main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    If its on the west coast, ill proberly buy less stuff. so I don't have to get it damaged on the plane, cause thats way to far to drive for me. I measure it and it like days.

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    No matter where it is I have to drive or leave my armor at home and that is not going to happen. :p

3. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Maybe if im lucky i'll be able to go and have a massive road trip with a few friends. who knows. I know if it is on the west coast and driving alone might take a three days with sleep stops. i was figuring it up a few days ago. but thats from the east coast.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd be there.

5. Jedivampire

Jedivampire Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    So anyone knows for sure where is going to be C4? yep. :confused:

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    If it's west coast, I'll go, but I'll be carpooling with other Jcers in my area to help save gas money.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    The roadtrip is the part I'm looking forward to. ;)

8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    yeah the road trip was so much fun :) DEER

9. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I am still hoping for it to be in Indy or the surrounding area. It would just cost waaaaaaay too much for a family of 5 to fly to the west coast and I couldn't leave any of my family behind. My granddaughter still talks about CIII and how she wants to go to CIV. The road trip was fun for all of us. I am anxiously waiting to find out where it will be.

10. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Well wherever they have it, a bit of perspective is needed. If Indy gets it again, some people out west will feel shorted. Despite Indy trying to portray itself as a central location for such events, it is much easier and cheaper for the eastern half of the country to get there.

In fact, no matter WHERE they have it, it will be too far for someone. If they move it from Indy, that will put it just out of reach for some. Conversely, that same move will be a godsend to someone else and make it possible for them to go.

You just WILL NOT be able to please everyone. While I have my preferences, I'll go as long as it is in the US or Canada. That is my bias. And that is undoubtedly not fair to the fans in the rest of the world.

Doc

11. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    You know, I cam with a few friends from Germany, England and Sweden to Indi this year.
    Indi was nice cause the Hotel and food was not that crazy. If they would put it to Vegas, I think hotel, food and what ever will be crazy more expansive.

12. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So anyone doing any mojor planning yet. due to money issues, i have to start now and start saving away. And depends on where its at i am planning gas routes and all. yes its early, but i am doing it on what i have heard which either san diego, vegas, or indy. The farther west the more i have to plan.

13. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Ok I was bored and really tired so i was thinking major Convoy to C4 if its a go on the west coast. Ill start on the east coast and work my way west and pick up vehicles along the way. It will take some major planning but it come together anybody want to help.

14. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    A couple new things I heard Wed. night...

At a recent convention (Chicago's I believe) Sansweet told friends of mine (they post here sometimes, if they want to name themselves they can) to keep 2007's calendar open...no more specific dates, no places.

GenCon people were in Indy recently, one of the 5 cities in the running (for C4 or GenCon or both...dunno)...in any case, Indiana's own Bloodfin Garrison were invited to crash the dinner (held at The Ram) and impressed the big wigs some. Don't know what the other 4 cities are, sorry.

15. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    awsome news, i would love to have the con back in indy

16. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So they haven't decided on a place yet, or they just don't know when its going to happen or they are goig to do a couple city tour of C4 like wizard con?

17. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Sweet... I hope it's in Indy. Man, this means I gotta start saving up.

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    GenCon again!?! :mad:

Why can't they just get someone who can do the job right?

Well don't just save your money, work on a schedule so you don't wait in line all day to do one thing. :rolleyes:

19. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't know any more than that. I know GenCon is shopping their con around (most likely in the midwest, since they already have a Califorina one), so it's not definite that GenCon is running C4...but if they are, I would speculate that where they end up will be where C4 ends up.

20. SaberClaw

SaberClaw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2004
    Rumor here in Indy is that after C3 Lucas severed his contract with GenCon due to how poorly C3 was handled. It left GenCon with the contract for the convention center, but not Lucas, and that Lucas has the beef w/ GC and not Indy.

21. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I have a beef with GenCon too! I went to C2 and things weren't great, but nowhere near as chaotic as C3. The waiting was ridiculous and don't even get me started on the store!!!! :mad:

Wherever C4 is going to be held, I WILL be there. I live in San Antonio, TX and I roadtripped with 4 other people I met online. They drove from Corpus Christi and picked me up, then we drove straight thru to Indy. Okay, we did stop in Memphis to pay our respects to Elvis (TCB'n baby!). It took us close to 24 hours to make it, but we did and we had a blast!!!

For C4 I will definitely have money to fly, so it doesn't matter where it will be, I will be there to show the love. Look for the 6'4'' big bald black guy with the Han Shot First t-shirt making wookie noises!!!

Giggidy!!!

22. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    LOL, I picked up that shirt a week before I went to C3 and it was quite the hit. Everywhere I went someone made a comment. I was surprised I only saw one other person wearing one, but I'm sure there were a few more. For those of us not into the costuming scene, a shirt like that is a great, subtle statement.

Hopefully we will hear something around the first of the year about a Celebration 4!

Doc

23. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    At a recent convention (Chicago's I believe) Sansweet told friends of mine (they post here sometimes, if they want to name themselves they can) to keep 2007's calendar open...no more specific dates, no places.

Sounds kinda promising!! Thanks for the update, Sebulba! :D

I hope it's in Indy again, and kudos to George for ending things with GenCon! =D=

24. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I remember people complained after c2 and now after c3 about who ran them.When you have 30,000 people in one building its going to be crazy.Theres going to be lines if the u.s. gov. ran it it would still be a mess.My idea is to have it 3 months apart in each section of the states.Indy,Dallas and Las Vegas.Now you get about 10,000 people per convention.It would cost more but look at wizard world tour(comic con),and lucas can afford it.

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Both Dragon Con and Comic Con draw huge numbers of people and do not have half the BS that folks had at C3.

I've heard compliants about other Gen Con run cons. Also alittle better planning would have made the Fire Marshall happy and would have stop him from shutting down parts of the con.

C3 brought in roughly 50,000-60,000 people, so of course there will be some lines, but they were still unprepared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.