main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Ep 3 public screenings May 16th in London

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Ghostface1701, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    And threatening to smack out the people in the row in front of us all because of some nutty woman with a crappy afro!

I think right now, we'd be well entrenched in Attack of the Clones in all of it's digitally projected goodness! :_|

Just like Dean Martin once sang: Memories Are Made of These. [face_peace]

2. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    :_|:_|Waaaaaaaaaa! I wanna see them all at the cinema again :_|:_|

Hurry up George, in 3D next time, OK?

Happy Anniversary ROTS, at this point we'd usually be only 2 years from the next installment, but that is not to be. :(

[:D]Hiya to everyone I met on the big day!! [:D]

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Damn, makes me kinda sad to think ONE year ago today. absolutely AMAZING day and met some great people. best day of my life :)

STAR WARS: EPISODE III

Mr Lucas Himself

edit

I noticed you were online the last page,jazzatola, so If you read this message, Just to say I cant thank you enough for your effort. thankyou so very much

4. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005

and right now we'd be watching ROTS in all it's glory :)

A MESSAGE FROM GHOSTFACE, he sends his regards to all

Hey Happy Ninja, thanks for remembering about that Nutter, that was a real highlight of ROTJ, swearing and all, somebody just had to say it and it just happened to be me! Also, there was the crazy German Chewie running up the aisles and generally amusing us all.

Certainly was one amazing day and definately in my top ten best days ever.

Did you guys all get your pictures taken with R2D2 and Stormtroopers etc.by AMD and see them posted on the site?!

It must have been 11pm ish when George made his appearance, am I right?

5. Konmeister

Konmeister Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    Just coming up to 11 o clock.
    We were just nearing the end of ROTS.

What a day.

6. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    And cheers to Jazz for getting a lucky group of us passports when all else failed! :)
    It truly was an amazing day that we will never see the like of again. It was the perfect way to pay tribute to the end of a saga that I'm sure had a massive impact on all our lives. If I could have any day as my Groundhog Day it would be May 16, 2005.

That and my wedding day, of course O:)

7. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    hmm 12.15am 17th May 2005, I was on my way home on the last train back to Bournemouth with a warm glow after the events of 16th.

I nearly missed my train as I had had my camera confiscated for taking a photo of the opening crawl and it took time to retrieve it from the management!

A fantastic day was had by all.

8. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    The tickets were no problem guys, glad I could help some of you out!

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Thanks James
    You da man [face_peace]

10. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Does anyone still have the Website shortcut address for the AMD sponsored photo shot on Marathon Day ?

It's a real testament to what an amazing day it was last year, that we are all still talking about it a year later.

11. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    I posted this waaaay back...

http://www.amdtour.com/home_enuk.html & click on gallery

12. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Thanks Fizzbin, I appreciate it, seems like last week that we all saw the last Dgital showing of ROTS at Leicester Square at end of July

13. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dude, that was you?!? You should have said something! The big man was with us the whole time, and we didn't even know about it!

Yeah, that was pretty funny! I was trying not to laugh during the whole "You wanna take it outside" bit -- it was like being in a bar but without the beer/slappers/the need to vomit! Classic! 8-}

I was wondering around London at around "stupid" o'clock trying to find something to eat, and kill some time before the coach headed back to Brum at 3am...The coachstation shut down at midnight, so I had three hours to kill outside, so me and this guy from Liverpool just trapsed around London all night! I was tired beyond belief, had nothing to eat or drink for hours, the battery on my phone was almost dead, and I had ran out of cigerettes, not to mention being in a city that I was unfamiliar with during the hours where I should be in bed...needless to say, I was starting to feel a bit pensive by the time the coach had arrived. I swear, I was uncomfortable when I decided to try and get some kip, but I slept like a log until just before I got into Birmingham when my father rang to see where I was. Good thing I didn't drive home, otherwise, I would have been dead! I got to bed around 7am, and didn't resurface until 5pm! :D

Kass, mate. Do you still have your DVD footage of the day? I'd really love a copy if it were possible!

14. Kabe_the_chadra-fan

Kabe_the_chadra-fan Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Waaa, one year already!! And I missed posting in the forum on the 16th ;-)Just wanted to say hi to all of you, Orn, Happy Ninja, Jazz...still is one of the greatest days of my life I got to spend with you guys! :) Hope to see you again some day on a big London meet, that would be cool! :)

15. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, long time, no see!

Yeah, you gotta come back! :D

Rumblings are that something is coming up in July next year...would be a great oppurtunity for a reunion! [face_dancing]

16. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey HAPPY NINJA,

Yes that was me, I was the person that told the guys who kept getting up and swapping places 5 times per movie to "please hurry up and sit down" which was soon escalated to "shut the **** up and sit down" after that bizarre argument, but it was very funny at the time and everyone around us clapped at the time!

Oh and yes I do have that DVD footage still naturally!

17. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Count me in for that :)

18. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    OK, well just check out and you can see what we all predicted.

A Celebration IV event next year in LA to celebrate Star Wars 30th Birthday :)

19. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    Haha, looking through my photos now (no scanner :(). You guys saw the German Wookiee? We had a long chat with him as he was one of the first ones there too. I've got a pic of him strangling me in front of the X-Wing with my friend looking onwards.

My pic of Rick McCallum is hilarious, he has such a goofy expression. Can't believe I got within 3 metres of Lucas though, w00t.

If anyone has AIM/MSN please add me:

MSN - jamesashleysmith@hotmail.co.uk
    AIM - Jokersaurus

As I wish to get some more memories back, I only today remembered that random radio guy at the beginning who made them turn the volume up WAY TOO LOUD. And it staye dthat way for the entire day, haha.

Anyone here my immature "That's disgusting!" when Anakin said he dreamt about his mother? I loved the laughter in the theatre during AOTC.

20. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Yes, we heard you

21. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    I remember when Darth Maul ignited his second end of the sabre some guy behind me yelled "LET'S GET IT ON!". Cracked me up for some reason.

22. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Yes, that was the reaction we had when Yoda appeared to confront Dooku in Episode II, a guy yeller out "come on" and we all just cracked up

23. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Yeah that was cool. also teh first wtime wesee Obi wan and Qui gon after they take off their hoods!

also, I remember furing teh original trilogy that when we were all cheering out favourtie characters and Jedi was starting, I thought ( I dont care if no one else is gonna, Im gonna cheerfor teh emporor). the emporor came onscreen and I started cheering and clapping, then everyone started booing. It then occured to me " Oh yeah, we are meant to BOO the villains ... :p"

24. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    and when the in-appropriate boos started for TPM, they were drowned by more cheers - good job too

25. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Just read the last few messages of this thread. Brings a lump to my throat. That was one of the greatest days ever. It was my birthday on the 15th and I was on a hen do weekend at centre parks which I had to cut short (and face the hens' wrath) just to get down. So glad I did. Does anyone remember when, in Attack of the Clones, Yoda starts coming round the corner (just before his lightsaber fight) and some guy down at the front jumped up and shouted ' Come ON!' - so funny!

And when Anakin was having dreams about his mum, and everyone laughed. Brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.