main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Gen 't-shirts' "I was there"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Is there anyone else who wants a shirt? Amidala sent me the money for 2 more shirts so I thought I'd just ask. I still have an XXL up for grabs and a M that I think Movieboy wants. I'll place the additional order next week. Shouldn't take that long this time since she's already got the print ready.

-GJ

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If there was an "Extra" shirt sent, I'd like to lay claim to it to be put aside for Mark-
    After all, he was the original. If not, I'll have to purchase one down the road closer to the con.

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Movieboy wants to buy the M... but I do have the 2XL.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh.. and they weren't "extra". I was charged the full amount for the shirts. I guess I just ordered 2 more then was needed. Sorry for the confusion.

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hang on to it for me Grumps - it'll have to wait until next week though. Actually, PM me the cost and I'll get that one for a freind and order some more pre C-4.

6. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Mine arrived yesterday and was sitting on my chair when I got to work this morning. Thank you, thank you.

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    My cafe press tote bag arrived today. I can't wait to be toting my CIV stoe purchases around the LA convention center in it!

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    If anyone tie dyes their shirt... I'd love to see a picture. Might do that myself... not sure. I don't even know how to do it.

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Grumpy, I will be doing mine soon. I bought boxes of the Dylon cold water dye, much better colors and brighter than RIT. (I picked Radiant Pink, Mandarine Orange, Turquoise Saga and Ultra Violet. I may use just three or all of them but the technique I use works best with 3 or 4 colors (I also have to look for a shade of yellow that I didn't see the day I bought the ones I have now).

I have a book I bought years ago with Tie-Dyeing techniques that are very different from the traditional rubber band and dye bath technique most of us learned at summer camp. It is called applied dyeing and the way you tie up the article to be dyed and the way you apply the dye changes the result. I just scanned the cover to use as a guide if you (or any one else whose interested) decide to pick it up at your local craft store. I also included pages from the technique I usually use as well. Though they may not be very readable from the images I post. The book has a lot of other looks too.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/tiedyebkcov.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/tiedyemeth1.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/tiedyemeth2.jpg]

If anybody wants any tips on tie dyeing, feel free to PM me

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    That's awesome. Thanks! How do these things fair in the dryer? I don't mind a little fading, but I need to shrink mine a little. Turns out I'm not as fat as I thought.. well not really. This shirt is just HUGE!!!

-GJ

11. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I am interested in seeing the results of the tie dye also! My husband has quite a collection of custom tie dye and I would love to get his 1st Gen shirt done in some earth tones.

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Okay, last chance to order a shirt before I'm done... for good. I'm still holding the XXL for DarthBreezy (for Mark if I recall) and I have a LARGE that someone wanted but never paid for. I'm placing an order or two more XXL's for Amidala. Anyone else?

-GJ

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Correction... that's a MEDIUM I have... the large is spoken for. =)

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    DB, what's going on with this XXL shirt I have? I think you wanted it for Mark...

I feel bad.. I still have Azreal's shirt but he's not gotten in touch with me. He paid for it, but the shipping to Austrailia was A LOT more then we originally thought. I've still got his.

I ordered Amidala's two shirts which she also paid for but haven't heard anything. Come to think of it, the charge never cleared my account so I should probably look into that as well.

-GJ

15. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes I do - I got sidetrack by a hundred other things - hang on to it a little longer....

Can you ship A's shirt via parcel post? It would take weeks but would be infinately cheaper.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Excellent idea... I'll do that this afternoon. He kinda just vanished! =)

No prob with the Mark shirt.. just let me know.

17. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Are you still taking orders for the shirt? I might even have a few folks from my FF that might be interested. They're really terrific! Please let me know. Thanks!

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well, I wasn't, but it looks like I might have to. Apparently Amidala's order never went through so I have to do it again. Let me know as soon as you can if you need more shirts. I'd like to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
    GJ

19. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, I would like to order more, but I can't since I was only 2 1/2 when the movie came out. Apparently you needed to be like 40 or something. HAHAHA! I'm good with orders. I neede two and they fit great. Well, once I loce 10 pounds, mine will fit great.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How much are they? Also, did anybody finish tie-dying theirs? I'd love to see a finished product!!

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

They come to $8.50 each or $10.50 for XXL and XXXL. Shipping is about $4.05 for a single shirt in the US. And if you pay via PayPal, I have to add an additional 2.9% plus 30 cents on the total. PayPal makes their money this way and I take a hit if I don't get that back in some way.

-GJ

So if you tell me how many shirts you want and how you're going to pay, I can get you a total.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Let me post this info on my board saying I need to know by end of day tomorrow. Would that be okay? That way I can let you know by Thursday morning at the latest.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Cool beans!

-GJ

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I have all the stuff I need to do mine, unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet (it is actually a 2 or 3 day proccess to do it properly) but I will for sure be doing them within the next month or so ( [face_worried] ), And I'll be certain to post pics as soon as I do

25. triciavenice

triciavenice Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2006
    Is it too late to buy one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.