main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Impressions of the JC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KnightWriter, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    My first impressions? I was in awe at the amount of forums and posters. I posted only in the movie sections for about four months, then I moved on into other forums and found new friends. I didn't know about this welcome forum until months after registering.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Up we go :).

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    like most, i was overcome by the immensity of these forums. so many people, so much to talk about. three years later, and i've still got more to say.

in my time here i have:
      made tons of friends
      attended many local events through fan force
      met lots star wars fans from all over the world from here at star wars celebration 2

4. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    it was like this.........WOW!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE MOST COOLEST PLACE IN TEH WORLD!!!!!!!11!!!

5. X-Ray

X-Ray Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    My first Imspression? When I found this site & boards out I was in awe to find out there was even such a place..

6. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    First impression?" this is no moon...."
    How can i manage to keep up reading just some of the now postings? i just realised i can´t. Now i am getting familiarized( new word???) to these boards and how to post replys.

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I was just happy to find a place where there were so many other people to talk about the EU with.

8. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Up we go :).

9. SlimyYoda

SlimyYoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    Me too lightsaber_wielder before i discovered JC I only ever had one person to discuss the EU with. But now i've got loadsssssss of lovely people to discuss it with :D

10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving right along :).

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I was in awe! 8-} Mostly speechless, as I had never seen a place like this in all my life! :D Okay maybe I had, yet I was never allowed into it without first being a member.

12. Darth-Floyd

Apr 5, 2003
    Oh, i just realised that i posted here shortly after i signed up... :D it´s seem to be "long ago", but actually it´s just few month ;) much has happened since then, i have become an addict..... to these boards :D

13. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I was obsessed with it and addicted to it more than to SW itself!

14. Jedi_Poltergeist

Jedi_Poltergeist Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 24, 2003
    First Impression of the JC: I stumbled across jc.net a few months after the release of TPM and I was like....hmmm, this place is big. But my head was also big back then and few things ever amazed me. I never went back to the site for a long time until pre-AOTC hype and excitement. I would spend hours in the spoiler forum reading the posts and stuff. Then after AOTC, I stopped going on it for a while, but I never really realized how big this site is until a few days ago when I finally registered to it. It greatly daunted me since my head wasn't a swollen ballon anymore! VAST! Where to go first? Where to read? Where to post? And then I realized the 'Welcome New Users' was actually a board too! I've only posted there since.

[face_shocked]

15. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
  16. E_Layne

E_Layne Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    You´re "upping" alot, Jedi_Washington, Does that amuse you ? How come you just don´t make a post of the subject ;)

My first impression: "This is no moon..." it´s much bigger than that! So far i just post here in WNU and on some of the community boards, but i do follow the movie boards, classic trilogy, Star Wars saga and epi 3 , both no spoilers and spoilers alloved

17. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    GOTCHA Darth_Floyd!

18. Darth-Floyd

Apr 5, 2003
  19. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    comeon! Just cause we caught Floyds sock, doesnt mean you archive the thread! so

[image=http://www.cmt.com/av/trackaday/img/st-up-278x203.gif] :D

20. Scorponok02

Scorponok02 Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2002
    First impression?

This place is crazy :D

Does that still hold true?

Yes :D

21. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I'd second that thought. ;)

22. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I'd been looking around this web site for a couple months and then in July I registered with my friend, Dallas.

This place is TIGHT!, I thought, and I still do.

SNOWTREKKER

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    After decided to check out message boards, thanks to a few other sites, I found that the JC was a good place to be. Though the only lasting impression was that so many didn't like the expanded universe. However, that aside, I've found plenty of good and positive things to look at and have enjoyed immensely. Especially becoming a moderator/manager.

24. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Started off in the Literature forum. One of the first threads I saw had a big debate between Genghis12 and Valiento and Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek about some obscure point of lore that I seem to remember concerned the Marvel comics. My jaw hit the floor. These were people who were bigger Star Wars fans than me. That was a new experiance.

My next impression was of how the majority of the Literature forum was crazy. Darth Ludicrous, the sole moderator at the time, had my deepest sympathy.

And now here I am, with his old job. :p

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I was lurking among the boards for two whole years before I screwed up the courage to post. My impression then-and now is simple. My knowledge of the Star Wars mythology is but a pittance compared to some people, and I have miles to go before I could consider myself their underling.

And I think I'll up this thread. Hey, my first up! Woohoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.