main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First FX Test of ME fighting my clone

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by tory1155, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tory1155

tory1155 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    This is my first FX test of my clone and I fighting with lightsabers. I just finished it and would like some pointers from you veterans on anything i could do better.

here is the link:

http://tory_n.home.comcast.net/fight.wmv

2. VigilWolf

VigilWolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2003
    I liked it, but I noticed that the other clone got a little close, and I would make the lightsabers a little more skinnier. Thats just my opionon. Hope this helps you out.

3. tory1155

tory1155 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    which clone are you refering to.

loose?

4. GeneralSkywalker

GeneralSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2002
  5. VigilWolf

Aug 1, 2003
    The clone with the red saber.

6. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    which clone? i think he's referring to you :p

anyway, i really liked the test. good job, i thought it looked realistic. :D

7. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Nice work. Your masking, etc is mostly good. But, you ran into the hardest thing to get right in many clone shots: Physically acting in the correct positions relative to each other. You're a bit uncomfortably close to yourself, and there is a little overlap. You handled it pretty well with your rotoing, but you know. So, good work, next time focus more on being sure everything will line up properly for you later.

8. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    i reccommend, if you didnt already do this..., to actually find a friend to choreograph with. memorize the entire fight, from both sides, then film without your friend...

hope that helps

9. VigilWolf

Aug 1, 2003
    Thats a good Idea. I'll have to try that.

10. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    same as when they filmed episode1... they actually had an actor on the set for jarjar. even tho he wasnt in the actual shot, the other actors were able to practice to movements with a real actor, memorize them, and then perform them so that the character could be added in CG.

11. tory1155

tory1155 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    thanks guys for all the help. I think I will try another one of those this weekend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.