First Meeting Planning

Discussion in 'Albany, NY' started by NarundiJedi, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    I say yah - but your the people organizing it. ;)If your into thrashing and crap noggins, try Luna's Underground in Glens Falls. 8-}Although I'm not positive it's still open....

<[-]> Saber
  2. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the advice. Will have to look these places up when I get there. I've read quite a bit about Valentines online so that caught my interest...
  3. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey Saber, let me know if you need a ride to the meeting on Saturday. :) PM me.

Jae Angel
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Someone want to PM me some information on this so I can post it on TFN for ya? :)
    All 3 meets have to be posted on there to count as an official meet ;)

Good luck guys!

5. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    well i wish i came here earlier, i went to big day out, loved it, would love to get a meeting together. well i will try to check in every once in a while.
  6. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I wish I could have gone. How was evanescence? And where do you live? I live in Rensselaer.
  7. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    i went only b/c of evanescence but didn't get to stay, had to leave b4 they got on, which really bothered me. i lve in guilderland.
  8. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When we finally agree on a meeting time, I'll PM you, Strawbary. :)

I think I'll be staying in the Albany region longer than I thought. I'm applying to grad school, so that's an extra year or so.

Jae Angel
  9. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm applying to grad school, so that's an extra year or so.

Someone willing to stay there? Finally a reason it must be good. If you'd ever been to the town I came from you'd want to be out there first chance you got and never come back. I'm feeling positive now.

And here's to hoping I'll make a meeting soon. I booked a flight that gets in at 4:40pm on August 24th so it won't be long. I'm actually getting kinda excited now. Of course, one of the first things I'll do as soon as I get there is find the nearest Indian restaurant (I need my hot curries you see) :)
  10. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    try downtown albany.
  11. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh noggins, you are so in luck! I love indian food and I can take you to a wonderful place! :D I'm a fan of the spicy stuff too, although I'm a little too chicken to try vindaloo. I did once and it wasn't that bad, but I think I caught them on a weak night. ;)

There's a great place in Troy, where I go to school, and there's probably an even better one in Albany. You should look up Sitar or the Shalimar restaurant in Albany. :)

Jae Angel
  12. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I've heard of those (I have to do my research when it comes to the loves of my life... metal and curry being two of them. Still haven't tried searching for comic shops yet though). You can tell a good Indian restaurant by it's name and the one title (appropriately but somewhat boringly) The Curry House doesn't give me much hope. But, being as I'll probably be living on the downtown campus of the college I'll close to them all to try out. Yay! :)

And vindaloos are great! The best way to end a drunken night out (note to self: get fake ID soon). But you *have* to try a phaal one day. I remember a comedian on TV describing it as being like eating a distress flare! About right actually. Any curry that brings tears to your eyes deserves praise!
  13. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hehe, flare curry. ;) I wonder if I could handle that. . .never heard of it though, so it must be hard to find over here.

I just had a yummy biryani tonight for dinner. I like those because of the flavor more than the spice, although I've had a spicy one a few times.

I also love japanese food like sushi and middle eastern food like falafel. If anybody ever wants to go out for food, let me know, because I'll eat most anything. :)

Jae Angel
  14. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell, I'm all for the first meeting after I arrive to be in a curry house! :)

I've always been tempted by sushi but the raw fish of it is kinda offputting. I know it's mostly rice but I've never been a fan of seafood (might have something to do with the fact that to me prawns look like aborted foetuses *shudders*)
  15. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well I think one week from saturday should be our first meeting. At Prof Javas. what do you think.
  16. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I only like fillet fish, noggins. :)

Prawns = yucky!

Although if we all find a type of food that suits a bunch of us, I'd be willing to have a dinner meeting. :)

And a week from which Saturday? This one? I'll be in Buffalo then, for my cousin's tae kwon do tournament. :( I wish I could join you guys, though.

What's going on this weekend, like on Sunday?

Jae Angel
  17. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well How about sometime in two weeks. The peach cafe is a nice place in stuyvesant plaza. We can get dinner.
  18. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds like a good plan to me! Stuyvesant Plaza is just a few miles from where I work. :)

Jae Angel
  19. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    Did anybody see that Daily Show segment awhile ago about the underground illegal curry ring? [face_laugh]Curry in a hurry. Lol.

Anyways, that idea sounds good, I just have to get permission - it's a little awkward meeting up with people you've only talked to on the net. ;)

Hate to sound like a dork...

<[-]> Saber
  20. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    what time, i live in guilderland, like 10 miles from there, im at starbucks all the time.
    just PM me w/ the time, cause i forget tocheck threads sometimes, or i just open my browser(which this is my home page) and just see if i have PM's so hit me up w/ the time.
  21. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The really good thing about choosing a weekend is that I'd probably be able to give you a ride, Saber. See, I live in Queensbury but work in Albany, so it's unlikely that I'd come back up there after work just to drive back down. Although I do only work four hours a day for five days each week. . . We'll see. I'd rather have somebody else suggest a time and then work from there. Perferably something at night.

Jae Angel
  22. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well how about peaches cafe in Stuyvesant plaza at 5 pm on next Saturday. Not july 19th but the week after that. We need a vote.
  23. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    well so far so good for me. i got nothing going on.
  24. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yup, I can make 5pm on the 26th. :)

Jae Angel
  25. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh! The day before my birthday!

Which reminds me... must look into getting fake ID. The concept of being 20 and legally underage is rather unnerving
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.