First Monthly Activity/Meeting - Sat., May 3, 2003

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I am proposing Saturday, May 3 as our first monthly meeting. I am suggesting bowling - we can choose an alley that is convenient to our Northern and Western suburbs members. Also, we can make it an early afternoon event or an 'after-dinner' event so that spouses, significant others and children can attend. I think this is a great low-budget way for us to get together and socialize and include our families.

Please post your feedback, suggestions on the date, activity and locations here in this thread. :)

~Jenni
  2. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Facenda-Whitaker at Germantown Pike and Swede Road (one block west of Dekalb Pike /route 202) is a great place... 32 lanes, an arcade, a lounge.....
  3. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Sounds like a great location Rob! Thanks!

Anyone else?

4. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There is a alley in Phoenixville, but I've never been inside it. I can check it out if anyone is interested.

Hey Jenni, on the calendar, aren't we having a meeting on April 12th?
  5. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I've done some calendar rearranging and sent new dates to Nick to put on our website calendar, but that was just today. April 12 meeting is a no-go. Hopefully new dates will be posted on calendar tomorrow.

:)
  6. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think we'll go for the lanes that SithLord suggested. Seem to be in the middle of everyone. I'll call them in a week or two and find out how to reserve. If you wanna bowl - please RSVP to me in PM or email so I can get a general headcount. That way I'll have an idea of how many lanes to reserve. Right now, tentative meet-up time at the bowling alley will be between 3:30-4pm on Sat., May 3.

:)
  7. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You can count me in for bowling. Won't be able to stay toooo long, though.... I've got to get up early the next morning to head down to OCMD for a golf excursion.
  8. imnotacommittee Jedi Padawan

Hello.
    I just joined up in the forums, and live in Bucks County. I would love to meet some local Star Wars fans. I'm not much of a bowler, but we're there to have fun, right?
  9. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Welcome "iamnotacommittee". Yes, bowling is definitely for fun. I'm not much of a bowler either. We'll probably bowl 1-2 games and call it a night. :) Really just a chance for all of us to hang out. Also some of our members have children and they are welcome to come along too.
  10. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Unfortunately we can't make it, my nephew is getting married on the 3rd..
  11. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Should we get a bumper lane for the kids and those of us who can't bowl? ;)
  12. imnotacommittee Jedi Padawan

Gutter bumpers are a very good idea ;)
  13. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The bumpers aren't a problem at that facility.... you just tell them at the counter that you want the bumpers, and they flip them up. I think it's $4 a game, not sure if they do an hourly-rate deal where you rent the lane(s) for an hour or two and bowl as much as you want for a fixed-price.
  14. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'll be checking out all the details and try to get us the best deal for the number of folks going. In another week I'll post a poll for rsvp'ing to this activity. :)
  15. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    main site:
    http://www.facendawhitaker.com

details:
    http://www.facendawhitaker.com/specials.htm
    It looks like they do reserve lanes for a flat fee... 24.25 per lane, limit 4 bowlers.
    Bumper Bowling MUST be reserved; outside of that, it's 3.80 per game per bowler.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.