main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC First bit of "real" news on C4!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Maleficant, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Lookie

There it is, stated on Hyperspace, "We look forward to bringing the same experience to our members with the two Star Wars television series in development, an anticipated Celebration IV event, next-generation Star Wars video games, special theatrical and DVD releases and whatever else the future has in store."

That's all I know 100%.

I hear it should be in April/May 2007. Location is to be announced in the spring of 2006.

Ok so who here is considering going to this shin-dig?

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    hmmmm....I want to go but it depends on if I can afford it and if I can miss classes. looks like I have plenty of time to plan though if I do decide to go!

3. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Depends on a few factors:

1. Not in Indianapolis
    2. Not run by GenCon
    3. Time & Money
    4. Desire

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah GenCon really screwed up. It seemed like all we did was stand in line the whole time. :p

5. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    After CIII and the standing in a single line for 9 hours to buy a talking Vader figure, I swore I'd never go through that again.

Here we are almost a year later, and if CIV was announced I would more than likely go. And since this event wouldn't be for another year, I think my feet will be healed up enough to stand around for a nother 9 hours by then. LOL.

Here's some good news though, I hear that the Indy convention center is already booked for April 2007, so hopefully it'll move somewhere else.

Like ORLANDO! (Wishful thinking)

6. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    In that order? :p

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I heard GenCon might still be involved, but nothing is 100% past what I posted.

I have my Imperial channels open and as soon as I know something, I'll post it here.

8. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I suppose I'll decide when the time comes. Indy wasn't so bad, but man, that was about the worst run con I've ever been too. I can only hope that with no new movies, it wouldn't be so insane. We shall see.....

9. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Blah GenCon needs to stick to gaming conventions....I may complain a lot, but knowing me, I'll end up being there anyway regardless of who's running it and if it's in Indy again...

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    About location, Indy is in the running, but so are a few spots in California and possiblily Chicago. Veags was in the running but just got shut down since LFL feels the city is not "family friendly" enough to host a SW convention. :rolleyes:

My thoughts? If it can't be in Chicago, then I'll gladly go back to Indy since if it is in Cali I will not go. I have to drive my costumes to any con I attend now that I have a completed Snowtrooper costume. I can not see myself driving across country and I'm not flying my armor anywhere either since I know way too many people who either had their armor lost in transit or it got broken enroute to a con. *sigh*

Now about GenCon, and this is completely from the rumormill, I heard everyone in charge of CIII was fired soon after the con was over and new people were put in charge. If C4 is to be in Indy again, GenCon will be running it since their contract with the Indy convention center will still be in active by then.

Now about that slot taken in Indy convention center for late April, no one knows what it is for to be honest at this time, but I know for a fact that GenCon & LFL have been scouting locations for C4 and they have been to all the locations I listed. Last word was that an annoucnement on location and time will be in the spring.

11. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    That's potentially good news. I don't have anything against Indy as a location, but after working for them as one of the C3 volunteers, I was dreading GenCon's involvement with C4. If they cleaned house, MAYBE that means they listened to our complaints about the way they ran things (or DIDN'T run them, to be more accurate). Here's hoping.

12. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I'm planning to go, and drag DH this time. I don't really care where it is, I was just unimpressed with Indy and unimpressed with the people who ran it last time. Since they've been fired then there's hope. I just hope they fix that bottle neck, otherwise known as "The walk of death" and/or "The gauntlet" between the fan hall and the dealer's room. You know, that L shape that took you 20 minutes at best to get through.

Note to self, wear more comfortable shoes next time.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    "drag DH"? :confused:

14. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    I'm guessing Dear Husband?

15. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Richard Cranium? ;)

:p

16. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I'd be very happy with Chicago, it's one of my favorite cities!

Indy wasn't that bad (based on my experience), just a tad boring outside of the convention. It's an easy area to navigate and I was pleased with the layout of the convention center.

No comment on GenCon.

17. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I say we should all boycott C4, unless they let AeroSith play!

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll probably go anyway.

18. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    LOL Sorry, we use DH on another message board. I meand Dear Husband, LOL. Gosh I don't even remember writing DH earlier, LOL.

19. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    We could picket.....

20. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Excellent we'll just have a bunch of ham shot first signs!

21. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I say we just create our own convention within the convention. Can anyone here become famous by next Spring?

22. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    famous ... not sure if I could, but infamous ... maybe! ;)

23. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I'm hoping to attend C4 if the funding on my end is good. Looks like i have a year to save up for it so i just might :) . I'm honestly hoping that it isnt in california.. and at the same time i'm hoping it is.. weird i know..
    I missed C3 and would definatly love to attend C4 :)

24. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    I know what you mean, I've been secretly hoping for San Francisco, but I think I might get murdered by the Armor people for thinking that, LOL. I'm ok with Indy I guess if its going there.

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Working on it as we speak. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.