main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters First Love, Last Love - a Jaina/Zekk Index and Resource - Spring Update & New Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JainaZekk_Index, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ah, but if he were to post it as a fanfic, say here in the forum, or even on another more "wordly" forum and drop a note to say the sock - I'm sure the sock would be more than willing to PM the think to those interested.

No harm in a published author writing a fanfic - we've a bunch of em in these forums!

2. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    my thoughts exactly jade max! Besides if he used an alias who would know?

3. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    True, true, but then... we might suspect since he's got a very unique writing style *laughs*

But the idea certainly has merit!

4. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Update!

- 3 New Stories!
    - New Challenge for the Summer!

[color=indigo] [b]Summer 2007 Challenge [/b][/color]

This month, our challenge comes from the lines of a Vignette called [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26462233/p1/?9]Dazed and Confiscated[/link] by [b]Vongchild[/b]

Using the following lines, write a Vignette or Short Story that illustrates the meaning behind them. It can either be the discussion that follows, what happened that she doesn?t remember, or something else ? use your imagination.

[b]?Hey, Jaya,? said Zekk, ?You don?t remember any of last night??

?No,? replied Jaina, giving him a sideways glance as she buckled her boot tight around her calf. ?Why??

?No reason,? replied Zekk, smiling to himself. ?No reason at all.?[/b]

Conditions:

1) You must include a link to the above fic {link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26462233/p1/?9]Dazed and Confiscated[/link] by [b]Vongchild[/b] (Broken link for use) and credit it with the inspiration if you [i]are not[/i] posting your entry in the challenge thread.

2) You must include the above lines somewhere in the Vignette or Short Story

3) Have Fun!

Big Thank You to [b]Vongchild[/b] for letting us use the end lines of her highly entertaining Vignette!

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

- All of your entries should be posted in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26851520/p1/?0]Summer 2007 Challenge Thread[/link] thread.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'll join this challenge. I bet I can do something with it...
    Jaina and Zekk are indeed quite the cute couple!

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs* I've plot bunnies spawning all over for this challenge - Vongchild was gracious enough to give me permission so I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for it!

7. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Hey people I just got back from a writing panel at c4 featuring Traviss Alliston and Denning and they had some very interesting things to say about the J/Z ship.
    Someone asked about J/J and Alliston stated he was a shipper of j/J and then Denning piped in and said he was a big Z/J shipper. Denning said he had a very heavy Z/J scene that was in the original version of Dark Nest that the publishers made him cut but apparently from the inuendos Z/J went the whole 10 yards!

Lousy stupid publishers! But still, apparently, Jaina and Zekk DID go further than we originally thought. HA HA, IN YOUR FACE, YOU J/J SHIPPERS!!!
    Seriously though, Jag's a good guy, but I just think Zekk's better for her. Jag seems to fit with Shawnkyr better anyway. Sorry if I offended you, I just thought I'd let my over-eager fanboy side shine through for just a moment.

I am going to see if he has a blog and harrass him to post the missing scene - let me know if you are interested in helping me harrass him for the real thing!
    Oh, I am interested. I am VERY interested.

Anyway Alliston just fininshed his last book and Denning made the comment that he has the fianl word and the final book - he definitly put out a vibe that there just may be a Z/J yet!
    Oh, very well then. If you will excuse me for just a moment. I need to go outside and set off some fireworks in celebration. Or maybe I'll just order a pizza.

Um, if there are any out there who still support J/J, or who was otherwise offended, I do apologise. I'm just a hardcore Jaina/Zekk shipper.
    Hmm, perhaps a little too hardcore. Sorry.

8. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Welcome, welcome, Furyan_Jedi_13 - it's always wonderful to see a "new face" in the thread! We hope you'll do some reading - and, on top of it, perhaps even some writing while you're around!

Well, the thread isn't for bashing other 'ships, bit this is the place for those of us who're hardcore fans of the J/Z 'ship - so we can't hold it againsst you.

Just don't make 'ship bashing a regular part of your posts :)

9. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Hey guys, I had an idea that I posted on by the "plot bunny" thread, and the "Jag/Kyrn" thread. Hope you don't mind me putting it here. It may not be the best place to put it, but since it has J/Z, I'll do it anyway.

Beyond the Saga (somewhat AU, I guess)
    Post-LOTF, Jagged Fel has restored honour to his family and has either been accepted back into the Chiss, or moved to the Empire, GFFA, or whatever (your choice). He has probably buried the hatchet with Jaina and Zekk (or not, again it's your choice), and met back up with Shawnkyr, to whom he is now happily married. They now have a couple of human/Chiss hybrid children, who are excellent pilots, just like their parents.

Meanwhile, Jaina and Zekk are also happily married with kids of their own. Their eldest son, Ryan Solo, has dark hair and green eyes. He is skilled as both a Jedi and a pilot. Eventually, he meets up with Cherith Nuruodo-Fel, and begins a romance with her. Of course, after discovering the shock of who her parents are, he eventually has to meet them.

So tell me, what do you think?

And if you want to, you may even write a story based on it. In fact, I would encourage you to do so.

10. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Er.. hi! I'm a former lurker who registered and is finally actually posing! I love J/Z, and I've loved this thread ;)

I can't wait to get cracking on some of these challenges!

11. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Hey, nice to see this thread alive and kicking! And that challenge looks awfully enticing . . . . . [face_thinking]

12. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Welcome to the boards, Meshugenah! It's great to see another J/Zer around here. :D If you have any questions about the boards, feel free to PM me. :)

13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm gonna give that October 2006 Ghostie challenge a try!

14. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    You know what I hate? People who are not willing to give Zekk a break! Especially those who think that him being with Jaina is going to lead to the end of the world, and unfortunately those people DO exist.

I just want to know why some people are like that. I have Asperger's Syndrome, so that tends to elevate my obsessive tendancies. As a result, I love the Jaina/Zekk relationship intensely, and the possibility of romance between the two is like a dream for me. I also used to hate Jagged Fel with an unbridled passion for no other reason than my percieving him as an A-hole who took Jaina away from Zekk. Fortunately, those negative perceptions have faded, but I am still saddened by people who claim that Zekk no longer loves Jaina, and that he has no chance with her.

Jaina and Zekk have such a deep and meaningful bond with each other. They are best friends, and they understand each other so well. Why do some people have a problem with them being together?

15. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

A lot of people haven't read the awesomeness that is YJK.

Beyond that, I can't quite figure out why it is that some people are so against it, and against Zekk, in general.

Without reading YJK, a lot of people don't realize a lot of Zekk's skills- like being a good pilot and littler things like that, which seem to be ignored in a lot of other EU novels- and figure someone else, like Jag or Kyp are a better match because they do more. When really, all three of them have their equal skill-factor, etc. etc.
    Hmm...if that little ramble made any sense at all.

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Having concquered DWB and feeling the need to write J/Z in wake of my L/M quasi-failures, I went digging into this threads past challenges. I found the Blue Ghosties challenge from October 2006. Here is my response:

Lost Without You

17. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Has anybody read the Inferno excerpt with Jaina, Zekk and Jag? What do you make of that? Do you think the boys are still competing over Jaina, or just being idiots?

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

Anyone who hasn't read this, it's a pretty wonderful piece ;)

I'm just saying....

19. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Update!

- 4 New Stories!
    - Ongoing Challenge for the Summer!

[b] A Reminder about our Summer Challenge - we're still looking for our first entry![/b]

[color=indigo] [b]Summer 2007 Challenge [/b][/color]

This month, our challenge comes from the lines of a Vignette called [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26462233/p1/?9]Dazed and Confiscated[/link] by [b]Vongchild[/b]

Using the following lines, write a Vignette or Short Story that illustrates the meaning behind them. It can either be the discussion that follows, what happened that she doesn?t remember, or something else ? use your imagination.

[b]?Hey, Jaya,? said Zekk, ?You don?t remember any of last night??

?No,? replied Jaina, giving him a sideways glance as she buckled her boot tight around her calf. ?Why??

?No reason,? replied Zekk, smiling to himself. ?No reason at all.?[/b]

Conditions:

1) You must include a link to the above fic {link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26462233/p1/?9]Dazed and Confiscated[/link] by [b]Vongchild[/b] (Broken link for use) and credit it with the inspiration if you [i]are not[/i] posting your entry in the challenge thread.

2) You must include the above lines somewhere in the Vignette or Short Story

3) Have Fun!

Big Thank You to [b]Vongchild[/b] for letting us use the end lines of her highly entertaining Vignette!

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

- All of your entries should be posted in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26851520/p1/?0]Summer 2007 Challenge Thread[/link] thread.

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I think ZG answered this best.

A lot of people haven't read the YJK series and didn't know the the past history between them. Even the profic authors are willfully ignorant, ignoring the back stories of many characters and simply writing as they want within a story line guideline.

Without reading any of the YJK series, it's impossible to know just how connected Jaina and Zekk are. He's mentioned nowhere else before his first appearance in NJO - and a sad appearance at that. I don't think it's more people have a problem with them being together, it's what people have a problem becoming educated as to why they were together in the first place.

Jag was a "love interest" for Jaina in a hole that Zekk should have filled before profic conveniently wrote him out of the plot. Of course, I personally believe that Jag was simply a rebound point for Jaina - a learning experience if you will - to prepare her for a more in depth relationship with Zekk.

But since I stopped reading profic after Dark Nest, I'm left with my dreams :)

21. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Jade_Max pretty much said exactly what I think on the subject here. Another thing, a lot of people like the banter-filled Han/Leia type of relationship as far as romance goes and aren't good at recognizing or appreciating other kinds. Not that Zekk and Jaina don't banter, of course, but they're similar, personality-wise and experience-wise, in a lot of ways that Kyp and Jaina and Jag and Jaina aren't. Personally, I think that Jag/Jaina attracts some people just because it has more obvious spark, while the relationship between them doesn't have the same depth as Jaina and Zekk's, because it was a trial relationship for both of them in a lot of ways. Jag was just as inexperienced and immature in that relationship as Jaina was, if not more so--after all, how much interaction had he had with humans outside his family before then? And Chiss girls are pretty intimidating. :p Anyway, it was a very "first serious relationship" for both of them, and you know how often those work out. I think that Jaina and Zekk, since they've gone through more together and have that longer history, have a better chance of meshing well, of working out in the end--but some readers aren't interested in that low-key, understated sort of understanding and connection to one another. They'd rather see sparks right and left.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts.

Edit: And that challenge looks great. I'll have to get working on that one. *adds to list* ;)

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *laughs* I know the feeling. I've ideas for it and part of it written but life threw some curve balls.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

23. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    I've just got to ask. Does anyone think that Jaina and Zekk will ever be together? Honestly, what do you think?

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm assuming you mean in profic.

Honestly? It depends on the author. Whomever is writing a certain book either likes Kyp, Jag or Zekk as a better partner for Jaina and it shows in the comments and dialogue in the book.

If we get a J/Z shipper writing the book where Jaina makes a decision, then yes, I do believe we may end up with a J/Z ship eventually. If we don't. Your guess for who she chooses is as good as mine.

25. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Curve balls, indeed! Though I think my attempt it just about where I want it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.