main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary First Meeting of the Charm City Fanforce!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Motterman, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Derth, sweetheart, these are men. They outnumber us in this group. You can have your pick. Let them fight over you. They are Star Wars Geeks, they have no life, their standards are low. Just start talking Star Wars and you can look like a pregnant Borga the Hutt and they will worship you like a goddess. ;)

I dunno, from reading these posts sometimes I think this is the Fan Force for the movie, "Diner".

2. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Hey! That's a bit unfair Isbeth. At least one of us is happily married, and I've been in a fair amount of relationships, albeit unsuccessful ones ("I need space" my @$$ :mad: [face_plain] :( :_| ).

I can't speak for the others, but just because we're star wars geeks with ummm... minimal social lives doesn't mean we're going to just bow down before the first woman to show even the slightest interest in us or SW.

I am highly offended! :mad:

(I can still watch you try on stuff at VS though, right? j/k ;) )

[face_plain]

8-}

3. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001

All you flyboys ever think about is sex.

4. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Hi all. First post for me. I've been on Force.net everyday since the first whisper of the Episode II trailers. The baltimore announcement caught my eye considering White Marsh is my hometown.

I'm just curious...what is the average age of those attending this meeting??

thanks

5. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm pretty sure the average age is ~20 or so.

6. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Well, I'm 114, but I'm fairly certain that everyone else is in their 20's. So, it's not likely to be a microcosm of the N'Sync Generation.

Thankfully. :D

Oh, and what if you want to wear something else besides a Star Wars T-shirt? How can you provide proof of fanship?

7. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I would also like to know the penalty for being out of fan attire. I love Star Wars and everything, but this is my hometown, meaning that I'm going to run into people there. Of course everyone knows that I'm a star wars freak...but none the less...what if we don't wear the star wars t-shirt? Action Figures instead??

8. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Depends on the weather for me. Either a shirt or maybe a SW tie...hmmmm...

Isbeth, men may only think about sex all the time, but....well...but...ummm...So, how about those Ravens? :D

9. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    You can attend the meeting in almost any attire you want. *attire is optional?* [face_devil]

Actually, the Star Wars t-shirts idea was only encouraged so that it would be easier to identify other members at the meeting place. Especially since it's the first meeting and we wouldn't recognize each other, etc.

10. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey Motterman! I hope you don't give the idea that you have to be a certain age to join. There is strength in numbers!
    I think it would be kinda cool to have some family groups with parents who turned their kids onto Star Wars. We can always splinter later on. IMO: I'd rather some teen fan shows up at Fan Force and gets involved than goes out and steals someone's car!

I hope we'll be inclusive rather than discrimitory!

11. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Age restrictions for a Star Wars FanForce group?

After Ewoks and Jar-Jar?

I think not. Although, minors attending specific functions might need a guardian's permission, etc. for certain things... but I can't really think of something we'd get together to do that you would need that either. Maybe road trips or something like that, I guess.

I wouldn't mind hanging with any Star Wars fan though - whether they're 4 or 114!

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    When we have minors (any one under 18) come to our meetings we ask that a parent or guardian come alongfor atleast the first meeting or two. That way parents/guardians know that they don't have anything to worry about. I've even had parents call me before hand just to see if fanforce was on the up and up.

13. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I would like to come to the meeting as well. I'm 30yrs old and married so I assume that my wife will be my guardian since whenever I go to the mall I'm like the guy in the Best buy commercial. (if you haven't seen the commercial, it is where a guy and girl are going in to Best Buy and the girl says to the guy: "Okay we're just getting what we came here for and that's it." The guy replies: "Okay." And then as soon as the guy enters the store and sees all the glorious electronic goodies calling out to him, he flat-out runs through the store with arms flailing. Or something to that effect). That's me when it comes to electronics or tools or cars or anything else manly! :::grunting like an ape:::

Seriously though I will try to make it for sure. It would be nice to put a face to the netizens of TF.N.

14. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey folks! Bad news...I can't make the first meeting. :( Something has come up that I can't get out of, then the wife wants to celebrate our 3 month anniversary downtown. Keep me in the loop, though! I will make the next meeting! A horde of Sith couldn't stop me!!!!!

15. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Oh come on! You can blow off the Pro Bowl, can't ya? :p

16. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, they need their starting QB, you know :p

17. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Oh, you must be the starting armchair quarterback.

18. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    I'd give him the nod over Grbac though...

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd give a baby the nod over Grbac.

20. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd give my cat a not over Grbac. Starting Armchair Quarterback? [face_laugh]

You should see my third quarter, 12th beer armachair quarterback commercial scramble [face_mischief]

Edited for spelling excellence :D

21. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    WOW! You all have such Comradery (sp?)! I wish there was a group like this near Ocean City. Just goes to show that Star Wars DOES bring people together.

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    How'd things go?

23. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    The first Baltimore FanForce meeting was sponsored by the letters T, H, and X; the number 1-1-3-8, and the phrase "sex change"

24. Eva_Pilot04

Nov 15, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yeah, and we had an interesting side-trip. ;)

25. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey guys, sorry about not getting to the meeting. I was called in to work on Sat. Please let me know how things went. I was wondering if we could probably do the next meeting at the Muvico at the Arundel Mills Mall. I can see about renting out one of the conference rooms there and maybe catch a movie afterwards. Let me know if this sounds like a plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.