main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Meeting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by DarthDion, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey folks this is Forja Bing-Bey using DarthDion's screename.

Okay, now that we have our own fourm, let's talk about having our first meeting and turning this thing into a chapter. How many people can each person bring in form outside sources i.e. people who don't post, but love Star Wars and have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon. I suggest that they be held on Sundays because I would have to quit my job for any other day on the weekend. I could suggest Monday, or Tuesday, my two offical days off a week, but I'm sure some of us will have work, or school.

That's about it. I have said in other threads that I would use the theatre for meeting if need be, or for activities for the group. If we act now, or before August 16th I can squeeze us into a private showing of AOTC.

You guys let me know what you would like to do.

Oh, something that some of the employees do at the theatre is drive to Orlando to vist ACME, Sci-Fi World, and Sci-Fi City. Maybe we could fit in a DPL showing of Episode II at Disney?

Have a goodnight and MTFBWY

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh that all sounds so cool!!! I can't wait to get going with the meetings.

Unfortunately, I'm still here in Michigan and I'll be here for the duration of the summer. I'll be back in Daytona by the end of August, though. I hope you guys don't have too much fun without me!

When I do get there, I already know one person who doesn't post (but should ;)) who said he was interested in coming to meetings. I'll start asking around for more people when I get down there.

3. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I guess I'm that kid that Jayna was talking about. I'm stuck here in PA until August 23rd, when I'll be back at RIddle. I'm all about meetings though, but I not sure if Sundays will work with my ROTC schedule. Too early to tell. Don't do anything important without me!

4. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Don't worry Ben, it doesn't look anything will happen until after summer. If you know of anyone else that is serious about joining the group let them know about the new forum. Look forward to meeting you when you come back down South. Heck, you can't be all that bad... you're favorite movie is Empire.

check out the pictures in the thread about the theatre. You can see different photos of most my employees that I MADE dress up. Gotta love the power of Star Wars.

5. Darth_Kamera

Darth_Kamera Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    I'm with it Dude. I can't wait til the first meeting.

6. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    We need to work on a name for our group too. Something with a kick. Any ideas? I'd start a new thread for it but I haven't figured out how to do that yet! I guess we need a city rep too, preferably someone who knows all this fanforce stuff. We could all meet online someplace too, sharing MSN or AOL screen names with each other and hold an online meeting. Let me know what you think.

7. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Trust me... all you need is three meetings with three FanForce members and WHAM! you are a chapter. It's better to get something established now than let the idea linger for a few months.
    Buzz

8. DarthDion

Apr 9, 2002
    When we do have are first fan force meeting where dose everyone want to meet and go and do any ideas ???

9. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    well for ideas off the top of my head is we can go bowling, shoot pool, or have dinner at a restauraunt and discuss star wars and other ideas/issues.

10. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    I don't think anyone can argue with food. I say we meet at a restaurant somewhere in daytona. Somewhere easy to spot, maybe the IHOP or denny's on International Speedway Blvd. These places are usually empty by the time we would want to hold our meetings, so it might be an ideal hangout!

11. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Meetings... what did you say?!

Surely you jest.

Not one single person has posted in the PO6 Photos thread. This FanForce group is starting off on the wrong foot if you ask me.

As far as a Daytona Chapter and "what should the name be?", I don't really think there should be a name, because I don't feel there is a group to asign one to. The hard work and effort that my friend June, and I poured into this promotion was recieved very badly. Not only by some customers, but employees, and fellow board members. If this is a taste of what's to come, count me out, I have better things to do. I say this out of concern for this potenial group.

Say if I was to ask folks to gather at a certian place and time for a first meeting, and the aparent apathy that is displayed here was used, I would have to say that nothing would get accomplished.

Don't get me wrong-o, I want to start a Chapter for Daytona, I want to see it thrive. But, if this is going to be the behavior of a potential group, again count me out.

Say someone in here writes some Fan Fiction and posts it, I think everyone should take a crack at reading it. If you dislike it, tell them. If you love it, praise them. Either way, I feel all aspects of this Forum/Group/Chapter should be done as such.

I know that I am new to these boards and that most of you will not like way I am saying... so be it.

I'm totally willing to offer the theatre during the summer for private screenings of Episode II and beyond. I'm willing to offer my services to help organize meetings, fanfilms, roleplaying games, etc. But I just don't think this group is willing to reciprocate.

When I first joined we didn't have a Daytona forum, so I was forced to use the Orlando one to communicate with anyone. One thing I learned about using thier forum was that they had so many people and it usually wound up being an every man/woman for themselves deal. I would hate to see that here.

So do your local forum and myself a favor, and hit the PO6 Photos thread, and help bring an end to this destructive conflict.

That means you too, DarthDion! Heck, your mother sewed all the costumes.

12. DarthDion

Apr 9, 2002
    i think Forja-Bingbey is right on this one we all have to start agreeing and coming up with good ideas !!!

13. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear you are so upset, Forja-Bingbey. I truly think things will go ok with our group, though. I wish I could have gone to your thing, as it sounds like a ton of work was put into it. Had I been in Florida, I would have showed up in costume. I know Commander Clone is in the same postion. Your help and generous offers are much appreciated. I apologize that I can't be more helpful in picking a meeting time, but I won't be back until the end of August. Until then, you guys are on your own.
    I can't wait to finally get together with all of you! :)

14. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I agree with Jayna.

Daytona can be an awesome group. Someboby just needs to find a place for it. I live in Jacksonville or I would be doing it.

Those people in Orlando helped raise over two grand for the Make-a-Wish Foundation, with a couple of other SW Fan groups from the movie premeire. They also are involved in making a fan film, and they are freinds of mine. I think they have it going on.

I'll be there when it happens.

Buzz

15. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope that my previous post makes some sense. I feel that it was written with 'tough love' in mind. I want to see Daytona thrive, yet right now with SeaTrooper in Jax, and Jayna & CloneC. up north til the emd of summer, I don't see much else happening. I have friends that are big fans of the film and outside of a friend of mine's kid and his friend, none of them have joined/posted anything. So I feel that my hands are tied until the end of summer.

SeaTrooper I understand your concern, and have addressed that in a PM to you. I think what the folks in Orlando did for charity is great, but it seems to me that its not with out a struggle. I saw first hand some of the turn out results of a group/chapter function. I just hope that Daytona being a little bit smaller that this group will plan and execute interesting, fun and entertaining things to amuse ourselves.

A heart felt apology to anyone upset by my comments. Deep down I wish that I had had more help from FanForce members, we would have had a great time. And that's something that I'm not embarrassed to say.

MTFBWY :)

16. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Conflict happens when you get more than one person together. That is normal and can not be avoided.
    What makes us unique as a species is we can de-conflict, and work things out in one alternative or another.
    We have enough folks here to start off small. Get some ground rules set, meet the minimum requirements that FanForce has set, and build from there.
    Buzz

17. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I would like to reopen the discussion of getting together sometime soon. Anyone have a suggestion?

Can anyone say Flea Market Mode?

Hey, they've got cheap DVD's.

18. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    flea market, lunch/dinner, movie, bowling, shoot pool,...anything sounds good to me, thats about all i can think of now cause im retarded, but oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.