main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Meeting Info

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by SpectreLeader, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpectreLeader

SpectreLeader Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    OK guys this is the home stretch. Poll voting will last until the beginning of next week. At that time, i will post up the official meeting notification at fanforce.net. The meeting is going to be held on Saturday, July 20th. Probably at 12:00 noon. As for the location, so far Tropical Park looks like its going to be it. Feel free to reply or e-mail me with your comments or questions.

2. severina

severina Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    i guess i'll miss my lan party being that it's the first meeting. next time we'll coordinate better though before someone choosing a meeting date. ;)

3. SpectreLeader

Jun 30, 2002
    Sorry about that LAN party, severina :) Thanx for making that extra effort to make this first meeting, guys. I know that sinlock is going to go out of his way too to make it. Just remember that its only for this first time, ok? A steady time, day, etc. will be one of the foremost topics of discussion.

Lex

4. DarthTeufel

DarthTeufel Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    Are you guys going to be doing role-playing. Cause that's not really my bag of tea. I already push the borders of severe nerdom and RP'ing just pushes it over edge. In fact my non-nerd side once tried to beat-up the other half, remniscent of Ed Norton in Fight Club. Very messy. So if it's just a bunch of SW geeks talking SW, playing trivia or better yet just hanging out and having a good time. Count me in. Otherwise I'd have to beat myself up again, and well that just isn't going to happen.

5. Sinlock_Shad-dow

Sinlock_Shad-dow Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001

"Thing are proceeding exactly as I have forseen"
    (Insert evil cackle HERE)

6. SpectreLeader

Jun 30, 2002
    Not to worry, DarthTeufel. Theres not going to be any roleplaying. Especially in the first meeting. Basically were going to set up future meetings, talk about and plan upcoming events, etc. If you guys would like, i can post up an itinerary.

7. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Darth Teufel: Nice to see you on the boards again and I enjoyed hanging out with you at Vulkon. Ok, no disrespect intended, but I believe publicly admitting/displaying your schizzophrenia let's the proverbial "NERD CAT" out of the bag anyway! :) Give yourself over to the nerd side! :) :) You'll never feel "complete" as a fan until you immerse yourself into a character. Yes, the Fandomenace has a roleplay base for the sake of group continuity, but roleplay is only a small part of what we do. (I'm sorry guys. This is not an ad for our group, just a disclaimer) To put it another way...None of us are wearing our Jedi robes to work! :)

-Axe Tredway

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! Don't forget to send me meeting information as soon as you have it so that I can post a meeting announcement on the FanForce website. It must be announced for it to count toward your official meeting total.

If y'all need anything, please let me know. :)

9. ChDetPiavra

ChDetPiavra Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    Darth Teufel: (As in, That steak was great! For dessert, I'll have the Darth Teufel.)

I have some bad news for you. You are on a STAR WARS fan website. Guess what? You are a nerd. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Bear in mind that nerdiness is a virtue. The alternative is normalcy, and who needs that? I concur with Axton Treadway. Give yourself over to the Nerd side. You are already there. I hope you do not take offense with anything I have written. This is all in good fun. If you have taken offense, try WWF as a hobby. You will probably be well received.

ChDet Piavra.
    The Fandomenace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.