main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto **First Annual Charity FanForce Softball Tournament** (Forceball)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Well, Matt wanted to play, so did Alex. Remmeber?

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    And grey_starr and his wife as well. And possibly Janet in London, though I haven't spoken to her in some time.

Ya, please let's get more people out for this! It's going to be really great! And how about another practice too (I'd like to get to at least 1!)

I'm thinking that it would still be nice to wear something in common even if we don't do custom T-Shirts. Maybe if we all wear one colour T-Shirt, so we have some form of team unity? I'd really like to do something like that. I have my old TLL shirt, but I'm sure that many others don't have one.

(Yay veggie burgers! Thanks!)

As the time gets closer, we're going to have to start looking at transportation. I will have a car, so I don't mind driving, and I can take up to four people with me. My only request is that people chip in a few bucks for gas, because I am *really* lacking in the cash department.

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    You will have to list me as a no. Or put me in as a bonus player.

I have to be somewhere at 3pm that day. If there is an early game I may be able to make it but then I would have to leave.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Deb, what day would be good for you for a practice?

I don't want to add people to the list unless they have posted a confirmation themselves.

I'll bring a softball bat to the game.

As for "uniforms" - those who have a TLL shirt can wear theirs and others can wear a white t-shirt or a star wars t-shirt. If that works for all - at least then we'll be able to represent T.O and Star Wars at the same time.

As for transport, if you're going to the game and can give a lift, please post how many seats are available. Also, post if you'll be needing a lift.

Alot of this stuff we can take up at the next practice.

I think we should find another field to practice at. Hendon seems to be used quite alot and it would suck to plan a practice and then have the two fields taken. If you guys know of another that's convenient to most (ie, on the subway line or easy bus route) please post.

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
  6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    A little young aren't you for that.... ;)

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Are you guys up for a practice this Sunday or sometime next weekend?

Let me know what day is best.

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I can see about making it on sunday... so I'm a maybe!

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    What time do you plan to be there Sunday. I can not make it between noon and 4pm

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I can make it on Sunday. Where and when?

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Cool, glad to see you guys can make it - sorry it was such short notice.

Since Hendon Park is used during the evening for league play, we'll have to go to another field. The one I go to is just east of Bayview and Steeles - Bestview Park. Hopefully this will work for everyone:

So, how about we meet at 5pm at Bestview Park. Map of Laureleaf and Bestview
    [image=http://members.rogers.com/adamrichardson/images/Bestview.gif]

There's parking on Bestview Dr, so that shouldn't be a problem. The park has three diamonds - 1 on a field and 2 behind the public school. We should be at one of those.

Any problems let me know.

12. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    That was fun!

13. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Sorry I couldn't make it out. I'm on the last stretch of completeing some ISPs can't am bericating myself in my bedroom till I finish everything. -.-

I guess I just took a break :D

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    No probs, Tessa. We'll be having a final practice next weekend. If you guys have a preference for which day, let me know.

The practice went really well - a lot of fun. I think we were out there for 3.5-4 hours (minus some sitting time)

So thanks to Alex, Greg, Debbie, and Joseph for making it out.

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I can make another practice this weekend if it is in the evening (after 5:30) because I work during the day both days.

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Sat or Sun at 5:30 at Bestview Park, sounds good to me - if anyone has a preference for one of the days speak now or forever hold your burrito.

17. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Any day should be fine with me.

18. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    Are you saying I have to choose between speaking or keeping my burrito? I don't know if I can make that choice, I really want to eat that burrito

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm afraid so, Greg. You must sacrifice the burrito for the good of the game OR eat the burrito THEN decide on which day is better. That way you won't be stuck holding your burrito for all eternity.

I'll post the date tonight when I get in from work.

20. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I vote Sunday

21. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    i'm working both days unfortuatly 5pm to 12. any time before that i could make though.

22. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    So if we could do Sunday, we could start at 4 or something, Matt could leave early, and I could join you late.

23. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Hi Guys!!! Here are the rules for the Forceball Tournament. Sorry for the delay.

A coin toss shall determine home team. Double-sided coin is provided.

Bases will be 70ft apart.

The batting order has a minimum of 10 players. Batting order must alternate sexes.

Each batter is allowed a maximum of three pitches to hit a fair ball.

A batter does not get his/her base if hit by a pitched ball.

If a batted ball comes in contact with the pitcher, the ball is dead, the batter is out, and the runners return to the last base legally possessed at the time of the pitch (do not advance).

All players at the game must have their name on the batting order and must bat.

All players must play a minimum of two innings in the field.

A foul ball on the third strike shall be an automatic out.

Games shall be 9 innings unless tied. If tied, extra innings shall be played to determine a winner.

No steal cleats allowed.

Commitment line between 3rd base and home plate will be marked and shall be used. The runner will HAVE to run home and cannot turn back to third base.

Runners must maintain in contact with the base until the ball is hit.

Double base shall be used at first base.

Each team must provide a scorekeeper with the batting list.

There is an extra fielder on the defensive team, called a ?rover? who plays in the shallow outfield.

There is no bunting allowed.

No lining the pockets of the officials!!

There is a safe line at home plate that the base-runner must touch or cross before home plate is touched by the defensive player, with the ball. This is to eliminate sliding and collisions at home plate.

There is a line drawn 21 feet from home plate perpendicular to the baseline which is called the commitment line. A runner crossing the line must continue home and either cross the safe line or touch home plate.

The offensive team (batting team) supplies the pitcher, pitching to their own team.

The pitcher must deliver the ball underhand at a moderate speed.

The pitcher pitches the ball from 40-50 feet away.

The pitcher may not touch the ball while the defensive team is making a play. Balls from the outfield must go to an infielder, who will return it to the pitcher when play has ceased. If the pitcher interferes with a play by the defensive team, the ball is dead and the runner nearest home plate is out.

HAVE FUN!!!! :D

24. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Perhaps you can think about bringing chairs. There are stands for people to sit in, but it might be more comfortable with your own chair. Just a thought for those that have them, and the room to bring them.

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, so how about we set the practice for Sunday, June 20th at 4:00pm at Bestview Park. There should be a link to the map in the previous practices' details -I'll update here with a link when I get home (at work).

A few of us may be going out to play for a little while tomorrow. I'll post details on that once I've confirmed them. The 'official' practice will be Sunday but if you guys can make it out both days that's great too!

Hopefully everyone who is playing on the team in Toronto will be able to make it out, especially those who haven't been to a practice.

Any problems, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.