main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends First Love, Last Love - Spring 2008 Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaZekk_Index, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaZekk_Index

JainaZekk_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    Welcome to the offical thread for the April 2007 Challenge stories for the First Love, Last Love - Jaina/Zekk Index.

If you would like to participate, please simply link your story back to this thread - they will all be compiled in the section of our Index for challenge fics for easy finding.

Lastly, there are no deadline for these stories and we only have a few rules:

1) Please keep the submissions to either vignettes or short stories for easy reading. No epics please.
    2) The story must be a Jaina/Zekk story of some kind. Friendship or romance.
    3) The story should include all of the elements of the challenge.
    4) Have fun!

These challenges have been submitted by authors, or devised by the First Love, Last Love team to provide you with entertainment and enjoyment for writers and readers a like.

Enjoy!

[color=indigo] [b]Spring 2008 Challenge [/b][/color]

Write a Vignette or Short Story around the following:

[i]A present gone wrong. [/i]

Timeframe ? Any (PreYJK/YJK/NJO/DN/LotF)

Must include:
    - Humor
    - A misinterpretation
    - A shared laugh
    - A happy ending

May the Force be with you and Good luck!

2. jedi_imp

jedi_imp Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2008
    Heres my humble attempt....I'mnot much for humor but the plot bunny wanted to throttle me
    Title: But I cant resist emerald eyes
    Author: Jedi_Imp
    Genre: Challenge, humor
    Timeframe: post-LotF
    Summary: Spring Challenge, a puuurfect gift gone...wrong. Zekk decides Jaya needs a pet.......with interesting results.

Jacen was the animal person. I knew that. But Jaina needed something alive that would be with her, comfort her. She was lonely. And she would not let me be there for her. Not that I was positive my heart could handle it. Not that that had ever ever stopped me before. I was in the pet shop.....yes the pet shop.

"May I help you?"asked the shopkeeper-a kindly looking older woman.
    I cleared my throat "I am looking for a pet" well that was obvious "for a girl-a woman"
    The womans eyes sparkled and her face crinkled with laughter "Ahhh...I have the perfect thing. A Cat!"
    A Cat? I thought, bewildered.
    The woman was picking a blackish cat up and sticking it in a box. Then before I could stop her she did it up with a red bow and looked up "A red bow for love. Your young lady, what is her name?"
    I was staring, she was moving so fast but I was able to answer "Jaina"I said "but she's not mine-I mean" She cut me off with a tsk-tsk and a knowing smile
    Before I knew it, I was heading out of the store with the cat in a box, and straight into someone. Next thing I knew I was in a fountain.....and so was my now angry gift.
    "Zekk!" Her voice. The force was NOT with me today. I looked up into laughing brandy brown eyes "You're upsetting the glowfish. Come on, we'll goto my place and you can dry off"
    Glowfish? By now the fountain was bright yellow, and I took the hand she offered and picking up my hissing wet box followed her...Like I always did amd always would.
    Jaina POV
    Zekk was here. I was in some type of shock. He was here, in Coruscant. We barely spoke anymore. I had made my peace with my brothers death at my own hand, said my goodbyes to Jag after the sith problem and the imperial remnant were dealt with..for now. Zekk had moved on. Not that I blamed him, it wasnt his fault I had realized, too late, that I could only be truly happy with him. I was the Sword of the Jedi, so it was just as well.
    I opened the door to my apartment and got some towels. I had shoved him into the fountain at Dhalbreth, when he ran into me. I paused and let the memory rush over me, a memory that seemed lifetimes ago. In a way it was. The brown haired girl that was swiming in the fountain with the boy, playful happy. That girl had stopped being me ages ago.
    I took the towels and handed them to him.It was then that I realized he had sat a box on my table...and it was hissing.
    I walked over to it-"Zekk whats this?"I asked-and then I saw the red nametag with my name on it. Any worry that it was dangerous dissappeared-Zekk would never give me something to hurt me. Odd, but that was one of the few things I was sure of. Before he could answer I opened the box, gasping in shock at the shivering wet ball of off black fur.
    "Jay-"he started "Umm I got you a..cat"he wasnt even looking at me.
    "Zekk why would you think I needed a cat?"
    He didnt answer me, but at the moment the off black fur ball looked up at me with charcoal rimmed emeral eyes-and I knew I'd keep the cat.
    I began to dry it off "He have a name?"I asked Zekk trying not to laugh and cry. One time he had been my best friend and I would have not guarded or masked my emotions. But that was the Jaina that had swam with himin the fountain full of glowfish at midnight.
    Zekk's reply was nervous, he was just as uncomfortable as I was, probably more so. "No, I think you're supposed to name him" he asked as the cat jumped from my arms onto my table.
    "Hey what are you doing?" I asked the cat and it turned back to watch me with the eyes that looked way to much like Zekk's and then the cat turned back and began to, with impunity, eat the bouquet my mother had given me the day before.
    Another memory, right before the first dark time in our reationship hit me and I started to laugh, lau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.