main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO First Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lordstimpy, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Well we had our first meeting, it was fun. BUT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE. So if anyone in the general area of Kansas City(MO or KS), show up at our next one.

2. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    I agree Tony, first meeting was great, we are off to a good start, just would be more fun with more people.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    ADVERTISE ADVERTISE ADVERTISE!

Make up some flyers and ask around to public places where SW fans might go and see if they'll let you put a stack of flyers or at least one in there window. Put the board address on there or just fanforce.net and they can find it from there. Having your own website helps too if you can swing that, but don't worry if you can't.

Isn't there a big comic con every year in KC? Try getting some flyers out there (cons usually have those freeby tables where everyone can put their flyers to be seen and picked up, this has brought several to the RMFF (denver)). Try to organize some events and get some exposure. You might get some nerd jokes made about you, but you'll also get seen by more nerds who will want to join you! (sorry if anyone is offended by being called a nerd, but look where you are man, we're all nerds!) lol.

if you want any help, advice, tips, etc., feel free to PM me or email me at cory.peter@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil

Good luck!

4. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Boise Fan Force just became official last saturday (4/5). Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.