main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV First Annual TSS weight loss challenge

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthDarkstar, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Thats's right.. it's here...

Myself, Moron, and Gerson didn't stand in the 5 hour line to get a pack of chapkstick and a hat for the discovery crap, so we decided to make our own. Its not too late! If anyone one else wants to join you still can. No we don't give you a hat, nor chapstick, nor a book, we give you osmehting better. COLD HARD CASH!

thats right... all entereies puts money in a pot once a month for three months, and at the end of it the person taht lost the most weight WINS IT ALL!!!!!

Post here if you want to enter, and place your starting weight. We end on April 10th, you have one more week to sign up.

2. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Darkstar: as of 1/10/04 I weigh 270.6lbs. I qualify as a fatty!

3. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    So how are you guys going about this anyways? Cause I would like to gain some muscle(not just weight), so I could join you depending on what stuff your gonna do.

4. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I have lost nine pounds since I started my weight loss routine a week ago.

I always lose the first fifteen really fast, then it slows down after that.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    As of 1/10/2003 I weigh 293 lbs. I will win this contest! So, how much money?

6. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Moka- If you are doing a good workout then you will also gain muscle, which weighs more then fat. So naturally you will slow down on losing weight because you are gaining muscle weight.

7. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I am staying away from my muscle gain workout right now for that very reason, and instead am concentrating on heavy cardio. Mainly I have started running, and hope to possibly work up to a half marathon by May.

By the way, my beginning of the year weigh in was 239lbs. I am now down to 230. I still qualify as "obese" according to the Body Weight Index that was on the dang death clock website.

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Yes so we need to work out, maybe in a poll how much to put in every month. Not more than $10 probably cause none of us are loaded. I weighed in at 303.6 on jan 10th. We should not do total weight lost, but rather total percentage of change. Perhaps we should measure our waists, chests, and stomachs or something then take the total percentage at the end of the 3 months of all catergories. For Protoss we could also include percentage of gain in those areas. What do you think?

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I think it's good to do a percentage of weight loss, but I don't think it's nessessary to measure chests and waists, because that is really subjective. Some people distribute weight differently than others, and it may come to a point where someone lost the most weight, another loses the most percentage, and another has the most drastic change in waist and chest measurments.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Have you considered a combination of:

1. Body Fat percentage
    2. Overall change in body appearance

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Body fat percentage is a good one, but I don't know how to get it measured for free. If anyone knows I would appreciate it. I think the more things we throw in the better. Weight loss (or gain), change in size around the waist and chest I think are valid, we could throw in neck, arms, legs, and stomach just to encompass the whole body change, body fat percentage change, and we could take pictures before and after the 3 months and have an outside judge or something. Then take an average percentage of each category to determine the winner. I want to make this as all encompassing as possible to make it the most fair.

12. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I have it, if you are really serious all of you go to the doctor and get physicals now, then do it again at the end of the contest.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    true, physicals would be good, then you can include cholesterol, etc.

I have a body fat calulating scale. It is not perfectly accurate, but it's not bad for a rough idea. It works by running a mild electric current through your body when you stand on it barefoot. Fat transmits electricity differently than muscle, so that date combined with your weight and height, and whether you're a male or female will generate your body fat percentage.

They are not that expensive, and you can get them at health food stores like GNC in the mall.

Or go to your gym and ask them to measure your body fat. They will, either using a device like the above, or by using old school calipers.

If you are really hard up, I can bring my scale to the next game. As long as none of you have some weird foot fungus or stink feet, you are welcome to use it now, and at the end of your competition.

14. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    So how is everyone doing on the weightloss?

I'm hungry and cranky all the time.. ok not really cranky, but i am hungry... very hungry.... western bacon cheeseburger from carls jr..... tacos and jumbo jack from jack in teh box... hmmm..... fajita burrito and 2 bean burritos from Taco Bell... a number 4 from Del taco... yummm...... a salad from wendys... what where did that one come from? I meant a triple bacon cheeseburger from wendys! yumm.....

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I can say one thing: I've been pretty good. The people at work give me strange looks when they see my lunch: apple, orange, & carrot (which, incidentally, if placed in a particular order resemble something naughty).
    I haven't excersized as much as I'd liked to, but I make sure I get a work out at work by running everywhere I go.
    Tomorrow, we should all post our 1 week weights, just to see if we've really lost any weight at all, or if we're just kidding ourselves.

16. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I've hit my first plateau. I lost those first nine pounds really fast, and since then have only lost two more.

But on the plus side, my pants aren't fitting quite as tight as they have been, so I am feeling somewhat encouraged.

17. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I dont have a scale, but I can probably weigh myself this wednesday cause I'll be somewhere that does have one... I'm kinda nervous now...

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I weighed in at 288 today, so that's 15 pounds down in 1 week. I don't know exactly how that happened, but I don't mind it a bit.

19. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sweet Gerson! Keep it up baby.

20. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    so how are you all doing? still losing that poundage?

21. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm not weighing myself again until friday, so I will let you all know then.

22. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    My goal is to get to 200 pounds and also be able to pass the physical fitness requirements for the police academy with the best possible scores. I just printed out a 16 week conditioning program to reach those goals. Let me know if anyone is interested in it. It covers push-ups, sit-ups, jogging 3 miles, and heavy sprinting.

23. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Could I get a copy of that?

24. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Since the 10th from when I got weighed in I weighed 279, as of today I weight 266. I set a personal goal of 60 pounds in 12 weeks and a weekly goal of 5 pounds per week. So far I have reached my goal this week 3 days early so that is cool.

I think that posting weight loss on the board is a good idea. We should do it on a weekly basis.

C

25. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    ha I stopped taking insulin and have lost 20 pounds as my own body turns against me and burns up fat and then muscle tissue.

Mouth is a little dry and I cant see so well...hard to post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.