main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive First Ever Art by Kit_Kat ~Advice welcomed~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kit_Kat, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit_Kat

Kit_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    i am just posting my fanart here.

j/z

tk

tell me what u thing, please!

2. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I thing it's not bad. Not bad at all. ;)

3. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    I've lurked around this forum for quite a while, but I felt I had to say something now. I love your Jaina - she comes closer to the way I pictured her than anything else I've seen so far.And just a question: is that Jaina during YJK/JJK?

4. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    that's her YJK. and thanks for the complement.

*~*~CandyBar*~*~*

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, Kit_Kat! :)

Your artwork is pretty good - not bad at all. The only piece of criticism I have is with the first one of Jaina. The text is a little hard to read and it almost looks like it's a bad cropping job instead of an area with text. Other than that, nice job! :)

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I think people believe you drew these images, Kit_Kat. You may want to point out they are photo Manips from the two Young Jedi Knight bookcovers, Lightsabers and Return to Ord Mantell.

AG88

7. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    that's what they are, AG88.

8. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    very nice very nice.. best picture of Ms. Solo from those books in my opinion(not bashing the book artist but come ON)

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Nice :)

What program did you use?

10. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    paint on my computer til i get another thing here soon. I have to get a scanner so i can do my hand-drown ones. Plus i am crocheting a Jaina/Zekk blanket.

11. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    advice on programs welcomed. i need some advice @};-

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    It depends on what you are wanting to do with the programs and how much money you are willing to spend.

For photomanips I would say the best program is photoshop. But I heard that can run in the hundreds of dollars. If money is a factor I would recommend Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10. It cost around $80 retail and I think there might still be a $40 rebate offered. So for $40 you get a lot of bang for your buck.

If you are looking for a painting program I would recommend Corel Painter IX. You can try out the program for free for one month--just go to Corel's official site to download. Of course, you will not get the most out of this program unless you have a Wacom tablet. Those will run you from $100-$300 depending on the type and size.

If you are looking to make 3D designs of people or landscapes I would recommend Poser 6 or Bryce 5.5. Poser 6 allows you to design men, women or children digitally and then pose them in any position. This cost around $150, but you can download a watered down version from Daz for free. If you want to see some wonderful Poser 6 renderings go see Giolon05's art thread. Bryce 5.5 can allow you to make 3D images of landscapes or objects. I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $150. Most of my later art work is a combination of Bryce, Corel and Poser.

Before you buy anything you may want to check some student software sites to see if you can get a discount. I found that sites like the Academicsuperstore or Champustech have computer programs and hardware for up to 60% off. All you have to be is a student or teacher to qualify for the discounts. Ebay is also a good place to buy used products.

AG88

13. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    thank u for all the advice, AG88! :D

candybar

14. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This is awesome stuff, Kit_Kat! ;)

C @};- S

15. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    thank u Commander :D

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There's also Gimp for free.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Gimp is a really good substitute for Photoshop; the environment and tools are very, very similar, as are most of the controls. I've used Photoshop for years and of all the other graphics programs I've used, Gimp is the only one I could navigate nearly as quickly as Photoshop.

One warning on Gimp, though, its start-up is a little tricky, and you have to import pictures in a new window before you can work on them. Also, it's very RAM-heavy and I wouldn't recommend it for slower processors.

Dana

18. Kit_Kat

Aug 4, 2005
    thank you, all!

[:D] , @};- , and [face_coffee]

*~*candybar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.