main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First bit of officialness about C4 in 2007, sorta, maybe, kinda - miniscule update#4 (2/11)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3

Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    I like the nature aspect of it all, but those stairs aren't ADA compliant. You'll have to have an elevator installed.

Celebration IV--30 years and we're in the trees!

Buy tickets now, limited to first 50 fans! Only $3,500 for the weekend!

2. This-is-my-sock

This-is-my-sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    $3500, yes, But the con includes a private chef and a butler to assist you in getting into your costumes for the masquerade.

And for only $1500 dollars more, you can by a ticket to the celebration party, limited to 10 people, where you can pay extra out the nose for your food and beverages

But you?ll receive a baggy containing a plastic straw and a coaster as you walk in the room!

3. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3

Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    a straw... AND a coaster? OH SIGN ME UP NOW!!

LMAO!

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Quoted for Truth and Wisdom

All the research in the world will not prepare you for the reality of up close and in person. I used to run conferences and I hated going in "blind" to a location.

As for the weather, some of us considered it refreshing :p

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Nobody "made" those people wait outdoors overnight, they made that choice themselves. Everyone went into C3 realizing that if they wanted to wait overnight for Lucas, it would be outdoors.

6. olbenkenobi

olbenkenobi Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I met a lot of people at C3 who weathered the wind rain and snow to secure a spot to see George Lucas. I talked to many of them after the Lucas talk. Everyone was quite satisified, and I don't recall anyone who regretted staying out all night. Life is too short, C3 was a blast!

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Half the fun was waiting in the line and the comraderie you develop with the other people who are just as miserable as you are.

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Waiting outside in the freezing rain to get into see GL, and talking to 1,0000's of other fans while doing it just added to the fun.

9. Son_of_the_Suns

Son_of_the_Suns Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    I've gotta agree that waiting in the freezing cold and rain really only added to the experience.

10. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    So any new info? I was hopeing something would come out of Wizard World Dallas. but oh well.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    This was the last update...proably won't hear anything until late December, I'd guess....actually, I'd guess whatever announcement will likely get delayed as that's how things seem to go.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Got a negative confirmation today, while the source is trusted, it's 2nd hand info, and I don't have anything to back it up...C4 will not be in Indianapolis. No 3-peat for the Circle City. Whomever gets it next has big shoes to fill.

This next bit is just rumors, but I'll put them out there. I can't give any creedence to them personally, maybe someone else can. The choice for the city has been narrowed to 2, one of which is Dallas, the other is unknown to the people chatting this rumor up.

Something to chew on in between turkey dinners.

13. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I cant see it being in Dallas it seems like it would be harder to get there.Plus it seems most things would be more expensive.I hope without the excitement of a new movie its worth the trip.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Dallas is a nice place (the one time I was there)...people supporting this rumor point to OfficialPix being located there. I really don't know how much weight to give this...and if you pretend it's decent, is Dallas known because it's the place or because it's the misdirection to the unkown finalist? Just have to sit back and wait for an announcement I guess.

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    :( OK, Indy is sentimental for me cause it is where I met my boyfriend for the first time. But oh well, we'll be spending the whole time indoors!

Thank you for the update! :D

16. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Dallas? Hmmmm, interesting.....

17. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Dallas would be a long haul for most peopel, so I hope this is just a bogus rumor.

18. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Would anyone call Dallas "centrally located"? I thought they wanted it to be somewhere central so most everyone can get to it. I don't know how much tickets would cost from Ottawa Canada to Dallas, but wouldn't be cheap.

I really hope that this is just a rumor, and Indy really is hosting C4 with Offical Pix as the people putting it on.

Better start saving my Imperial credits now!

Elijah - VaderFanForever

19. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Hmmm... Dallas? That isn't too bad I guess about a two days drive with nights rest stop for me. I just want to find out where it is so I can start Major Planning. Im trying to figure up how much im taking now and that all depends on where it is at due to gas and food.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Somehow I don't think I'll be driving from Edmonton to Dallas. :(

I hope it's in Indy or Denver, or maybe even Las Vegas.

21. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Dallas is not the right answer, it's got to be in the midwest, not the south. A lot of people will not be making the trip to Dallas.

22. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario. That would be a 3-4 day drive at the most.

Gas + Food + Gas + Food + Hotel + Food = Lots of money!

Keep it in Indy! And if not maybe Chicago. I have always wanted to go to the Windy City. I just don't think anyone would want to go to Dallas. As I said before, it is not centrally located."

Eli - VaderFanForever

23. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    no matter where it is someone is going to hve a distance to travel where ever you have it. I'm just hoping they have it.

24. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    dallas would be nice, not the same as indy, but i've been before and i wouldn't mind it being there. its not too bad of a drive berx, my parents have done it and we'd get to go though vegas

25. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    People in Arizona/NewMexico/Arksansas/Texas/Louisiana/Oaklahoma could have said the same thing about Indy. No matter where it is held will be farther for some people and closer for others.

The Convention center in plenty big. (Bigger than Indy) It has a Theater that seats 1,700 and an Arena that seats nearly 10,000.

Plus, no moaning about the WEATHER!!!

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.