main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto **First Annual Charity FanForce Softball Tournament** (Forceball)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I should have a spot dan, right now i think i'm just taking debs.

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I plan to bring my costume (Jedi) and change into it after the 10am game. I am not sure what the schedule is since Syracuse backed out but I don't plan on playing a second game before I have to leave (approx 12:30)

Hopefully there wlll be a group photo before then.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I'll bring my 'Smugler in the making' costume. Just to see how it handles before TTrek.

4. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    OK, Wolf where and when can we meet up I can get the ride.

5. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey Dan,
    Matt and I are pretty far north, and I'm fairly sure he'll be taking the 407 which is around us as well. So ideally, Finch station would be good, or something like that. PM me and him your phone number so we can discuss.

6. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hmm debs let me know when your back in TO, i have work tonight so i might not be able to coordinate well.

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Tessa, do you have things worked out for transportation?

If you can't reach Greg, if he's still picking you up, PM me and I'll pass on the info.

Everyone else set for transportation and everything else?

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Matt,
    I'm back in Toronto. You're driving because I have a flat tire. I'm also working though tonight.

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Yep Adam,

Greg contacted me today just to confirm.

10. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    we are good on my end, dan and deb i've got.

11. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    It was a fun time had by all, we came in second of three teams

12. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    It was a Great time!... can't wait to go to sleep now!... and I just know I'll hurt more in the morning...

Alex... the shirts are Awsome!!...

13. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Holy crap! I can't move, and I have a sunburn on my face...and you can just imagine how that looks since I was wearing sunglasses.

14. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    ouch... my legs are a cesspool of pain. That might be because I walked to Brock Univercity afterwards though.

15. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    Sunburn everywhere, well, almost everywhere, but man that was a good day, thanks everybody, we'll win it all next year, go Gibbons

16. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Whoo hooo that was a good time when I wasn't tired. I played only 2 games and I ache. I can imagine how you all are doing.

I brought sun tan lotion but didn't use it. Then again I was only there for a few hours.

Wish I could have stayed longer to help taunt YJN

Sleep time.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

17. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    its morning and I have to go to work in pain, my neck is very red and its hard to eat, I have the bat we won for second place and its put up for now. it can exchange places at some later date if needed.

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm not really sore at all, but I got roasted. This thing called 'sunscreen'... maybe I'll try it sometime.

I just want to thank all of you for coming out to the practices and to the tournament - it was an awesome time, and I can't wait till next year's tournament!

If you guys didn't put the effort in that you did, we would have had to sit on the sidelines and miss out on a really fun day. Thanks!

I hope we'll have an even bigger turnout next year, when we win that Trophy!

19. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    My shoulder will be fine, thanks to rest and drugs. Next time, throw the ball over the duggout :D. But seriously, it was great to meet the Toronto Star Wars fans. I wish I had more time to get to know you better. Oh well, there's always next year, when I will have learned to slide feet-first. On the bright side, it could be worse. I could have dislocated my shoulder like Derek Jeter did last year at SkyDome when he went into third base and colliding with the catcher going up the third-base line covering third. Thanks for all your well-wishes. I really appreciate it. See you guys next year!

Pants not make one great.

20. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Glad to hear you are better.

yes I hope next year we will get a chance to know each other better.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

21. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Some photos are up at http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=15347 :)

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

My photos are up here: http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=15323

23. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Just wanted to pop by and say Thanks sooooooo much for coming out and playing your hearts out! It was a truly incredible day! There were some amazing plays. Next year I hope to be about to vid the whole thing and then do up highlight tapes. :) Ok,ok, so it's that might be the afterglow talking, but I can't wait to see you all again next year!

With out you guys the day would not have been possible! Each and everyone one who came out is a champion!

( oh, that reminds me, I still have to take teh trophy down to get the REAL plaque put on. Should I just save time and put us on next years as well? )

24. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    So I finally made it to the computer!!

Thank-you so much to everyone for making this such a great day and a great event. There are some great players out there, unfortunately one was always there to catch the ball I hit!!!
    Not saying any names? Matt! :D

We raised over $500, which is HUGE for the amount of people that showed up. I want to thank everyone for making this event a success for Women?s Place ? St. Catharines. They were very happy when I came by afterwards with the car full of leftover food, and even more so when I handed over the cheque.

I want to acknowledge all the people who donated food or water or gift certificates for this event. Without these people, again we would not have had such a successful event. And the fantastic thing is, all these people agreed and wanted to help out again next year!!! YEAH!!!

I want to give a special thanks to all the players who travelled from Toronto and Buffalo and Rochester. This event only happened because you all were willing to travel the distance and make this a success. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart. Despite the injury to Shawn, and all the pain we are feeling now, it was a great day!! I am so happy the weather participated and that it didn't rain, as it is right now!! It was great to see such team spirit. When a team was down and didn?t have enough players, we had numerous people pitch in to help and have fun. That really touched me and shows what good people you all are!! Thank-you Everyone, for playing good ball and having fun. That?s what counts. All of you should give yourselves a round of applause!! Thank-you!! =D=

Thank-you to all the numerous people who tried to be commentary for the event. Hopefully next year we will be in time to get someone from our local television station or something, but in the meanwhile, the commentary kept us laughing. Sorry Deb, you never got to sing the national anthem. Next time, I promise!!! :)

Thank-you Matt, for bringing all the emergency supplies. Obviously, we all know they came in handy for Shawn. I owe you some ice packs!!

Thank-you to both Adam and Chris for being my contact for your teams. I appreciated all your PM?s, and no, you were not a pain. Ask anyone else, I would have let you know if you were!! You helped keep things organized over the long distances. Thanks!

Thank-you Justin for designing the flyers, posters and certificates. They looked great! We'll let you know what people think of them when we hand them out on Wednesday.

Thank-you Laurie for coming through at the last minute and helping me with the saber chart, that would show how much we made throughout the day. You knew how much I had on my plate and came through in a pinch. It looks great and the best part is that it can be used again for other events. And when you said you were chopping up onions, I didn?t know you were doing enough for all of Thorold!! :)

Thank-you Chris for doing up the press kits.

Thank-you John for picking up the frames and cheese.

Thank-you Tim and Steph for running out last minute and getting the ice and veggie burgers.

Thank-you to everyone who helped clean up at the end. It went smoothly and the help was appreciated.

And last but definitely not least, thank-you to Dana! Without you, this event would not have been possible. You were the contact at home while I was working. You were the one doing all the calls. I couldn?t have asked for a better and more organized person to work with than you!! :) Thank-you!!!

I hope I am not forgetting to thank anyone. If I have, I am sorry. I have to take another pain killer!!

I guess this is long enough, so I will just end this by saying thank-you again, and saying that I look forward to winning again next year!! :*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.