main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY First Draft of our Banner for the Forums here

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Hi everyone. Sorry I couldn't make today's meeting, I haven't been feeling well since yesterday. Anyway, I know Dana mentioned the banner I had done. I uploaded it so that you can see it. It follows the same design layout as the current TF.N banners in order to maintain some consistency.

Let me know what you guys/gals think.

TestPage

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I like it!

3. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    The curve image has the wrong color background, needs to be transparent, and the image looks low quality (Not the banner, just the image).

The colors on the bottom run together, and aren't a fluid transition. Also the whole thing just looks grainey.

Try saving it with better settings, and no Dither.

I like the banner though! Love the effect with the 516.

EDIT: Assuming you made this in Photoshop, you can send me the file and I can try getting it to save better.

Our forum is going to rock hard!

4. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    Looks great!

5. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Wow, fast responses, lol

Xie - Yes, I agree, when I uploaded the test page for some reason it wouldn't accept the original .jpeg files, so I have to re-save as .gif. Appearantly there was some quality loss in changing the file format.

The backgound (sky, water, land) were done in Vue D'Esprit, the Falcon is a 3d studio max render that I did and just added a "glow" to the engine in Photoshop.

The lighthouse was "extracted" from a real Photo in Photoshop. And the text and everything was layered in PS as well.

Like I said, the original looks better (for instance the black to grey to white transition is smooth and not "stepped" like it is here).

Either way, this was just a "Test run" on the concept more so than anything else. Constructive Criticism = Good :)

Any more feedback?

6. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Well, you can host the site at www.xieish.com (Shameless plug).

No ads, it owns, etc etc.

Uh, besides what I touched on, I love it!

7. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Wow... that is beautiful!

Triss

8. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I think it looks great. It'll make a cool looking top header for a web page too.
    I like the "North and South Shores of the Force" slogan too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.