  3. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

w00t! I can hit a ball! I'm so proud of myself. Now to work on actually hitting it further.

Mmmm. Licks was good. I still feel sorry for those slave labour singing Licks employees.

Now how do we get the monkey goverment running? *thoughtful look*
  4. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now how do we get the monkey goverment running?

We do...Its called the Liberal Party.
  5. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it was a good time - thanks for making it out. We still need some more people so if you're interested, please post and let us know.

6. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh I ache.

It was a nice day though.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy
  7. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would love to help out and join the team. However my skills are more then a little rusted , time and transportation are a major issue for me, and my fat rear is so out of shape its not funny. Gah I miss Baseball though.
  9. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just come on out to have fun if you can.

A lot of chatting, some baseball, food and a lot more chatting.

I am staying out of the Monkey politics.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy
  10. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I couldn't make it, hopefully will be able to for the next one.
  11. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    The practice that YJN had went great. It was also one of the better events we have had in ages. No cost, lots of fun.

With everything we were updated on during our meeting the ball game day stands to be one of the best combined events we've had.

I'll see if I can get Debby or Dana to update you regarding the details. (Lots of donations from area stores.)
  12. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    The practice that YJN had went great. It was also one of the better events we have had in ages. No cost, lots of fun.

With everything we were updated on during our meeting the ball game day stands to be one of the best combined events we've had.

I'll see if I can get Debby or Dana to update you regarding the details. (Lots of donations from area stores.)

And just a teaser...

The "poster" that will be going out to the media. (The proper info is not on it yet but you get the point.)
    [image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/12000/YJNPromo.jpg]
  13. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

That's a fantastic poster!

Glad to hear your practise went well.
  14. Jedi-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That poster look bada**!
  15. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    When do you guys want to have the next practice?

Hendon park is used Sat. and Sun after 6pm for league play. We can go anytime before then.
  16. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Guys!! Just giving you an update.

From the looks of things there will be 4 teams. 2 Canadian and 2 US. We figure there will be 3 games. Can vs. Can and then US vs. US. Final would be winning team from each side of the ditch, Can vs US. First game should be starting about 10 am. Directions and more detail will get sent out as soon as we have the pack altogether.

The rules will be Slo-Pitch. They will get sent out soon. Yes, you do get to pitch for your own team. 3 pitches. No fouls, balls, etc. The game is faster. We have also decided to have a fourth person (a rover)in the outfield to help out.

If you have a team name please PM me with it for anouncements and such.

A rough head count of those coming would help greatly right now. See if you can get together a semi-final list of those playing. Dana needs to give the city a number to work from. It would also be great if I could get a head count of people, friends, family, spec. that are coming and not playing. (Need an idea about food amounts.)

Dana and I have have great success with donations for this event. We have water donated for all the players, and then some to sell. One grocery store is donating all the hot dogs and hamburgers, as well as condiments and possible all the buns too, if no one else will help us out with that. Plus some other stores have given us gift certificates in order to buy stuff with. We are very excited and can't wait for this event.

The one thing we will need are bats, so if anyone has any, please bring them.
    We broke ours at our practice!! :eek:

Thanks and can't wait to see everyone.
  17. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

So, what should our team name be? :D

Next Practise? Hmm... I might be able to do next weekend sometime during the day. Exams are coming up for me so I'll be highly inactive for a little while.
  18. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the update! Would it be possible to have a game between the two losing teams in the first round? That way everyone gets to play twice. Only trying to give YJN another chance to play considering all the effort they put into this ;)

YJN has clearly done a lot of work and a really great job in organizing this major event - let's not disappoint with a low turnout from our group.

We need to get firm committments on who will be participating and/or watching the event.

If you're not wanting to play because you're worried about skill level - don't be. The team is open to anyone and I'm sure you will find it more fun to be on the team then in the bleachers.

If there are any lurkers out there, this event is a great way to have some fun, meet some new people, see how fanforce works and to get an idea of who you'll be lining up with next May.

Please post if you are going to participate on the team, watch from the bleachers or if you are unable to make the event.

Team

Adam
    Debbie
    Tessa
    Greg
    Matt
    Grey_Starr
    Grey_Starr's wife

Watching

A group leprechauns on loan from the Smithsonian.
    And some crickets.

Unable to attend
    Alex - might be able to for a bit.
    Duker
    David

19. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Just an update from my end...

I'll be sending out press kits to the local media in the next coming week.
    And from what we have been told, if we have a good turnout (meaning players and watchers), we are looking at raising around $1000+ (crosses fingers).

So...please do everything in your power to come. We need your help to pull this off. Without a team(s), for us to beat ;), there will not be an event at all.

Edit:

Adam, having 2 games should not be a problem. We have the field for the day and it s lighted if we need to play into the evening.
  20. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm (to play) in as long as unforseen circumstances do not arise. And I'll bring my own veggie burgers.
  21. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhpas we will get a box of veggie burgers, since there are perhaps others that would like the as well. Since they are being donated, I will see what I can do.

23. Java_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all... figured I'd pop by. I recieved a few more calls and it looks like vege-burgers are a go. I'm adding it to the softball shopping list as we speak. (Still have to hear back from the health food store, but they seemed into it. Promoting fitnes and all;) )
  24. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey I thought I would offer up some services to you guys.

If you guys want T-shirts to represent your team let me know and I will make a simple iron-on style shirt ready for wear on the 26th. Depending on what you want, it can run from 10-20 CAD each (including shirt and artwork) Let me know whos interested :)

Or shall YJN be the best dressed ;)
  25. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, until we have a full team in place, we can't really make a decision about t-shirts but thanks for the offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.