main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Yeah, I can't wait to get my pictures back! That one of Ewan giving me a kiss on the cheek is priceless!

Seriously, though, I'm so excited about having actually dates for C4, I'm ready to burst. I really don't care where it is, I'll be there. Just give us time to make reservations!

Regards,
    M.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Any chance this is going to be pushed back to '08? I'm going to find it pretty hard to save up the $1600 I needed last time in only the 7 or 8 months after it's announced.

I barely got the cash together in time for the last one. I'd hate to have to stress myself out going through that process again. My advance only came through about 2 weeks before I had to leave.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I have to agree that I'd like to see it pushed back to 2008, or at least until fall of 2007. There's no way I can get the money together for another Celebration in the year left from now until April '07.

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^which is paramount reason why ^^^^^^^
    they should have already announced the date and location by now. people have to make plans. i can't see them delaying it until 2008 since the intention is to celebrate the 30th anniversary of ANH - which is 2007.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Averaged out, C2/C3 official announcement came about 1 year ahead of the event...that puts an official announcement off until another month or two (if there's going to be one).

I can't help you save money for the event, but given the miniscule things we know about the event, all you can do is try to save as much as you can starting today, or at least clear off some space on your credit cards, if you want to go.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm gonna have to put a 2nd mortgage on the house for C4. I can't see myself spending anywhere under 1500 bucks this time around. I got out cheap last time for around 700 but I didn't buy that much either.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    OO, I just got a house so that's not a bad idea! Who needs money for home improvements, conventions are so much more fun!

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Exactly, screw that central air I was going to get for the house. MY Star Wars addictiction comes before all else.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I was going to get a liver transplant, but C4 sounds like more fun to me.

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Besides Dylan, you'd only damage the new liver at C4 anyways!

Better to wait until afterwards.

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
  12. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Why would it be in 2007? The past three have been three years apart, that would put it in 2008. Which is also when the TV series is scheduled to air. ;)

!snap

13. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    It's been said that it's a possibility that it could be in 2007 because that's when its the 30th Anniversary of the release of the original Star Wars.

14. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I think it will be in 2007 for 4 reasons-1-30th ann.2-new clone wars cartoon series.3-new indiana jones movie in the works.4-dont know if its still coming out next year but star wars episode 4 in 3d is suppose to be released for the 30th.

15. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    2008: book it.

!snap

16. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    30th Annv. is the reason for the season.

17. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    An anniversary is great, but it doesn't give you things to talk about. It doesn't give you people you want to stand in line to see. A TV show which is in production and will be airing in months does give you those things.

!snap

18. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    OK then, here is just a small list of things to expect in 2007:

30th Anniversary
    SW Live Action TV Show
    SW Computer Animated TV Show
    Original Trilogy re-release in 3D

Compare that to the reason for the first 3 Celebrations which was a single movie release and thats already 4 times as many reasons to Celebrate.

19. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I haven't heard too much about the 3d version coming out besides what little was said way back when. I heard the TV shows was pushed back to 2008. So that means we only have the Anniversery but thats good enough for me. anyway.

20. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    That, and if it is in 2007, it gies us all a bit more time to save up the cash!! It is St. Louis, right? ;)

Elijah - VaderFanForever

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Dallas was getting some pretty heavy rumors about it a while ago so who knows.

22. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Unless these other cities are building new facilities the time of the con there is no reason to even consider them.

!snap

23. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I think it would be helpful if someone could breakdown cost (roughly) of how much everything is going to cost. You could leave out air/car fare, as everyone is coming from a different place, & the actual ticket price for the whole weekend, but include food, drinks (if any), collectibles (if any), hotel, and so on. I thought I saw a thread last year where someone broke it down for the last Celebration. If anyone could lead me to that thread, that would be helpful.

24. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I live to give:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=16272126&brd=10611&start=18284781

Never did get to do a final cost for C3.

25. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    There is also a more recent "How much did you spend at C3?" board at the bottom of the page... or you could go here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebrations/b10611/22908319/p1/?13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.