main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    yeah thats it. it was worth it

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm lucky to be eating anything still. But it was worth every single overdraft and over the limit charge. No doubts. Best 5 days of my life.

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I'd like to have C3 paid off before C4, but if that doesn't happen, oh well!

I definitely now have a better idea of what kind of budget to plan out.

I also now know not to spend a lot on a hotel room that I am going to spend very little time in!

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i think it would be crazy to try to organize a wedding at c4.. much more fun just to have a party to celebrate the wedding then.. and get married earlier!

because what if your wedding was at the same time as nick gillard?

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, the flipside would be you could have Rick McCallum be the minister. :cool:

6. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    that would be awesome !!!

7. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm lucky to be eating anything still. But it was worth every single overdraft and over the limit charge. No doubts. Best 5 days of my life.

I was totally there. I got sick after C3 and had to take an extra 4 days of unpaid time off of work.

Luckily a few nice and generous and giving people bought me drinks at C3 so that helped.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Things to do for C4:

1. Consider volunteering so I won't have to give up 6 hours of my life waiting in line at The Store.

2. Consider getting in costume so I get stopped every minute for a picture so I can feel wanted and special.

3. Bring alot more money to spend in the vendor area.

4. Get buff so I look good in or out of a possible costume.

5. Find ***** Bobs once and for all.

6. Get a "Rick McCallum Loves You" tattoo and show it to him so maybe he will so impressed by such craziness that he will invite me and whomever I'm hanging out with out for drinks.

7. This time, bring a camera.

9. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    The only thing that could make C4 better for me is that my Nephew will probably be old enough to go and appreciate a lot of it. He will be 7, almost 8 by then. He's already a big SW fan and LOVES looking at all the pics we took of C3.

Doc

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "2. Consider getting in costume so I get stopped every minute for a picture so I can feel wanted and special."

Aww, didn't we pay enough attention to you? :p

"3. Bring alot more money to spend in the vendor area."

I don't think it's possible to bring enough money for everything you could want.

"5. Find ***** Bobs once and for all."

I am convinced that ***** Bob's is just a myth that Christie created to get away from Paul and walk in a giant circle at night.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, even though I'm ugly in all of them, you guys did take alot of pics of me. :)

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    You probably just got in the background, or in the way. :p

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm not amused yoda-boy.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Unless it's some inside joke, there isn't a "***** Bob's", but there is a Tiki Bob's. The other place is probably better known as The Red Garter. ;)

15. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I guess you'll never know, Jefffff.

Actually, I told you, I just wanted to see how long Montie could go without the bathroom. Plus it was funny to watch B stumble around drunk.

16. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I had a lot of fun at C III, but I doubt I'd go back. What would be the point of a C 4 anyway? No new movies.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes, it's and inside joke.

We do have a tv show to look forward to, and it's never a bad thing to go shopping in a HUGE SW merchandise vendor area.

I'd assume we get a preview of what the Saga looks like in the new 3D filming tech that GL is going to use.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, TV Show & 3D movies, plus it's always cool to see the actors, artists, & authors in a purely Star Wars arena....but mostly just getting a chance to meet back up with friends.

19. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That would be the best part. It's an excellent excuse to travel half-way across the country (or globe) to see friends again. The Star Wars part is just icing on the cake.

20. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I really need to start saving money again... C3 was so much fun I wouldn't want to miss C4 for the world! :D

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Honestly, I barely spent any time looking at movie stuff. I didn't bother with George or opening cermonies, didn't see any panels, pretty much ran through the Archives. Only thing I saw was the One-Man (after much insisiting from my fiance and friends) and part of the costuming contest (got bored of the Jedi). I went there to meet the fans, the people on these boards. Because of that, I never spent a moment in a line or dealt with much crowding. That's why you go to Celebration.

22. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^That sounds kind of lame. You spent nearly 100 bucks to talk with people you talk
    to everyday on the net. If that's what you wanted to do, that's fine, but I went to see the SW stuff, not hang out with fans.

23. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Dude, talking on the net is nothing like hanging out in person. The money spent at C3 was a small price to pay for all those memories. I did go to some events and they were a lot of fun, but it's mostly about the fans and meeting up with your friends, in my opinion.

24. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Hmm, well, I didn't hang out at a bar all weekend. I can do that at home for free.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It's not lame at all. I never get to see these people in person, except the ones in my FF. There is no other way to see so many of them at once either, even if I went to visit everyone, there's no way I could afford to hit them all. I even made a couple of very close friends at C3, all of which I knew on here, but never would have had the opportunity to interact with were it not for Celebration. Their friendship is worth far more that a mere $100.

Also look at the people who had the most complaints about C3, the people whose only goal was to see George, the stars, and get Star Wars stuff. The people who relaxed and just hung with the fans had a much nicer time IMO. There was far less stress and worry (can't speak for myself on the lack of stress, I ran a table and was stressed to the max, but I enjoy that). You will not hear a single complaint about C3 and only 2 regrets, my hotel and not getting to spend more time there.

But then if the lack of a movie means there will be a few less people at the convention, I don't think that's a bad thing really. There were a LOT of people in the Con Center. Less would make it easier to move around and see more if you want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.