main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First in SW history! No VFX Oscar nomination!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by slimybug, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    All right, well, technically speaking, TESB and ROTJ didn't get nominations either, as there was no VFX award at that time, but theyw ere honored with Special Achievement Awards. The first two prequels, however, were nominated, but did not win. And now, witht he Oscar nominations announced this morning, we have a first in Star Wars history! A Star Wars film not even nominated for Visual Effects!

The nominees are:
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    King Kong
    War of the Worlds

Now, let me set something straight. I have not seen Kong or WotW, but from what I have seen of Kong, it and Narnia both belong here. But what I have seen of War of the Worlds fails to show me how it has anything that paralles teh opening space battle in Episode III.

Heck, it's stupid that there's only three nominees! Most other awards, get five, and it's not like there's not more than five special-effects-laden films this year!

Stupid Oscars!

Slimy!

We're discussing this here

2. OMoT33

OMoT33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Wow, to think that the Academy Awards would shut that down. I kinda figured he had no chance of winning since Lucas severed his ties with them a while ago, but to not even nominate the movie, thats just uncalled for.

Who wants to take bets on War of the Worlds winning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.