main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters First Love, Last Love - a Jaina/Zekk Index and Resource - Spring Update & New Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JainaZekk_Index, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    In profic? I honestly don't know. I'd like it, of course--what am I talking about, I'd be ecstatic :p--but it really just depends on too many factors for me to say. Honestly, though, I'm expecting for them to go Jaina/Jag. Much to my frustration from a multitude of factors.

To me, that doesn't mean much, though. I've been frustrated with profic for a long time now, and these days the comics (KotOR and Legacy) are the only things I really look forward to with the anticipation I associate with Star Wars. One of the reasons I write fanfic is to play around with profic, explore the "might have beens" and the "what happened in betweens". So, in my mind, Zekk and Jaina could definitely be together. And that's good with me, from where I'm standing. Who needs profic, anyway, when we have great fanfic and a site like TF.N? ;) The things that make me love Star Wars are already there. Now I can explore it myself.

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Alright, I bit - my entry's in the challenge thread :D

I might just have to do another one *grin* it was a lot of fun!

3. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I bet it was! It was a blast to read! Now I just have to think about finishing up mine ;).

4. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    Fellow J/Z shippers gather together, for I have another plot bunny!

This is slightly different from my previous one, but it could also explain the Fel dynasty.

Jaina and Zekk get married and have children. I want you to write a story about their daughter's wedding. The catch is that their future son-in-law's father just so happens to be none other than Jagged Fel!

Somebody PLEASE write this! [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

If it contains a bit of humor, all the better.

5. Meshugenah

Meshugenah Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I think I've read something like that, actually... don't recall where or when, though. Might have to ive it a try, though ;)

Oh! I did post an entry for the June challenge, but I managed to go pretty far off track, methinks. See?

6. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002

*laughs* wish quality mush like that, who cares? :Þ

Though, if you want, you can always do a second one *hint hint*

7. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, I read your story Meshugenah, and I liked it. Nice work. =D=

And I would agree with Jade_Max that you could always write a second one. In fact, why don't you? o_O

Anybody who is writing a story based on my suggestions, please let me know, because I am very eager to read them.

8. Meshugenah

Apr 17, 2007
    With responses like those, I may have to do another one! :D

9. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    sweetness :D [face_peace]

Welcome to the J/Z writing community my friend - where we all love and adore mush, angst and a good read :D

you'll fit right in.

10. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Anybody going to write a story about that idea of mine? The one where J/Z's daughter marries Jag's son? Please PM me if you do, OK?

11. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Update!

- 3 New Stories!
    - New Challenge for the Fall!

[color=indigo] [b]Fall 2007 Challenge [/b][/color]

Write a Vignette or Short Story based around the following quote:

"The only devils in the world are those running in our own hearts. That is where the battle should be fought." - Mahatma Gandhi

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

- All of your entries should be posted in the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/27418204/p1/?0]Fall 2007 Challenge Thread[/link] thread.

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Ouch! A whole month with no action? Where is all the J/Z love?

Granted, I haven't written anything new, but bumped this so that none of you forget about it!

13. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I was just about to bump this! ;) My J/Z muse seems to have abandoned me; maybe I'll try to revive it by hammering out a fic for the challenge. ;)

EDIT:

So Far From Heaven, a quick exercise in Zekk angst, is up in the challenge thread. :)

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Sweetness! I have to go read it and reply... but maybe not tonight, life's busy right now...

15. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    The thread is dead. We need a holiday challenge and good topic of discussion stat!

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I dunno about a discussion topic, but that challenge is coming. And it's not going to be a holiday challenge either - though you can make it that way if you choose.

Edit:

I'll be updating this thread tonight once I'm home from taking my hubbie to work. We need more J/Z to read and write! :D

17. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Winter Update!

- 5 New Stories!
    - New Challenge!

Discussion topic:

How do you see the ever changing relationship of Jaina and Zekk developing through the Legacy series and beyond? How would you like to see it change and what's stopping it from going in the way you would like to see it?

[color=indigo] [b]Winter 2007 Challenge [/b][/color]

Write a Vignette or Short Story around the following:

[i]Jaina has succumbed to the unspeakable and has lost her ability to use the Force ? permanently. (How/When/Where is up to the author) Not enamoring herself to anyone, Jaina pushes everyone away? only Zekk hears of the tragedy and come to offer his support ? and won?t take no for an answer.[/i]

Timeframe ? Any (Pre YJK/YJK/NJO/DN/LotF/AU)

Must include:
    - A trip to the Med bay
    - A joke by Zekk
    - Jaina in hysterical tears

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

18. Meshugenah

Apr 17, 2007
    *bites* I love this challenge!

19. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    I can see some of these turning into epics ;)

Something for MMM that applies to this thread - yay for J/Z! - By Your Side

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    How do you see the ever changing relationship of Jaina and Zekk developing through the Legacy series and beyond? How would you like to see it change and what's stopping it from going in the way you would like to see it?

Legacy seems to be doing exactly what Dark Nest did, which is make Jaina's love life almost the entirety of her character. For someone carrying the weight of the Sword, she actually does little.

And Zekk is always with her.

For me J/Z is inevitable. Jag has never clicked with me. I just wish Del Rey or whoever would make a decision so we can get on with other aspects of her character. the publishers seem be holding it up solely to create a tension (subplot) for Jaina.

Get these two together already!

21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
  22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Indeed Poor Jaina! I love it - you nailed them perfectly!

23. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
  24. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    NOTE:Fury spoilers included:

Legacy seems to be doing exactly what Dark Nest did, which is make Jaina's love life almost the entirety of her character. For someone carrying the weight of the Sword, she actually does little.

Yeah, that does kind of suck.

And Zekk is always with her.

And I've always admired that about him. But for some reason, people are always criticizing him for it. Now, is it my imagination, or did people raise their standards for devotion and affection? Because, I believe that Zekk has proved himself to be good, loving and loyal.

For me J/Z is inevitable. Jag has never clicked with me. I just wish Del Rey or whoever would make a decision so we can get on with other aspects of her character. the publishers seem be holding it up solely to create a tension (subplot) for Jaina.

Well, brodiew, I'm glad you feel that way. Personally, I wish that it was inevitable, but we also have some other people (mostly J/J fans) who believe that Jaina getting back together with Jag and founding the Fel dynasty is inevitable. Near as I can tell, there is still no proof, but they still treat it that way. So basically, we have two sides who are convinced that they are right, but have no control over the ultimate outcome. But in Fury, Jaina and Jag have a discussion, and he asks if he is her friend, and she assures him that he is. It seems that's all they are for now, but some people still claim this is a hint that they will get back together. Basically, you can't convince everyone, so there's no point in trying.

Get these two together already!

Yeah, I'd love to see that too. Who knows, Troy might put them together in Invincible. In which case, the other fans will probably have one of the following responses:
    -Oh damn! It looks like we were wrong about Jaina being involved in the Fel dynasty after all.
    or
    -It's a red herring! Zekk will still die and Jaina will go back to Jag eventually.

Still, wouldn't it be nice if the underdog won just this once?

25. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Oh, and not that I intend to start up another battle of the eternal shipping war (sorry, but I couldn't resist saying that :p), but I just took a peek over at the J/J discussion thread, and man those guys just don't give up!

But then neither did the Harry/Hermione shippers.

Nah, it's true! Even up to the release of Deathly Hallows, hardcore Harmonians (as they called themselves) claimed that they found evidence that Harry would end up with Hermione, as opposed to Ginny Weasley. I'm not sure if I should call this dedication or full-blown fanaticism.

Check this out! It was written in a San Francisco newspaper back in 2005, just after Half-Blood Prince came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.