First DUCKS now DOGS in SW

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by smallpaul, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    We hear so much about theese animals in the movies but never see them. Dogs, Ducks, Bulls, Rats, Mice. All we ever see are Alien creatures. We see humans why not show us some of theese critters instead of just refering to them. Why should Reeks and Rancors get all the glory. I think Obi Wan should have a dog. He seems more like dog person than oh...Rick Olie. He seems more like a cat person to me.
  2. Vermano Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, and they're speaking ENGLISH, too! What's up with that??!! What we need is a movie with characters that don't look remotely human, don't communicate like we do, and don't have any reference to anything that could possibily be from our world. Maybe something like a bunch of amorphous blobs bouncing about with great vigor with strange lights and sounds in the background. Wouldn't that be PERFECT?! Actually, I'll bet the critics would like it...
  3. Cheel83 Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't he say "die, jedi dust"?
  4. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh boy now dust is cannon :)
  5. VladTheImpaler Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget that they also have slugs and worms in the SW universe.

The space slug in ESB.

"worm-ridden filth" in RotJ.

There's probably more. Although walruses and yaks don't count, since they were just goofy names given to the original action figures.
  6. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    Think of the money that would be saved if they put more goats and chickens in the next movie instead of elaborate space creatures. Allthough I don't think a chicken would have created as much suspense in the arena as the Acklay. Maybe a rabid chicken.

Back to dogs, I really like the idea of giving Obi Wan a dog. He needs a companion all those years alone on tatooine waiting for Luke to grow up. Perhaps they could add a cg Lhasa Apso in ANH.
  7. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    Naw...Obi should have a pug a la Frank the Pug in MIB-2. That pug is so cool. :)
  8. Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh Oh Oh

Not just chickens or even rabid chickens...but rabid chickens with freakin lasers on top of their head.

Or maybe laser-guided explosive eggs, yeah...but of course that technology would be obsolete by the OT.
  9. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the official site describes one of the Gran (the three-eyed beings, Ree-Yees was one in Jabba's court) as "goat-faced."

So goats are canon, too!

Hang on...a group of Jedi children on the OS are called the "Bear Clan!"

Bears are canon, too!

Was there ever a halibut reference?
  10. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Maybe something like a bunch of amorphous blobs bouncing about with great vigor with strange lights and sounds in the background. Wouldn't that be PERFECT?! Actually, I'll bet the critics would like it...

Of course they would. It would be artistic. ;)

"Even a duck has to learn how to swim."
    "What's a duck?"
    "Never mind."

Don't forget Jabba's frog-dog, and Salacious Crumb, the Kowakian lizard-monkey. (I think)

But Star Wars definitely needs more cats.
  11. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Horses exist in the German version as well......... :(

Owen sais " now I can`t ride a horse anymore.....until everything is hailed again....... " during the table sequence when he talks about the Tuskens.

That sounds so strange.......
    Remembers me to Planet of the Apes.

But if humans exist too........ohhhh well.

P.S.: Nexu: " MEOWWWWW.... "
  12. Skywalk272 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, seeing as how the Tusken Raiders have um . . . "dogs" of a sort, there are probably countless othe similar animals on other worlds that in the English language or basic would be classified as "dogs" . . . don't you think?
  13. herder-of-nerfs Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are lizards on Dagobah in Episode V. There are a couple of rats in Jabba's palace in Episode VI. There are ducks in Episode I, as well as statues of lions and horses. In Episode II we have the bear clan (although for all we know, "bear" might be their word for some kind of slug-man).

This may be EU, but Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure has horses, goats, weird chicken-lookin things, a mouse, a lizard, among other things.
  14. waheennay Jedi Master

star 4
  15. darthsidious32 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why is everyone still arguing about this "dogs" thing? C-3P0 says, "Die, Jedi! DIE!" He doesn't say dogs. How did anyone hear this? When I saw the movie for the first time, that's what I heard, and I've seen it 6 times altogether and still don't hear "dogs." He didn't say it.
  16. Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. Charlie_Martel Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know how any of you heard another other than "Die Jedi dogs!"... listen to it yourself and tell me he doesn't say dogs [face_plain]
  18. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    Jedi dogs...Hmmmmmm. If my dog was a Jedi he'd probably use the Jedi mind trick on me.

My dog Larry: "ARF, ARF"
    Me: "ARF, ARF"

come to think of it that would be the biggest waist of Force power ever.
  19. Su-Ron_Baal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen AotC about 4 or 5 times and each time I swore 3PO was saying

"die, jedi guards"

dunno..don't care.

why is this being argued? c'mon poeple.
  20. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And those are Massiffs on Tatooine NOT dogs.

Hey Mastiffs are cool dogs! er, um.......

Anyway in SW novel:

Strangley Luke was thinking of a dog he once owned when something wrenchted the ship with the strength of a fallen angel.

See? They have angels and fallen angels, too.

And Cliegg said he can't ride anymore (his speeder bike) not his horse, silly, but it was funny.
  21. zeekveerko Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    here's the way i see it:
    the official language of the star wars galaxy is basic. they only speak english in the movies for our benefit. therefore, words like dog and duck don't necessarily mean the same thing as what we have here, just similar enough to apply for the purpose of the story.
  22. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I've seen AOTC twice in the theater and over a dozen times on a bootleg.

And I just watched the bootleg just two seconds ago at that scene and he says, "DIE, JEDI, DIE."

You guys need to get your hearing checked.
  23. RagnarRocker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It's pretty clearly "Die, Jedi Dogs!"

24. SaberSlinger Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget the horses in TPM ;)

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------
  25. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    the bootleg version may have some problems.

Oh, and in TPM, those were Eopie on tatooine and Kaadu on Naboo...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.