main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA First E.U bookclub Book/series

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Mar 11, 2003.

?

First E.U bookclub Book/series

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Jedi Academy Trilogy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. X-Wing Series

12.5%
  3. Corellian Trilogy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Start from the Beginning of all books

62.5%
  5. Thrawn Trilogy

25.0%
  6. Black Fleet Crisis trilogy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. You fill in the blank (suggestions welcome)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
  2. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I think we should begin at the beggining...it just makes life easier!

3. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    I think we should start with the Thrawn Trilogy since it was the first E.U book written!

4. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Ok just check out the timeline.
    Tails of the Jedi is a contenus comic book that is going to keep relessing. So I am thinking we should just stick with a book to start. Let me feger out the first one in the saga then we can vote on it.

5. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    I just like the Idea of reading books out of order, so we can get a bigger mix of authors in the list!

6. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Unfortunately, I find little enough time as it is to follow my whole Star Wars hobby. Inasmuch, I try to read material that is relevant to the type of character(s) I portray. Concentrating on jedi and the force at this time is unnecessary in my reading imho. I will try to keep abreast of the suggested reading, but can't commit to it fully.

7. Sith_241

May 23, 2001
    So i assume your reading the bounty hunter trilogy?

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'd suggest starting with the Timothy Zahn trilogy. It is generally touted as the best and they were the books that "started it all" back in 1991. If you want to get people hooked on the EU, those are the books to start with. The first EU book written was "Splinters of the Mind's Eye" which was written in 1978 I believe, while worth reading, it shouldn't be the first EU book people read for several reasons: there are many inconsistencies in the book (for example the book has two riders in a Y-Wing... that is impossible, it seats a single occupant), and there is "sexual tension" between Luke and Leia in that book as it was written before anyone knew that Luke and Leia were brother and sister. There are also Han Solo books that were written earlier, but again, read the Zahn books first.. if you do, the EU bug will bite you... it did me. I have read every Star Wars adult novel ever written (except for the Bounty Hunter Trilogy), and several of the children's novels as well.

9. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    I says start from the Beginning, skipping the whole Luke and Leia incest book. The Zahn trilogy is a nice place to start, but I think if you look at the timeline, as said earlier, and read those, we'll gain a much fuller sense of the history to the Star Wars Galaxy. As of now I have read all of the New Jedi Order books, but nothing else.

10. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Exactly my thoughts..... Skip "Splinter" (the book was boring anyway...) but continue at the beggining...

11. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Yeah I think oddy got what i am talking about.
    Not the books in order of wene they were publisht but order of the Timeline.

12. falcon_flyboy

falcon_flyboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2003
    I would say start at the begining of the time line(but skip splinter of the minds eye).

13. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    I agree w/ Flyboy....and it seems Anakina and Odde too.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.