main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Darn. Gaming. :(

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, this means nothing. Gen Con is held in Anaheim every year.

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Anihiem CC has a tiny window in May 2007 - too small for set up/tear down of three events, espcially if you include one as huge as C-4.

4. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I still dont believe c4 will be in california.No I dont live in Indiana and as soon as c3 was over we heard it would not be back there.The two places I feel it will end up is either st.louis or dallas.I think it should be in Indy for one very big reason-they have yet to make it as perfect as they can but why start completely over from scratch.Everyone is saying Indy 500 is in May.Who says it has to be in May?If you are sick on your anniversary do you just completely forget to celebrate it??YOU BETTER NOT!I say it needs to be in June so that parents can bring their kids instead of missing the first day or two for school.Last time my 10 year old daughter was not happy because her and my wife had to stay home for testing was going on.Remember Star Wars the family movie??I think it would be nice if the family could attend.Everyone is saying most people go on vacation in the summer,duh,celebration=vacation.Time I spend what I need to spend that is my vacation.We may do an amusement park but usually will wait until fall since it is cooler.It doesnt have to be cool in an air conditioned building.Star Wars c4 should be in the summer nuff said.

5. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Well no one from St.Louis or Dallas has reported any site visits there, so at this point I doubut they were or are on the short list.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I heard StL was on the short list. But since no one that I know of has contacts with the Convention Center here we've had no news to give.

7. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002

:mad: Watch it Roo.

8. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    no update on site but a friend was at Disneyworld this weekend and talked to Rick McCallum who confirmed there will definitely be a C4 next year....but that's all that was confirmed about C4

and we know Rick

9. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I did not see any official announcement on starwars.com or gencon.com It is promising to hear Rick saying CIV would happen in 2007. I suspect they might wait till July or August to make the announcement. Seems past Celebration announcements were less than year from the official days. On finger crossed for Indy. May 11-19, 2007 is still open on Indiana convention center schedule.

10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Umm... C2 was announce 262 days before the event, C3 454 days. Average them and you get 358 days, close enough to a year.

So what am I saying? That there is no pattern at all. We have information that the announcement will be made this week so we'll sit here and wait to see if it happens. If it does, it does. If it doesn't then we'll just have to wait longer.

11. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Well said, Dingo!

Well said.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    It seems they've opted for a more central location to ease everyone's travel plans...

It's official! Des Moines, Iowa Convention Center May 2007!

Capacity 12,000 people! 4 Motel 6's within walking distance, and a pankcake house right across the street! Make your reservations NNNNNOOOOOOWWW!

Iowa Convention Center
    http://iowaeventscenter.com/
    (515) 564-8000

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm trying to decide if I should give you a swipe with the banhammer for trolling (and that I went to StarWars.com looking to verfiy), but I'm laughing too hard at "4 Motel 6's within walking distance" bit.

:p

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I just finished my collection. :eek:

I've been collecting banhammer threats from each and every GSA and RSA for various things, and you were the last one I needed! [face_love]

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey, you're in Indy?

You guys beat my Lego SD team at C3 by about 4 minutes for 1st place. :p

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    That's just the promo...the real deal would have included either:

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/fan-art/banhammer.jpg] or [image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/fan-art/banhammer2.jpg]

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And lo', teh masked challenger merely grunted at his opponent's brandishing of his weapon of doom...

[image=http://www.octomoose.net/unicorn.jpg] ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... [image=http://www.octomoose.net/charge.jpg]

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/TehFunnay/ffee55bc.gif]
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    BAH!!!! April fools was LAst MONTH:mad:

[face_laugh]

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Two thread hijackings in one day.

That's a new record for me.

It's been a slow day at work -- tomorrow's my last day on this contract. LOL.

21. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
  22. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
  23. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    It's official!!!! See you in LA!

[face_dancing]

24. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Well darn. Oh well!

25. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    The thing that I don't understand more than it being in LA is that they are working with GenCon again!!!

From the official announcement: "Together I know that we will produce a convention that will not only meet, but exceed, fans' expectations. With Lucasfilm 100% behind this show, it's going to be the biggest party in the history of the franchise. We are particularly focused on dramatically improving the selection and service in the Celebration store."

What a crock! This is very similar to what they said before C3.

But, think of this: If the store'll be open 24 hours a day, there will never be a capped line, they'll just let it get as long as they can accomodate the line...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.