main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First meeting of the Wisconsin Fanforce

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by marajoan, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Looking forward to meeting you all at the Art Museum with LeiaYT1300.<p>
    I know lots of great restaurants from casual and trendy, creative and laid back, to sheek and upscale in case we're eating somewhere before/after the meeting at the art museum.<p>
    For those of you who are in the Milwaukee area already here are some suggestions:<p>KEY:
    <p> *=$5-$10 per entre<p>
    **=$10-$15 per entre<p>
    ***=$15-$20 per entre<p>
    ****=$20+ per entre
    <b> **Gil's Cafe (Downer Ave.): laid back<p>
    <b> *Elsa's on the Park (Downtown): classy but not too expensive<p>
    <b> *Denny's (Hwy. 100): trendy & casual<p>
    <b> *Mel's Diner: 50's trendy<p>
    <b> **Milwaukee Ale House: laid back(Historical Third Ward)<p>
    <b> *La Boulangerie Cafe: artistic & near MIAD (Historical Third Ward)<p>
    Open for further suggestions...

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    html tags don't work on the boards. You have to use [ ] They are listed in the Markup codes on the tool bar.

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think the mall is the best idea, even better than Denny's actually now that I think about it, so that there's no one waiting on us, and so there's no pressure to leave, plus people can get just a soda, snack or nothing at all.

4. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I like the idea of going to the Mall - that way it'll be alittle more casual and we don't worry about splitting the bill/separate bills, having to leave when we're done eating, etc.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "...there's no pressure to leave..."

I've never been pressured to leave any kind of place (except of course at last call).

"...plus people can get just a soda, snack or nothing at all."

You can do that at restaurants, too.

6. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    The only problem I see w/the mall is it might be loud or kinda crowded and we'd have to put tables together in one area which might not be easy. Since it is a Sat. the mall will probably be crowded which means it would be noisy and congested for us to all gather in one area. This is why I suggest a Denny's, cause they can probably accomodate for a larger group. Well, that's my 2cents worth:).

7. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Denny's is actually a great idea even though it's not the greatest food. They have big tables, always can take large groups and have lots of drinks/desserts/meals.

Here are the listings of Denny's in the Milwaukee area:

Menomonee Falls
    N78 W14641 Appleton Ave. Menomonee Falls(414) 251-1350

Milwaukee8001 W. Brown Deer Rd. Milwaukee(414) 355-6865
    4925 S. Howell Ave. Milwaukee(414) 744-7101
    5547 N. Lovers Lane Rd. Milwaukee(414) 527-3411
    11155 W. North Ave. Milwaukee(414) 771-7215
    5201 N. Port Washington Rd. Milwaukee(414) 962-3609
    3801 S. 27th St. Milwaukee(414) 282-7946
    2933 S. 108th St Milwaukee(414) 545-6450

Pewaukee
    2801 N. Grandview Blvd. Pewaukee(414) 549-4600

If someone really wants to go to a mall instead, the closest one to the Art Museum is Bayshore, and they have a few fast food areas, but it's kinda' cramped, and it will be Saturday and therefore crowded too. It's up to the majority I guess--we don't have a leader yet, right?

8. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Thanks for the locations Skywalker! I think if we choose a Denny's, the best local would either be the one on North ave.(mayfair area, cause its right by the freeway) or, the one on Port Washington. I just think that though the mall is a good idea, its going to be really crowded on a Sat. and would be loud and noisy and cramped. If it were a Sun. it might not be so bad. Well, I guess whatever majority thinks and feels is best. :)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    If anyone wants to organize a carpool, I can fit 3 to 4 more people in my car.

10. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    It seems like we'll be doing a lot of driving here and there if we first meet at the art museum so I thought maybe we should just meet somewhere that could serve as our meeting place as well as are lunch.

Oh and I saw someone mentioned Bayshore as a possibility. I thought that might work out well. Its pretty quite as malls go, even with Saturday traffic, and the Barns and Nobel would be a good place to pitch camp. It?s got nice comfy chairs and would probably be the right atmosphere.

Anyway just an idea.

Does any one have any idea how many people will be coming?

11. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    There have been a couple official announcements on TFN about the meeting location at the art museum. We cannot change that now.

I also think it makes sense to decide where to go afterwords on the 13th. It can be our first agenda item if people are REALLY concerned about it!

:)

12. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Mauler is right. We need to decide when we get there. We can't change now. We can decide on our next meeting then and pick a different place for that time. So, I'll see you all at the museum.

I still vote for the mall for meal but that is just my input.

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I thought the meeting was going to start at 1 pm?

14. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    It is at 1pm. We thought we would spend some time together and go out to eat after.

15. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I compiled a list of people going to the meeting:

- Bujo (Mike)
    - BYOB_Kenobi (Tom)
    - Cruznseal2 (Michael)
    - Marajoan (Joan)
    - Mauler_II (Dan)
    - Mirrax (Michele)
    - LeiaYT1300 (Beret)
    - Jedisister (Tracey)
    - Skywalker1138 (Jenni)
    - TheWampas1138 (Dwayne & Marcy)
    - TwistyMaeSkywalker (Liz)
    - Que4zone (Daniel)

I hope I didn't forget someone (Let me know if I did)... 12 people.. That's a really good start.. I'm excited!!..

16. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Daniel. I think we are doing pretty good for our first meeting. If we meet after school lets out, we can pick up Solo too.

17. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'm going to add something...if we go from the art museum to the denny's on North Ave, that would be excellent...otherwise, I'd suggest maybe a George Webbs...there's one on State St. in Tosa. Or, if you don't mind coffee, there's always Jitterz in Tosa (across the street from the Chancery)

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Would we want to consider extending an invite to the Chicago FanForce? They may even have an idea about how to expand our "forces" or suggestions on how to have everything run smoothly.

Well, thanks for thinking of us! I didn't see this until today, but most of us are busy this weekend getting ready for Celebration and the line. But it looks like you guys are well on your way to getting things going. If you have any questions or want to bounce things off someone, feel free to PM or email me. CF has certainly gone through plenty of growing pains, and I'm happy to pass along any helpful hints.

FYI: Next weekend we are having a summer kick off BBQ. You are all very welcome to attend and join in the mayhem. We'll be discussing the lines, our charity efforts and Celebration. Oh, and our gracious host will be giving guided tours of his SW collection, but advises us that he has installed extensive security precautions to prevent any of his toys from walking away. :p

19. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    You can add me (Phil) to this list. I shall be free this weekend, or rather, I'm not going to be bothered with trifling things like laundry, cleaning, or sorting papers... ;)

Hope to see you there, and if I'm lucky and can find them, I'll bring what few pictures of the TPM line I have. Too bad they're in unmodified condition.

-SJ/Who has actually never been to the art museum before....

20. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Reading with interest the efforts to have this first meeting at the MAM. Unfortunately April 13 is booked for me and about 4 others I know would be interested. We are currently involved in the SWRPG and 2 of us have been registered for months and have our SW Fan Club lanyards and admission badges for Celebration II in Indy...maybe we can hook up there? I've been a huge SW fan since 1977 when my 16 year old brother (for lack of money) took me to see SW:A New Hope for my 19th birthday....ha ha! Now you know my age! Anyways, keep up the good work and I will check back for replies. Anyone going to Concincity II at MSOE on April 28th to see Peter Mayhew and the displays? We are gaming SWRPG on the 27th so can't make it that day but are planning to be there on Sunday. MTFBWY! Although as my favorite character would say, "As you wish."

21. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Capt Mereel: We're trying to plan something for the MSOE thing - see the thread on it and we're hopefully going to discuss on Saturday about planning something for C2. Welcome!!

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Welcome Capt, always good to have an officer with us. The idea of meeting in Indy has been kicked around, and so has the Con... I always forget the blasted name of the MSOE thing. If you can't make the meeting, I'm sure we'll post information about what happens there, or one of us could email you and your friends. As for the RPG, maybe you could help me and my wife with it, we've never been in a table top group. We have all the old WEG books (or a lot of them) since we bought them for MUSHing, and I've seen the new rule books, but never bought one. Anyway, welcome aboard.

23. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks Mirrax. As my previous message indicated we will not be at MSOE on Saturday because our next SWRPG is that day. We will be there on Sunday. Will try to hitch up with some of you that day if you are there...where something that will let me know you're part of the budding Milw FanForce.

24. CaptMereel

Apr 11, 2002
    Thanks Wampa! My RPG character is Capt Mereel so what better username than that (since all my other choices were already taken - darn!). RPG is lots of fun and we have a great time....5 players with a very creative gamemaster. One of our players has a personal website: http://home.talkcity.com/ImaginaryPl/zangz/Entrnz.html
    Go to his RPG characters then to the bottom where his SW character is listed; click on Yoda and that will take you to the games we've played so far. Anyways, hoping to meet up with all of you some time either at MSOE or CII. Too bad tomorrow is already booked for all of us who are SW fans.

25. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Hey no biggie but i'll probably be about 20 min. late (i'll do my best to hurry) anyway if you guys push off without me if you could leave all the important info at the info desk that would be great. otherwise i'll be looking for the falcon in a asteroid field.

cya all tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.