First meeting of the Wisconsin Fanforce

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by marajoan, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    We are posting info on the first official meeting of the Wisconsin Fanforce. There enough people interested to work on making it official.

When: Saturday, April 13, 2002
    Where: The Milwaukee Art Museum
    700 N. Art Museum Drive
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
    We will be gathering in Windover Hall
    (the main lobby when you enter)

MaulerII, LeiaYT1300 and que4zone are
    all helping plan.

We want this to get moving so think about coming and being part of what looks to be a really great forum This not limited to the Milwaukee area and all Wisconsin area force users are welcome. We want this to be a state fanforce. Feel welcome to ask questions and offer suggestions. Let's work together to make it really great. We are the original cheeseheads after all.

2. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ummm... you neglected to mention the time...
  3. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Isn't it at 1:00pm??...

Are we planning on going in to look at some of the art, too???
  4. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, the time is 1pm. I remember typing that but I don't know what happened.
    When: Saturday, April 13, 2002 at 1pm
    Where: Milwaukee Art Museum in Windover Hall

Sorry about that. I did give the time to Bobafemme and she will post it early next week so as to get it more exposure the last two weeks.
  5. Bujo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a thought here:

Would we want to consider extending an invite to the Chicago FanForce? Thus far, a member caught my thread about looking for a close place to stay for Celeb II and was quite helpful. They may even have an idea about how to expand our "forces" or suggestions on how to have everything run smoothly.

If we want to keep this Wisco-only, that is fine too. Obviously, we need to get our feet wet with running these events and the only way may be to have a little trial-and-error . . .

Can't wait. Will be nice to meet you all.
  6. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope I don't scare anyone anyway, but all of us planning to be in the WI-Fanforce should start thinking about electing a City Rep. I know, I know.. We should wait until the meeting, but I thought I would just plant it in the back of your minds for now.

Also, maybe start thinking about goals that we may want to reach. Thinking about it now will just keep us on our toes, so we spend most of our time having fun (instead of, wondering what to do). One thing that came to mind, was the GENCON coming up in August. Do we want to get involved with that?? And I think the ChicagoForce does charity events occasionally; is that something we want to do??

Just some thoughts.. I don't want to come off being too serious.. mmmkay.. If anything, we should run around squirting Ketchup on non-SWFans.. hehe.. Just Kidding..
  7. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    Some other ideas:

Get together to comment on and see the previous 4 movies.

Perhaps someone could bring SW Trivial Pursuit on the 13th - I don't own in but I'm sure one of you do!

que4zone - I think you have some great ideas and we should discuss them at the meeting. As far as a city rep goes, I think whoever we decide on should be required to wear transparent-ish black robes and have a nice "kackle" of a laugh. Anyone who addresses him/her should be required to use the standard "What is thy bidding my master" greeting. :)

Bujo - As far as Chicago FF goes, I say more is better. Anyone interested in the SW universe is welcome as far as I am concerned
  8. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone who has contact with the ChicagoFanforce people can extend an invitation. The more the merrier. Does the CR have to live in Milwaukee or just be active on the Milwaukee Board? Maybe Sebulba or Bobafemme can answer that. We have to go somewhere for maximum ketchup exposure if we want to protect from those that deny the power of the cheese force.
  9. que4zone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I totally agree with Bujo about the City Rep requirements.. hehe... .. . Or not.. It would be fun though.
  10. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If anyone wants to show from Chicago, that's cool with me. They might even be able to provide us with tips on how to get this fanforce started here.

As for the art museum, I think you should get your money's worth and see the art. You're paying $6 to get in anyway. It doesn't take long to get through the whole place, really. Maybe about an hour. And if you've been to the museum in the past, they really haven't changed the upstairs much, so you can skip most of that. But with all the other changes, it deserves a look-see.

Maybe after an hour at the museum we can caravan to a restaurant, sit, eat and pow-wow. You know, learn about each other, and discuss the fanforce club, decide where to meet at the Celebration, for those who are going, and other such. After that, we can take it from there. :)
  11. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds like a plan. We can talk about it that day. I have Trivial Pursuit but where could you play it?
  12. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Morning!

We can't play Trivial Pursuit in the museum--I think that's loitering or something. Either way, I wouldn't do it--security won't appreciate it.

But maybe at a restaurant, later on. We'll all be sitting around a table anyway.

Ugh... It's too early in the morning for work...
  13. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow...things are finally cooking here! I go away for a month or two and look what happens!!

I'd love to come, but I work from 1 to 5 on Saturdays...if I can get off of work, I'll be there!
  14. Bujo Jedi Knight

star 1
    First I was counting the days for AOTC to open. Then, my countdown began for Celeb II. Now, I'm getting myself psyched for April 13! What's next??

I can't wait to see all y'all there.
  15. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    If the weather is nice we could play Trivial Pursuit outside at the lakefront.

Stop it.

I mean it - stop it!

Stop laughing! It COULD be nice!
  16. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Trivial Persuit at the lakefront?

Now I'm so there.

Someone bring a can of Off for the mosquitos (they're here! I just got bit today!) and something to mask the smell of the dead fish and we'll be peachy!
  17. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Trivial Pursuit can be done. I will bring it. As long as it is not snowing or wet, it can be done. I am also counting the days until the 13th. It is making the long wait to Celebration bearable.
  18. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey everybody!! Looking forward to meeting you all, I think I mightbe able to rope in one more from Wis. I just met her and we are meeting on Mon. See ya all on the 13th.
    restaurant after muesum, great idea!! Maybe we could find a Denny's or someplace like that, big tables and they don't care how long you stay usually.
  19. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Or we could hit the food court at Grand Avenue. That way everyone could eat what they want and everyone is happy. Our meeting should be posted Monday or Tuesday as promised by Bobafemme. Look for it.

20. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    HI ALL! I don't think I'm going to be able to make the meeting. :_| We're having a little sibling weekend up here and my sister decided, last minute of course, that she's coming. I hate to miss the meeting, but I haven't seen my little sis since Thanksgiving and she's really excited about it. I'm really bummed. :( I have the luck of Han sometimes. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I have yet to decide. I'll try my hardest to make the next one. Have a good time! ~~Megan~~
  21. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bummer solo,
    We will miss you but we will make a toast to absent friends and probably embarrass ourselves on your behalf. Regardless, you will not be forgotten.

22. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Marajoan! I will definatly be thinking about all of you while I'm with my long lost sis. :) ~~Megan~~
  23. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey everyone! Got an idea for after the muesum on Sat. We could go to Denny's by Mayfair. Its easy access to and from the freeway and from what I can figure, for those coming, a relatively central local for going home from. Just a thought. I suggest Denny's only because they have big tables and don't seem to mind if people are gathered to "hang out". See ya all Sat.
  24. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoa, I'm glad I stumbled upon this in time. I'll definitely be there. On the other hand, if the weather is too nice, I may have to opt out.

I agree that we should make an effort to see the exhibits while we're there.

As for the restaurant afterwards, isn't there a nice one right down the street from the museum?
  25. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, it's called the Miller Pavilion restaurant, or something like the that (I think it begins with an N--ugh, I'm having a brain cloud--I work nearby for Pete's sake, you'd think I'd remember...). I've eaten there a couple of times, and the food's alright. They're one of those 24 hour Greek-American food type places I think. All I remember is that I wasn't happy with the service the last time we went.

But they can accomodate a large crowd, and they're across the street from the museum, so that may be the best bet, especially since it's relatively affordable.

Either way, we can always discuss it when we meet. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.