main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This-is-my-sock

This-is-my-sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    Good God, I see some of you are still rooting for that backwater burg Indianapolis, what?s the matter with you all, do you have a twisted yearning for bad weather and a taste for swamp water?

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    "Slimy? Mudhole? Their home, that is."

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    At Dallas Comic Con over the weekend Steve Sansweet said C4 would be announced at the end of '05. Dates and a city to be precise.

4. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Perhaps you mean '05?

Doc

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    If it is Indy, no more of this April crap. It should be in May (as that is the 30th anniversary anyways) or June.

Would be kinda neat if they had it at DisneyWorld's MGM Studios, just to have it at the Star Tours :p have it part of Star Wars weekends. It'll never happen, but it would be kinda neat.

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    It needs to be further down the road from 2006......like in 2007 sometime.

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    You do realize that Indianapolis is basically a write off in May? Especially around the Memorial Day Weekend (which would be the proper anniversary timeframe). They have this little car race called the 500 then.

So if it is Indy, it won't be May.

You also have to consider, the previous Celebrations were to build up fan frenzy for an upcoming movie. 2007 naturally works because of the Anniversary anyways, but I wonder what else they might have planned to celebrate to make it worth their effort.

9. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I'd love to go to CIV. As much as I despise Gencon and wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet CIV is something I'd do my best to get to. If it were run by someone who knew what they were up to I'd double my efforts and show up on principal. Location is not a concern for me, Flying from Tasmania I'd have to travel for ages regardless. I just hope the hotels and food won't cut into my spending money.

10. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Hey first off being a native Hoosier born and raised here. I see nothing wrong with Indy as being the site for C4. You will never find people who are more friendly and down to earth as the people here in Indiana but also the all of other surrounding states such as MI,KY,OH,IL,TN.

Now with that being said I've pretty much started planning on attending C4 no matter where or when it's held.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    That's awesome news!! Thanks. :)

Very, very true. The past Celebrations have enjoyed the media spotlight of being the main circus in town. The only thing that has EVER come close to aborbing even 60% of the 500's sunshine was the Pacers Eastern Conference Playoff matchup against the New York Knicks and there were two home games, one on the Saturday before, and the Monday after the Race....and that was still the 2nd story.

12. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I don't see how C4 can't be in Indy in May, you all talk as if Memorial Day weekend takes up most of the month, when it is right at the end. I think that Indy in May would be fine as long as the stuck to the second weekend, that would be 3 weeks later than C3 was and that seems to a lot of difference in the weather.

13. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    What you guys have to understand is that the weather here in May is unpredictable. We have an old saying in the Ohio Valley "If you don't like the weather wait a bit it will change."

14. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I went to college in Blacksburg, VA (Virginia Tech, you might have heard of it :D ) and the saying there is: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll be different." As it was, the weather for C3 wasn't all that bad if we hadn't had to stand in POURING rain.

15. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    The whole month of May is dedicated to the race...there's events every weekend, fans and racing teams and media all descend upon the city May 1st. Hotels are booked years in advance for race weekend itself, but qualifications and official practices start 2 weeks prior. It's a 90 year old international event, the likes of which are hardly comparable to anything. It's the single largest gathering of spectators for a single day sporting event in the world, every year...700 Thousand people all lumped into the track. Anyway, people complained all the time about having to share C2 with the Mini-Marathon...there's just no way C4 will be in May in Indianapolis. You'd have to get a hotel room in Chicago or Cincinnati, becuase everything within a hour or so's drive of Indy is booked.

C4 in May somewhere else, sure...C4 in Indy any other time of year, sure. Not at the same time though.

16. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002

That's great news! :D

17. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    The big weather problem at C3 was rain and in that part of the country rain could be a problem any time of year. April was fine weatherwise. The people from the milder parts of the country just freak out if the weather is below 50 at night and 60 during the day.

Doc

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    "I went to college in Blacksburg, VA (Virginia Tech, you might have heard of it ) and the saying there is: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll be different." As it was, the weather for C3 wasn't all that bad if we hadn't had to stand in POURING rain."

I live just down the road from Blacksburg in Radford and I have to disagree with that statement. The weather here is somewhat stable.

19. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Tornado warnings on friday night,cold snow saturday morning what was that Armaggedoen?I only packed one pair of jeans expecting nice warm spring weather.That pair of jeans saw a lot of action that weekend.The annoncement for c4 may come by the end of this year but I doubt it.Every other year it gets pushed back and pushed back.I expect to know july 2006,tickets on sell in september 2006-shipped march 2007.c4 late April 2007.

20. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3

Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    Monday after CIII it was sunny and 70 degrees. Weather in the midwest in the spring is a crapshoot. The IDIOTS who came up with making people wait outdoors overnight for Lucas should be buried in the concrete footings of the new Indiana Stadium. That was singularly the most rotten treatment of fans I've ever been witness to.

May is out of the question for Indianapolis, because, yes, the Indy 500 is a month-long event in the city. Something about the hundreds of millions of dollars that it brings to the city, I believe, has had something to do with the growth of the spectacle. :) And, rain is always a nuisance/possibility in May, too. We had tornadoes after the 2004 Indy 500--literally a half-dozen miles from the track, while people were still leaving from the race.

Not to beat a dead horse further into it's component atoms, but if the convention organizers put more forethought into the event, there wouldn't be complaints about things like standing out in the weather and unorganized endless lines.

IF any of the event organizers actually read this board, here's an idea. NO MATTER WHERE IT IS HELD, WORK WITH THE LOCALS!!!! All the internet research in the world doesn't supplant the inherent knowledge of a native.

Here's to a successful Celebration IV, regardless of location! *clink* Cheers!

21. This-is-my-sock

Jul 7, 2005
    Here is where CIV will be:

[image=http://www.mauitreehouse.com/images/treehouse-088.jpg]

22. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    It's gonne be on Endor? :D :cool: :p

23. This-is-my-sock

Jul 7, 2005