main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Impressions of the JC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by KnightWriter, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Ya, I was all about ep.3 spoilers. I thought it was awsome!

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Up we go :).

3. DarthDolly

DarthDolly Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Ooo, spiffy thread!

My first impressions, hmm . . . not too hard given my sign up date. ;)

Oh my GOSH this place is HUGE! And wow, am I ever a newbie *sees accounts from 99 and 00*. Everyone is actually NICE to newbies though, amazingly enough. :D

This place has way more restrictive rules than most other non-child/teen oriented forums I've visited, though that's understandable given its massive size. It seems very well maintained and active.

4. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    My impression:

How do I do this...?
    How do I do that...?
    Then I see someone that has about 36,000 posts. Wow!

That was basiclly my impression besides, IT'S HUGE!

-Emperor Kilo-

5. HuntressOracle

HuntressOracle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I thought...This is HUGE! I'm gonna get so lost here.

*deer in the headlight look*

6. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
  7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    So what did I think of the JC the first time I was here? It was probably something along the lines of "Woah! This place is huge! I've got to be insane for joining. I'll never fit in" (unoriginal, I know :p )

8. Jedi_Master_Scou

Jedi_Master_Scou Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2005
    Lets see . . . first impression was "hey, a place to talk about Star Wars, cool." This was before really even looking at the site, I had just seen the word forums on theforce.net And considering I'm from Montana, if there was just 6 people here I would have had the time of my life (finding a group of six people in Montana talking about Star Wars is almost impossible, heck just finding a group of six people is almost impossible) :p

Then there was "hey, this place is pretty cool" (after looking at the welcome thread). Then a short time later I found the rest of the board and it was "oh my . . ." [face_hypnotized]

9. Erhithiel

Erhithiel Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    First impression ... that there is alot here to look at and it can be a bit overwhelming. I have a difficult time finding where I have been...lol...

I have prior board experience, but those boards are not so vast and I guess I am just very used to them.

I am pleased to see so many different ages. Actually, I stumbled on to this area...not sure how I missed it, given its right there on top of everything...lol...

The variety of options is very nice. I like the ability to control so much of the personal environment.

I like that there are mods everywhere. That is very important to me. I know some people feel mods get in the way, but not me. I feel better knowing there are people out there, checking things over.

Okay, so thats my initial take on things. :)

10. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I felt lost because this place was so huge and the regulars knew each other, and I thought no one would notice me. Now I'm making friends, and getting a feel for the place.

11. DarthNotsonice

DarthNotsonice Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2005
  12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    My first impression was back in '99 when someone linked me to the Humor Section of tf.n main and I laughed so hard I :eek:

I loved the site but wasn't really comfortable on message boards because I didn't trust people. I first registered back in Feb '03 as jada_marnew but mostly lurked until I got involved with the fan force. Then I discovered the JC and it's been downhill ever since :p

I have made some real life friends on this board and I am glad for it. :)

13. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
  14. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up :).

15. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004

me too:(

~Rogue~

16. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought the internet was fully of dirty child molesters who lived in vans and were named Butch.

I think I was wrong. [face_worried]

17. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002

No... no... you were mostly right.

18. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    :_|

Is that why your colors are pink? You want innocent 13 year olds to find you nice and then you force them into your e-van? :_| :p

19. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    OK, Agent, I'm proof that it can happen. Mature people so sign up here! Then, of course, there's you.... Ahem. Well, mature for your years.

20. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    This is really my first time on somthing like this. i can't help but look in awe at the size of this board. there are so many fun things to do on here. At first, i was very intimidated by it because i thought that it was only a place for mature people to discuss star wars. BUT I WAS WRONG!!!:D. I MEAN THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE WHO HAVE ONLY SEEN ROTS THE MOVIE AND NEVER READ A SINGLE STAR WARS NOVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:. i've only been here less than a week and i am still really excited about everything. i hope my excitment of this board never wears off.:D

21. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Thats cool glad youre enjoying the boards so much,these are the best forums on the net in my opinion and no the excitement never wears off its a stain.:p

22. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Okay, WTH am I here...? :p

23. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    My first impression was surprise at how big this place was.

Because of the Welcome Forum, I made some good friends here that I will never forget. This place also got me to meet a few people in my local FanForce. I've only attended one meeting because of RL, but it is enough for me to know they are in the area when my schedule allows.

Despite the size of the JC, it is actually easy to find the topics you want and help is always around. That is so important to stress to the newbies - if they need help, don't be scared to ask.

24. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    My first impressions were that if I were to make a post anywhere I would be ridiculed and made fun of for making one slight mistake. This was in the 3SA. Fortunately, almost everyone I met was really good... and even those who I didn't like I found I could at least co-exist with.

Then, when I found the JCC... I went through the same process again... and again it turned out well.

25. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    What an inspirational story thank you.;)j/k But yes people here can sometimes be difficult but these forums are the best by far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.