Characters First Love, Last Love - a Jaina/Zekk Index and Resource - Spring Update & New Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JainaZekk_Index, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    So I've a discussion topic since I'm looking for a variety of opinions:

Do you think Jaina and Zekk would make good parents together? Why or why not? Which would make a better parent individually, why or why not?

;) I'm interested to see everyone's opinions
  2. DathomiranAuthor Force Ghost

star 3
    So many good stories! :D

Jaina and Zekk would make great parents together. They make a good team on any mission, even if it's parenting. Individually - too hard to choose! :p
  3. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Personally I think Zekk's better suited as a parent than Jaina. At least, if he had to go alone, but I've no doubt that they'd be awesome parents together. I think Jaina would be the dicipline holder and Zekk would be "fun". The one his kids could talk to..

They're really such polar opposites which is why I think they balance so well.
  4. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Uh... [face_blush] I forgot the password to the sock so the update is ready, I just can't do it yet.

We'll have a new challenge up for February - once I can get everything back up and running. It should be a fun one so we can hopefully bring all the writers out of the woodwork!
  5. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    Iwas wondering what happened to this thread!! I hadn't seen it since I've been back!

Can't wait to see the update!

meg
  6. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, I found my login info - but now I'm short on time. I'll see about getting it - and a challenge for February - up this weekend [face_blush]

Thanks for your patience guys!
  7. JainaZekk_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Update!

- 6 New Stories!
    - Several new authors! Yay!

Discussio Topic:

Do you think Jaina and Zekk would make good parents together? Why or why not? Which would make a better parent individually, why or why not?
  8. JainaZekk_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    And, to hopefully get things running again... :

February 2007 Challenge

Mind over Heart

Write a Vignette or short story based on the following quote:

"We distrust our heart too much, and our head not enough." - Joseph Roux

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

- All of your entries should be posted in the February 2007 Challenge Thread thread.

9. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Funny how these whims work. Here's 20 minute flash fic on the current challenge. Don't let the title fool you.

When A Man Loves a Warrior
  10. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* That was really fun! =D=
  11. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    you made me cry, j_o_e *sniff*
  13. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's my February fic. I didn't write it for this, but I think it might fit anyway.

As to the discussion question I never answered, I think Zekk would make a better parent individually, at least with the characters the way they are now in canon. As much as I like Jaina, she's written as pretty immature in a lot of ways. Zekk seems a lot more nuturing, gender stereotypes or no. He's also a lot more grounded.:D I do think they'd be good parents together, though. Besides that scenario being the stuff my 'shipper dreams are made of, they complement each other's skills very well as a team.
  14. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* You have a good point. I agree with you, by the way. About Zekk making a good parent either by hismelf or as a partner. I've always seen him as the responsible type.

speaking of which, My next J/Z is going to be a Benlana too - don't ask just yet; it's twisted and derranged but within board policies. Zekk as a Daddy is fun to play with ;)

15. Jedi_Bubbles Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Jaina and Zekk would be good parents together. They can balance out the other well. Jaina has too quick of a temper while Zekk is more patient. Zekk would probably make the better parent out of the two, mainly because I can see him being understanding and lenient where Jaina would crack the whip. Also, there would be less pressure on his kids to become like their grandparents and other miscellaneous relatives.
  16. JainaZekk_Index Jedi Knight

star 1
    Update!

- 11 New Stories!
    - New Challenge for April!

April 2007 Challenge

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Zekk?s past as a thief of necessity has caught up with him and threatens to tear all he?s worked for asunder. While Zekk attempts to set the record straight and make amends, Jaina works behind the scene to clear his name.

Timeframe is up to the author!

- All of your entries should be posted in the April 2007 Challenge Thread thread.
    />
  17. JediBettyBug18 Jedi Master

star 3
    The parenting discussion hits the spot for me because in my story (WTNK-- it's not on the boards but I can PM the link to you) I have to leave poor Zekk on Ennth with he & Jaina's twins. I have been thinking of him as more gentle and loving but he would need Jaina cause she's a disciplinary. And she would need him cause she would end up hardening the kids to be emotionless (like Jag :p )

love,
    marybeth
  18. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    *laughs* Oh, do PM me the link :D I love Zekk as a daddy stories *grin*
  19. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmm, no interest in the challenge this month thus far - me thinks I may have to try and change that if I can get my Muse to cooperate.
  20. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    bumping this so I can find it for the next update
  21. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Hello JediBettyBug18. I'd like a link on that parenting fic as well. I check your profile breifly, but wasn't sure which one it was. you seem to have the two characters pegged as faras their parenting styles. It is an extrapolation of their personalities.
  22. obsessedwithSW Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey people I just got back from a writing panel at c4 featuring Traviss Alliston and Denning and they had some very interesting things to say about the J/Z ship.
    Someone asked about J/J and Alliston stated he was a shipper of j/J and then Denning piped in and said he was a big Z/J shipper. Denning said he had a very heavy Z/J scene that was in the original version of Dark Nest that the publishers made him cut but apparently from the inuendos Z/J went the whole 10 yards! I am going to see if he has a blog and harrass him to post the missing scene - let me know if you are interested in helping me harrass him for the real thing! Anyway Alliston just fininshed his last book and Denning made the comment that he has the fianl word and the final book - he definitly put out a vibe that there just may be a Z/J yet!
  23. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the C4 report, obsessedwithSW! :D I love Troy Denning. :D
  24. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    I echo both of JoE's sentiments. This is most intriguing. :D I'd love to know what he wrote. Do let us know if you find a way to contact him. He has his own thread in Lit, but he hasn't posted in almost a year; that's the only way I know of right now.
  25. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    While I'm sure said scene would be ... most intriguing, to say the least, I'd imagine his contract would forbid him to post material that wasn't approved by the publishers, since it would basically amount to fanfic. :(
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.