main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Knight - (Obi-Wan AOTC AU) COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    TITLE: First Knight - Part One
    BY: Arwyn Whitesun
    SUMMARY: When Obi-Wan is asked to bless the marriage of a groom and his much younger bride, his and Anakin's fates are changed forever. Takes place a couple of years before the events of Attack of the Clones.
    RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: The Great Flanneled One created Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda. The rest belong to me. Definitely not making any money on this fic, but feedback can and will be accepted in lieu of payment. [face_mischief]

-------------

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked over as Dynast K'lia, his white-bearded face stretched in a wide smile, raised his palsied hands to silence the chatter of the wedding guests.

"Thank you all for coming," the Dynast began once the hall had quieted, "to the wedding feast of my daughter Onara to our new ally, Dynast Edress from Kindah Province."

K'lia turned and gestured to where the bride and groom sat at the head of the bridal table. Edress' eyes, which were as sharp as a predatory bird, darted about the room as the guests slapped their tables in applause. His wrinkled lips stretched in a thin smile which, Obi-Wan noted, did not reach his eyes. The skin which peeked out from under his balding scalp glowed under the hall lights. During the long, stress-filled days and nights of negotiations, it had been Edress who had proven the most difficult, refusing to budge an inch on any of the compromises Obi-Wan had offered.

Obi-Wan looked over at Onara. She was still draped in the voluminous scarlet, emerald and gold robes that served as a wedding gown on Ahjane. He had yet to see her face for it was heavily veiled and had been since the wedding ceremony. Obi-Wan wasn't even sure if she had eaten anything of the wedding feast. He glanced at her plate. It looked as if she had eaten something, but not much judging by what remained.

Obi-Wan then looked over at Anakin. From what he had heard, Onara wasn't much older than his seventeen year-old padawan who sat next to him, gleefully stuffing his face with the rich pastries the Ahjane seemed to favor.

"We are also honored," Dynast K'lia went on in a quavering voice, "in having as our guests the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. As all of you know, the Jedi have been most instrumental in bringing about the peace accord between our warring provinces. If not for their tireless efforts, we would not be sitting here today, celebrating in peace the union of our two provinces through the marriage of my only child to Dynast Edress."

Again the hall rang with the sound of hands slapping the table in appreciation. Obi-Wan inclined his head. It had been a long and exhausting round of negotiations but, with this marriage, there was now hope the decades long war between the two major provinces of the planet Ahjane was finally over and the rebuilding of its war-devastated cities and countrysides could begin. Obi-Wan allowed himself a brief moment of self-satisfaction, an indulgence he tried not to partake of too often. Dynast K'lia raised his hands again to silence the room.

"Now, I would ask one last favor of our esteemed guests. As you know, tradition requires that the union of a groom and his virgin bride be blessed on their wedding night. Usually such an honor would fall upon a Dynast or some other high-ranking adult male, but I would like to ask the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to take upon himself the honor of blessing the marriage of my daughter."

K'lia looked over at Obi-Wan, his white, bushy brows raised questioningly, his kindly, wrinkled face tilted. Obi-Wan was startled for a moment, for he had not expected this, but he could sense by the hush in the hall that what was being asked of him was of great importance. He nodded and smiled at K'lia.

"It would be an honor to bless the marriage of your daughter and Dynast Edress," Obi-Wan replied.

K'lia's face broke into a wide smile. The hall again rang with applause. Edress, however, was not smiling. He gave Obi-Wan a quick dark look, then turned away, leaning towards a yellow-eyed, axe-faced man who sat

2. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    OMG!!! It soooo great! *busting up laughing* Keep writting I want to here what's next!

3. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks Heather! Stay tuned. There is more to come! :)

4. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    "Agreed to this you did?"

"Yes, Master Yoda, but that was before I knew---"

"Then go through with it you must."

Obi-Wan stared at the flickering blue hologram of Master Yoda which was being transmitted from Coruscant on Obi-Wan's portable transceiver. He could not believe Yoda was countenancing this barbaric ritual.

"Master, perhaps you did not hear what I said," Obi-Wan said slowly, a muscle in his jaw working. "I am being asked to---"

"Heard you I did," Yoda snapped. "Not that old am I."

"Forgive me, Master," Obi-Wan said. He took a deep breath. "But, surely you can see that I can't possibly go through----"

"Unable to physically? Is that what you are saying?"

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow. "No, of course not."

"Then problem I see not. This blessing ceremony agreed to you did. To back out would be dishonorable. Not worthy of a Jedi."

"Is it worthy of a Jedi to take the virginity of a bride on her wedding night?" Obi-Wan asked, his voice sharper than he had intended.

Yoda's eyes narrowed and Obi-Wan watched as he banged his walking stick on the floor of wherever he was in the Temple.

"In this context? Yes! To the Ahjane a great honor this is. Especially since Jedi are you. Because of your connection to the Force, believe they do that your coupling with the bride on her wedding night will the fertility of the marriage ensure. But, if thorough enough research you had done before the mission, this you would have known."

Obi-Wan lowered his eyes, but inwardly he bristled at Yoda's rebuke. He prided himself on painstakingly researching the cultures and worlds he was going to visit before embarking on a mission, and he had done so with the Ahjane. However, he had concentrated the bulk of his research on their political, economic and military systems. But Yoda was right. Obi-Wan had not researched enough and, as a result, he was now in this predicament.

"Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan raised his eyes.

"Not fair was it to you such a thing to say," Yoda went on in a gentle voice. "That this would happen foresee you could not. But, happen it has and back out you can not."

"Yes, Master."

"Forbidden by the Code you are not you from taking part in this ceremony, since a Knight you now are," Yoda said and Obi-Wan could see the Jedi Master was trying to ease his anxiety.

"I know, Master. But, I still do not wish to go through with it."

"Why?"

Obi-Wan stared at Yoda. The answer should have been obvious. Although attachment and possession were forbidden to the Jedi, they were not a celibate order. However, the years of training and dedication required to become a Jedi usually lessened such desires. Yes, when Obi-wan was younger he had sometimes been distracted by the sight of a slender neck, or the sweet swelling of a bosom under the tunic of a fellow padawan, but he had always stuck to the Code.

Then, his face flooding with heat, he recalled that was not true. And a name, long buried, burst free in his heart. Silia. And a memory of her in his arms blazed forth. The hidden memory exploded inside him like a supernova, unbidden, unwanted, and Obi-Wan felt himself caught in a whirlwind of memory as the sighs and the scents and the touch (oh, yes, the touch!) of that forbidden night swept over him.

Dismayed at how quickly the long-suppressed, decades-old memory was overpowering him, Obi-Wan struggled to ease the hot rush of blood that surged through him. He swallowed heavily, his chest constricting. It was because of what had happened all those years ago that he was afraid to go through with this blessing ceremony. He glanced at Yoda and saw he was peering closely at him.

"Master, I'm sorry, but I can not take such a thing lightly," Obi-Wan said, his voice tight. "Relations between a man and a woman should be more meaningful."

"To the Ahjane very meaningful this blessing ceremony is."

Obi-Wan sighed. "Master---"

"No use is there in going over this anymore, Obi-Wan. Clear your path is. Only following it now remains."

Obi-Wan frowned. Easy enough for Yoda to say. He wa

5. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Oh, Obi-Wan... *sigh* You should have read up on those customs before the mission. ;) But now he has to go through with it. Hehe. This should be veeeery interesting. [face_devil]

And I don't think I've ever seen anything as funny as Obi-Wan and Yoda(!) talking about sex. I loved the way Yoda's nose wrinkled at the thought of human mating. [face_laugh]

Good start, Arwyn_Whitesun! Post more soon.

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks Babybantha! More to come that's for sure. Yes, I enjoyed writing that scene between Yoda and Obi-Wan. I couldn't resist Yoda teasing Obi-Wan either. :)

7. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    "I will not go through with it."

"Onara, please, my child. You must not flout tradition. You---."

"No, Father. I have done all you requested of me, but I will not go through with the blessing ceremony."

Onara stood defiantly, her head uplifted. She was still dressed in her wedding gown, but she had taken off her veils. She glared at her father from where he stood across the room, having decided, she imagined, that this was the safest distance from her.

Onara glanced at the shards of the broken vase on the floor. She frowned. She had not meant to throw it against the wall. It had been childish of her, but it was all so terribly unfair! It was bad enough she had been torn from her studies at the Cloister to marry a man she did not know and who was old enough to be her grandfather. But to have to go through this ridiculous deflowering ritual. And with a Jedi no less! Onara firmed her jaw as she strengthened her resolve. No, she would not do it.

Her father lifted his hands towards her and Onara's heart softened when she show how much they were trembling. He was not ill, just very old and it panged her to know that someday he would be gone. And who would rule their province then? She was his only child, but she would be spending the rest of her life in Kindah province as wife to Dynast Edress and would, therefore, forfeit all rights to inherit. However, if she were to have a child, he or she could inherit her father's province after his death.

_If_ she were to have a child, for that was the problem and well she and her father knew it. Edress was very old, older even than K'lia, so there was a good chance he was incapable of fathering children. He had been married once before, but his wife had died childless. Therefore, Onara's father did not want to take any chances. He truly believed that if she spent her wedding night with someone as powerful as a Jedi Knight, she would have a fruitful marriage with Edress. Onara shook her head. How naive and terribly unmodern her father was.

"Onara," K'lia began, his voice shaking slightly. "Please. Do not make this more difficult than it has to be."

"I'm not the one making it difficult," Onara said. Then she sighed. "Father, please, try to understand," she went on in a gentler voice. "I have done everything you have asked of me. I have married Edress. I have given up my studies at the Cloister, and you know how much my studies meant to me. Now you ask me to give myself for one night to a man I don't even know and will never see again."

"But, Onara, I've told you. Master Kenobi is a fine and honorable man. There is nothing to fear from him."

"I'm not afraid of him," Onara said quickly, but her heart was racing. In truth she was afraid, very afraid, but she did not want her father to know that.

K'lia smiled warmly at her. "I am glad to hear that. You are as brave as your mother was."

"Thank you, Father. But, please, listen to me. The blessing ceremony is nothing more than an archaic ritual. It has no basis in scientific fact. Therefore, there is no reason for me to go through with it."

K'lia's kindly face settled into a heap of puzzled creases. Onara was well aware her father did not put much stock in her modern ideas, but as she moved closer to him, she desperately hoped appealing to logic would sway him from forcing her to go through with the ceremony.

"My research of the ancient records at the Cloister," she went on, her voice throbbing with conviction, "proves that the ceremony only came about because long ago some Dynast decided he wanted to be the first to sleep with young brides. He had his priests concoct this nonsense about the fecundity supposedly invested in a Dynast, or some other high-ranking male, and how that power could be transferred to the bride once he had lain with her. The blessing ceremony is nothing more than an excuse for dirty old men to lie with young virgins!"

"Blasphemy!" a voice cried from behind Onara. She turned quickly and her heart thudded in her chest.

8. babybantha

Jun 1, 2002
    Yikes! Poor Onara, this does seem like a barbaric ritual. Although, if I were her, I certainly wouldn't be complaining about having to sleep with Obi-Wan! ;)

Good post! :)

9. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks Babybantha! Well, Onara hasn't really gotten a good luck at Obi-Wan yet which may explain her not wanting to go through with the ceremony! ;) More to come!

10. Heather_Skywalker

Jul 13, 2002
    I agree with you babybantha. I wouldn't be complaining either.

Keep it up Arwyn! Laughing reading laughing. It's one of the best I read and I've read a lot!

UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!
    :p ;)

11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks Heather! I've got one more part to post for today and I will do it shortly! :)

12. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Onara's grandmother stood in the doorway to Onara's chamber. The Lady Tsara wasn't a tall woman. The top of her head barely reached Onara's shoulder and Onara was not very tall herself, but the elderly woman was a formidable presence. Eyes as black and hard as ebony blazed in her wizened face as she advanced on Onara, her twin daughters trailing in her path.

The faces of Onara's aunts were just as wrinkled and merciless as her grandmother's. All three were dressed in the flowing black and gold ceremonial robes required for their roles as arbiters of the blessing ceremony. Lady Tsara stopped in front of Onara, her thin, wrinkled hands clasped over her stomach. She glared up at her granddaughter then turned her piercing gaze towards her son.

"I have warned you, K'lia. You have terribly spoiled this child. She has gotten away with everything from the day she was born."

Lady Tsara glanced over at the shards of the broken vase on the floor. Her wrinkled lips twisted with disgust as she shook her head. She turned back to her son.

"It's bad enough she's inherited her mother's stubbornness and frivolity," she went on sharply, "but you compound her transgressions by ignoring them. Now, you stand there and say nothing as she blasphemes."

Tsara then looked over at Onara and her eyes, if it were possible, grew even sharper and more reproachful.

"It's not blasphemy, Gran---" Onara began but her grandmother abruptly cut her off.

"Silence, you sinful child! I will hear no more of your sacrilege." She turned and gestured towards Onara's aunts. "We have come to prepare you for the ceremony."

Onara lifted her chin, but even as she tried to gather the strength to defy the woman who had terrified her since she was a child, she knew it was hopeless. No one, not her, not her father, not the other Dynasts, no one alive, or possibly dead, could stand up to the Lady Tsara and hope to prevail. She was as powerful as a winter storm and as relentless as death. Onara anxiously turned to her father for one last appeal, but Lady Tsara waved brusquely at him.

"Get out, K'lia. We have work to do."

K'lia looked helplessly over at Onara, then sighed heavily and, his bent shoulders even more rounded, left her alone with her aunts and grandmother.

"Father, please," Onara cried after him but he was gone.

She looked back at her grandmother. She saw no pity in those jet black eyes.

"Ungrateful, selfish child," Tsara snapped, hurling the words like missiles. "You're just like your mother. All you think of is yourself."

"Stop talking about my mother," Onara cried, naturally defensive of the mother she had never known. "She wasn't like that at all. Father says she was gentle and kind."

Lady Tsara snorted. "He was blinded by his lust for her."

"No. That's not true. She _was_ good."

"And how would you know? She died when you were born. However, despite the fact she had no part in your upbringing, you are exactly like her. Spoiled and selfish."

Onara felt the familiar burning in her chest. Her grandmother was always comparing her to her mother, telling Onara she had been a vain and frivolous woman who had seduced and bewitched her only son. However, her father told Onara she favored her mother, but he always talked about how beautiful and charming and spirited she had been.

Onara did not think herself particularly beautiful or charming, but it pleased her that her father thought she was spirited for in Onara's mind that was exactly how a modern girl should be. Regrettably, her grandmother did not see it that way. She was very old-fashioned and bound to the Ahjane traditions, and in her mind the blessing ceremony was one of the most sacred of those traditions. And with that thought, Onara watched with a heavy heart as her aunts bustled about her chamber, preparing for the ceremony.

"You should be honored," her grandmother said to her. "One of the fabled Jedi Knights will take your virginity and ensure the continuation of your family line. Any Ahjane bride would be grateful for such a privilege. Th

13. Heather_Skywalker

Jul 13, 2002
    What happens What happens!
    I love this story! I have to know what happens next! UP! Post soon!!!!!!!!!
    (Tomorrow can be soon enough ;) )

14. babybantha

Jun 1, 2002
    Great post! :D

Lady Tsara...wow, that woman is as cold as ice. Wonderful job with her characterization. And with Onara's, too. She's very sympathetic.

"He is a man and in the dark they all look and feel the same."

Hehe. [face_laugh] Maybe if Onara were to see Obi-Wan she'd change her mind about backing out. ;)

Post more and soon!

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks, Heather and BabyBantha! I'm so glad you're enjoying the story so far. There is definitely more to come. And thanks for the comments on characterization, BabyBantha. That really means a lot to me. :)

Well, Onara will get to see Obi-Wan soon enough and her reaction will be, shall we say, unexecpted. ;)

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    -------------

"Master, I don't think I've ever seen you look better."

"Anakin," Obi-Wan growled, his eyes flashing a warning.

Anakin only laughed which, Obi-Wan noted with no small degree of irritation, his Padawan had done a lot of the past few hours. When Obi-Wan had reluctantly agreed to at least, ostensibly, go through with the blessing ceremony, Simtro, K'lia's manservant, had gone into hyperdrive, and Obi-Wan and Anakin's quarters in the Dynast's palatial home was soon filled with servants running to and fro as they prepared for the ceremony. Unfortunately, most of those preparations had centered around Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Knight had been bathed in scented water and massaged with exotic oils. The servants had trimmed his hair and beard, manicured his nails and had also tried, until Obi-Wan had finally had enough and shouted at them to leave him the Force alone or he would run them all through with his lightsaber, to kohl his eyes and curl his hair.

The sight of the terrified servants tripping over each other to get away from his master had sent Anakin into a paroxysm of laughter. Collapsing onto the couch, he had laughed so hard his face had turned bright red, tears had streamed from his eyes, and Obi-Wan had been certain he was going to bust a gut.

Which, considering how annoyed he had been with his Padawan, would not have upset Obi-Wan in the least. And, as he had watched Anakin rolling about on the couch, braying like a maddened gundark, Obi-Wan had decided that when next he saw Master Yoda he would suggest that another directive be added to the Code. A Jedi Shall Not Laugh.

Now, Anakin seemed to have recovered enough of his Jedi dignity to at least have the good grace to only chuckle softly as he looked his master over now that the servants were done with him.

"No, really, Master. You look great."

Obi-Wan turned and looked at himself in the large mirror of his bedchamber. He frowned. He had insisted on wearing his Jedi clothes for the ceremony. The servants had, therefore, cleaned them while he had bathed and his boots had also been oiled until they seemed to glow. His lightsaber hung from his belt, for he had also insisted on not being parted from it, but he could see no discernable change in his appearance. He turned back to Anakin.

"Hmmm, if you say so, Anakin. Now, where did Simtro get off to."

"He said he had to check on some final details with Lady Tsara."

Obi-Wan adjusted his tunic. "Lady Tsara? Who is she?"

"Don't know, Master. But Simtro said he'd return shortly."

"Well, I hope he doesn't take too long."

"Can't wait, eh, Master?"

"Anakin, I've told you before I absolutely have no desire to----" but before Obi-Wan could finish, Simtro dashed through the door.

"Master Jedi, we are almost ready," he said breathlessly.

"Good," Obi-Wan said. "The sooner we get this over, the better."

Anakin grinned over at Obi-Wan. "You know, if you like, Master, I'd be more than happy to take your place."

Obi-Wan saw that Simtro was about to protest, so he quickly cut him off.

"He's only kidding, I mean, joking, Simtro."

Obi-Wan turned to Anakin and signaled with his eyes that from now on he was to cease his antics. Anakin rolled his eyes, but nodded to show he would obey. Simtro bowed and gestured for Obi-Wan and Anakin to precede him out the door. The three made their way down a series of long corridors until they came to a large, ornately decorated door. Simtro opened it. The three entered and Anakin gasped.

Obi-Wan shared Anakin's astonishment. The room wasn't very big. Actually, it was quite small, but it was the contents of the room that drew one's attention. There was an unlit fireplace on the left. Next to it stood a bloodwood table upon which was a bottle of wine, two golden cups and a silver platter heaped with fruits, cheese and bread.

Dozens of candles provided the only illumination and bouquets of flowers were scattered about the room, their mingled scents causing Obi-Wan's head to spin. There was a large window to the right through whic

17. Heather_Skywalker

Jul 13, 2002
    Great job! Obi-Wan and Anakin really play off each other nicely. Can't wait for more!

Ha! "I would take your place master" I wonder, is Ani a player? :p

keep it up! ;)

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks Heather! Well, at least somebody is reading this. :)

19. Heather_Skywalker

Jul 13, 2002
    Don't worry, I have a master plan to help with that problem ;)
    Mr. Burns (Simpsons) *Excellent* :p

Meanwhile, keep writing! :)

20. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    *Still getting over laughing*
    Heather you were sooooooooo right!
    Keep it up Arwyn!

Oh! Obi-Wan [face_love] I would be in heaven!

Great plot! Great people! Anakin! Obi-Wan!

Can't wait for more!

21. Heather_Skywalker

Jul 13, 2002
    :D See! :D
    You have such a great story going!

Roxy:you're totally right. I am right :p

[face_love] Heather

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    hey people check out my story at:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7868116&start=7868130

And here's my other story:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7869359&replies=0

Pleaseeeeeeeeee go read them and let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I can't wait for the next installment!!!! It is excellent, I was ROTFL at Obi's scene with Yoda.

Sabe126

24. babybantha

Jun 1, 2002
    Great post, Arwyn! :D

This is definitely becoming one of my favorite stories. It's so funny and Obi-Wan acting all nervous is absolutely adorable! *melt* [face_love] And the banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan is classic; it reminds me a lot of their dialogue from AOTC (when they were getting along ;) ).

And don't worry about how many readers you have. Lots of people just lurk through a story, and sometimes it just takes time for them to find it. This is a great story, so just keeping writing and upping the story, and I'm sure more will come. :)

25. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Wow! Thanks, Heather for finding a reader. Welcome Jedi-Roxy. And hello to you, Sabe! Thanks again, everyone, for reading my little fic. :) And thank you, Babybantha, for soothing my anxious nerves. I was thinking perhaps the story was really bad or something. :( But, I'll do as you say and keep writing and posting. Actually, I should have a little post to put up shortly. Thanks again, everyone! And yes, Obi-Wan is adorable isn't he? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.