main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I never complained at all about C 3. I saw everything that I wanted to see, including George. I had a great time.

I had more fun talking to the SW actors than talking to Joe Schmoe from Oklahoma with his 100 Darth Vaders he bought at the store.

2. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    You know Joe too!! Cool he has got the best prices on ebay ya know!

Last week I spent 40 bucks on a ticket and went to a metallica concert but never left the parking lot cause the people tailgating were sooooo cool! I hear the show was great though!

3. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    We all do realize that people go to these events for different reasons, right?

What did I enjoy more: being mellow about the convention itself, not sweating the lines or store
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/CelebrationIII/LineMorning.jpg]
    ^^^Not Here

Or hanging out in bars with friends from everywhere on the globe and actors, just like we all do at home,apparently?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/CelebrationIII/Jillians_Group_Pic.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/CelebrationIII/Sandi.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/CelebrationIII/JeromeBCage.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/JeremyBre.jpg]
    ^^^Am Here

Gosh, I don't know, they were both so great! Convention + Socializing = fun, and much celeb grab-arse.
    Something for everyone. Yes, too many pictures, but there's a point to be made. People spend their time and money for different things. I mean, heck, Dajuan got a table to run and a husband out of the deal.
    Get the next one going, already!

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    (Just posting a random comment here)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/eajc4f/CelebrationIII/LineMorning.jpg]

^[face_laugh] That pic just brought a flashback to that morning of 10,000 (?) fans standing in the rain on that roof. It was hard to stand there at the time,but it awesome anyway. :D

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, everyone has different reasons for going to C3. You gotta respect people willing to shell out the bucks and the effort to meet some longtime friends. :)

6. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Ummmm, that was my point. Man we are a touchy bunch this morning!

7. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, I didn't go to C III to get hammered at a bar, but more power to you.

Oh, and I really only stood in a long line once. If you waited till after noon, you could
    pretty much walk into the con using skyways!

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    yeah, that Joe Shmoe was really annoying, wasn't he?

I for one really hope there is a C4. CIII was my very first scifi con and it was a real learning experience for me, and I know there are many things I will do different at the next one in order to make the experience more enjoyable. Not that I didn't have a great time, but I think I will be better prepared for the next one now.

2007- 2 years to get ready! Bring it on!!!!

9. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I've been to a lot of Trek cons, but they were very small compared to C III. I
    will have to go all four days to the next one, even though, I saw what I wanted
    to see at C III.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Will two be enough though, will we be able to save enough by then? Ah, who cares, it will be my honeymoon [face_love]

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Wow, Dajuan, how cool! what a way to celebrate a marriage. If there's a party, I hope you'll invite us all, :)

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is the best perk to living in Indiana. I am definitly there!!

13. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Best Perk? You mean there are others?

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'll be there, after having been at C3 I wouldn't be able to stay at home knowing how much fun everybody else have. My only problem is that in spring 2007 I'm probably having a job that is a mix between employment and voluntary work, and I don't really have the possibility to take time off. Maybe one can hope that it will be on the 25th of May, since then most of my responsibilites would be over, and I would mostly just have to do the regular work stuff.

15. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Indiana jones 4 star wars in 3d c4 oh what a year 2007 and oh yeah that tv show heehee!!!

16. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    C4 almost sounds like an explosive event already, can't wait for it!!!!!

17. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Just name the place and dates, and I am so there!

C3 rocked!! :D

18. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Okay being that I missed out on all the fun and excitement of C3 I am so there for C4

19. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    If and when C4 happens I will so be there. I saved just enough money last time for all that I wanted. I did get my autographs stolen from me but perhaps C4 will give me a chance to get them back.

I had a blast there and I wish we knew if there was going to be a C4 I planned the C3 trip two and a half years in advance. Made sure I had plane tickets, admission tickets and a hotel. :) It was great.

[image=http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/4186cb6dz2cae8e77/30d5/__sr_/9928.jpg?phRSUBDBU7YIaRJn]

I am hoping to get a hotel at the embassy this time. That was an awesome hotel. I also hope that it is once again in Indy. That is one great place to be. :)

20. lstevens

Jul 31, 2005
    I am so kicking myself for not being able to get to C3. I only live 2 hours away.:_|

21. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    You can never plan too far in advance for a star wars event. I had plane and room booked over a year in advance. Then of course two weeks before the event Northwest cancelled my flight, man they got an earful!

22. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Bruno, how did you work it out with them? did you manage to get there in time?

23. lstevens

Jul 31, 2005
    How far in advance should you plan ?

24. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    well, im starting to plan now everything from how many days to take off from work to how much money to spend. I figure if i start now ill at least be half way ready.

25. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    That is what I did. I started planning as soon as I heard that C3 was going to happen. Which means I started planning 3 years in advance. I found out the hard way, however, that hotels only book a year in advance lol. So I started saving money, marked my calander (I had to make a calandeer, couldn't find a 2005 in 2002), and prepared for the biggest week in my life. :) It was so cool.

The funny thing is I decided to go to C3 while I was first in line to see Ep2 opening night. :) That is a hobby of mine. I waited in line for 2 days to see EP3. I live in a small town and it is a big deal here. I have been given the name CloneQueen because of my Star wars fedish.

The whole trip including plane ticket, C3 ticket, money to spend on star wars, hotel, ect... cost me around $4,000. That could be because I had to take a flight from Alaska, which, in itself, cost around $800. It is not cheap to leave Alaska.

I suggest that people who plan to go, save and be prepared for anything. I am not one of those people that plan out a day, but when going to C3 I realized if I wanted to see everything I had to have it planned out. (I missed the trooper olympics because i stood in line for 12 hours the first day to get in and get the toys)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.