main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Impressions of the JC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KnightWriter, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Isn't that the truth RK_Striker_JK_5? 8-}

I don't even think I've earned that title yet! :(

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up :).

3. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    My first forum that I visited (and ade some newbie mistakes that I woun't bother to share) was the JCC. I really can't recall a first impression, at least distinctly. I thought some of the mods who I now look up to were rather mean. ;) Kinda weird actually.

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I?ve seen you up many a thread recently, Mr. Knightwriter [face_mischief]. What do you have to say in your defence?

My first thought when I saw JC? Big. Enormously big. I stayed in Fan Fiction for a long time until I discovered other forums. Despite visiting places like the YJCC, Amp, etc, I?ve never really migrated from Fan Fiction. When I was a newbie, I respected the mods greatly and even feared troubling them with my little problems. I can guarantee that my views have changed so much in the past two years and a half ;).

Am [face_love]

5. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    My first impression?

"My god, this is HUGE!" :p

Then, I went to my country board and I began to met people. Not too much time ago I decided to forget my problems with written english and go outside, it was fantastic :D.

And now I'm here, and that's the most important ;)

6. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    I usually came here and read people's posts. Then I decided to join. I didn't think it was this huge.

I was also surprised at how many females were here. [face_shocked]

Another post brought to you by SecondBest :cool:

7. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    I'd been coming to The Force.net for years, but I'd never known there were message boards! I honestly don't remember how I found my way here but once I found this place, I was terrified to post (I'm a natural born lurker). I just read and read and read...seems like any and all topics concerning SW had already been discussed anyway :) A while after I'd been here, I finally noticed YJCC...omg! Talk about addicting ;) . Then after that, I found the 'Welcome' boards...the last one! :D I kinda wish I would've found this forum first, you guys need like a huge banner ad or something :p

8. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Hey don't feel bad, I never even knew that The Force.net exsisted! 8-}

9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    My first impression of the JC was:

Oh my God!! This is awesome!!

Then I went to the Europe boards , met people that I really like , and later, I went to a lot of boards that some people told me that are goods.. and was that!! :D

I still thinking that JC is amazing! ;)

10. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving on up.

11. Onasi

Onasi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2003
    i thought about it as a place to express my opinions about SW and get replies from people all over the world :)

12. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Well, I think the first place I explored in depth was the fan fiction. I was really impressed by that section. Then, somewhere around the same time I discovered the Shaving Habits thread in the OT forum, and nearly injured myself laughing. 8-} My overall impression was of a huge, mostly warm and friendly community that didn't take itself too seriously.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I honestly don't remember what I first thought of the JC. It was 4.5 years ago, and thanks to television, I can't remember what happened ten minutes ago.

14. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I thought wow Im never gona leave!

15. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    My first impressions...I liked it since the first day!!!! :D

I started lurking,but it only took me a few days to login...First I started posting in the Spanish board,where I met lots of helpful people,among them Pirry...He soon became my adopter and introduced me to lots of fantastic people... [face_love]

Now I almost live here,especially in the FanFiction boards...And I'm lovin' it!!!

16. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    My first impressions... I joined about six or seven hours ago, having spent the previous 6 or 7 hours reading threads, and I don't think I'm going to get any sleep. Until May 2005. It's HUGE! Also very welcoming - thanks :)

*feels a warm glow of contentment*

Oh, tough not to flame people who think Boba's gonna kill Mace Windu in epIII, but I can do polite

17. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Found the force.net then found the ff northeast and posted there for two weeks till I stumbled on the JC. Havent been pulled off since.

18. ShapelessPriest

ShapelessPriest Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2004
    "I thought some of the mods who I now look up to were rather mean."

Mods are mean. Its one of the requirements for being one.

Shapeless Priest's first immpression of the JC: "Whao, this place is big."

19. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
  20. Darth_H

Darth_H Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
    My first impression was.

'Look at the size of that thing!'

But seriously, it just came across as a really geniune and friendly place. I'd been reading the posts for some time but only actually registered at the begining of the year.

The first impression you get is how warm and friendly everyone is. As soon as you post your introductory thread everyone comes to visit and welcome you which is really cool.

And then I guess you start to explore from then on in. There's so much to check out that even now after a month I still feel that I've bearly scratched the surface and that there's a lot more to this place.

21. JediJoeMadman

JediJoeMadman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    It's vast, a bit intimidating, mildly confusing, and mostly addictive. Lots of fun though.

Hope to make lots of good friends.
    May the Force be with you.

22. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    'Look at the size of that thing!'

[Obi-Wan] That's no message board!

It's a Spam Generator! [/Obi-Wan]

8-}

23. Darth_H

Darth_H Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2004
  24. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    I found the link to the TFN main page from upcomingmovies.com around November of '02. In Feb. 03, I made a username, but never posted with it. I lost the entire site then found it again in June 2003. Then I made an excellent discovery... the 3SA. Thus, war_monger was born. My first impression was mostly "Damn. I thought I was the biggest SW freak around." Then I found the excellence of the rest of the JC, and I've been hooked ever since. :)

*runs off to find a 12-step program to cure me of my JC addiction*

25. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    My first impression of the JC was how it was vast, sprawling, utopia of fellow Star Wars geeks! :DThe place that I have been seeking my entire life!

A place were any question imaginable pertaining to Star Wars could be answered on a whim. I was a little mind-boggling at first considering there is so many different forums. ;)

I found my niche in a few particular threads right away so it was difficult to fit in and start to get to know people.

<[-]> Saber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.