main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Meeting Planning

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by NarundiJedi, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, in order to have our first meeting, we need a time and a location, don't we? We need people too, and hopefully we have that. ;)

I was thinking that meeting at SPAC might be a fun place. Maybe a little FF picnic and hike. It's been so nice outside lately! :)

I'm sure there are other good locations too, and this is your chance to chime in about it.

Jae Angel

2. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Narundi: Nice logo... we do have a few willing people to be active in the FanForce the problem is picking a place and time conveniant for everybody. :confused:I'm going to be gone the bulk of next week.

That sounds like a great idea though, IMO. :)

<[-]> Saber

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Spac is nice but big where do you want to meet.

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, there's this huge lawn at spac, right next to the big ampitheater. I know where it is because I run there. As far as which entrance to take, it's the second one on the left if you're coming from the Northway. :)

Jae Angel

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I am definitly in. By the way are you going to the Big day out Concert on July 5. And if so, who is your favorite band?

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! You're talking to someone who hasn't been exposed to much music except the kind playing off their friends' MP3 collection. I'm not even sure what kind of music is at that concert! :p

Jae Angel

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Do you listen to 103.1 fm. Evanescensce, stained, Hubastank and a few others check their website for details.

8. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Shame I probably won't be able to make it for this meeting. I'm not going to be getting into Albany until August 24th and then I've got the whole international student orientation thing to get through for a week. Hopefully there'll be something after all that I'll be able to attend. Can't wait to actually start meeting people

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I know I like Hoobastank. They're one of the few bands I've heard. And I do listen to 103.1 when I listen to the radio (rarely).

I'm sure we'll be doing things after school starts, noggins. :) At least I hope so!

Jae Angel

10. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    I've never heard of that band...

And this will be the second time I've missed the chance to see Evanesance. First at the Download Festival at Donington (I was only there for the first day) and now this. *sigh* The ways things are going I'll never see them live!

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Keep me posted on this, okay? If the first meeting falls on a weekend when I'm free, I'll come up. :)

(Though I don't know any good places in Albany to have a meeting off the top of my head, sorry. :p )

12. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Though I don't know any good places in Albany to have a meeting off the top of my head, sorry

Doesn't leave me feeling overly positive about the city I'm about to move to :p

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Nah, we've got Stuyvesant Plaza, Wolf Road, and a bunch of other places in Albany with restaurants in case we want to go that route. It's not TOTALLY void of meeting places. :p

Jae Angel

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Oops, sorry. [face_blush] I said that because I don't live in Albany, not because I've got something against the city - although I'm sure I can develop something against the city if you want me to. :p

Where do you live now, somewhere very different from the fine state of NY?

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I believe he's from England. Correct me if I'm wrong, noggins. :)

Jae Angel

16. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, technically South Wales - home of closed coal mines, crappy little villages full of drug addled teens, moutains all over the place where men are men and sheep are scared :)

Bet you can't tell I want to get out ASAP, huh?

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    You're going to find New York very different, then. The first thing you'll have to get used to is the weather. ;)

18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I hope you have have a pair of shorts. It does get hot in august noggins. Albany has more than just western avenue and stuy plaza. If you want to meet close to albany and I know a nice little coffee shop called professor javas on wolf road. They have meeting places and couches if anyone wants to sit and chat. If our group will be small I am sure we dont need a separate room.

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That sounds like a great plan. :) I can definitely make it if that's where the meeting will take place. It doesn't really matter to me where it is. I love to drive. ;)

Jae Angel

20. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    How about Professor javas on the july 5th if any one wants too. lets say around 3:00pm. Any takers.

21. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    I hope you have have a pair of shorts. It does get hot in august noggins.

Looking forward to that. Nice change from the weather here - hot one day, raining like there's no tomorrow the next then months of just drizzle with a bit of brightness.

Bit of a bugger I don't own many shorts - they don't suit my dark, brooding image very much :p

22. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    I have to check into possible transportation, I only have my permit. [face_blush]If I can make it do you people care that someone younger than you tags along? :confused:If so I'll just stick with posting here. 8-}

Unfortunetly I can't be much help recommending meeting places around Albany either...

<[-]> Saber

23. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh, and another odd request about the area that I feel I need to ask - are there any clubs that play decent metal/rock in Albany? I really can't imagine coping without a good moshing session for a year!

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That's fine, Saber. I just might need to make a trip up there once school starts. But I do that anyway. :)

And I'm not sure about metal/rock clubs. There has to be at least one. I also know that colleges have bands that play a good amount of stuff. We've got one alternative group at RPI that seems to be able to play anything. :)

Jae Angel

25. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    SO its settled. July 5th at professor javas. I will make some arrangements.
    Oh by the way Valentines and Norhern lights put out good music.
    Well please say yea or nay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.