main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Monthly Activity/Meeting - Sat., May 3, 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I am proposing Saturday, May 3 as our first monthly meeting. I am suggesting bowling - we can choose an alley that is convenient to our Northern and Western suburbs members. Also, we can make it an early afternoon event or an 'after-dinner' event so that spouses, significant others and children can attend. I think this is a great low-budget way for us to get together and socialize and include our families.

Please post your feedback, suggestions on the date, activity and locations here in this thread. :)

~Jenni

2. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Facenda-Whitaker at Germantown Pike and Swede Road (one block west of Dekalb Pike /route 202) is a great place... 32 lanes, an arcade, a lounge.....

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Sounds like a great location Rob! Thanks!

Anyone else?

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    There is a alley in Phoenixville, but I've never been inside it. I can check it out if anyone is interested.

Hey Jenni, on the calendar, aren't we having a meeting on April 12th?

5. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I've done some calendar rearranging and sent new dates to Nick to put on our website calendar, but that was just today. April 12 meeting is a no-go. Hopefully new dates will be posted on calendar tomorrow.

:)

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I think we'll go for the lanes that SithLord suggested. Seem to be in the middle of everyone. I'll call them in a week or two and find out how to reserve. If you wanna bowl - please RSVP to me in PM or email so I can get a general headcount. That way I'll have an idea of how many lanes to reserve. Right now, tentative meet-up time at the bowling alley will be between 3:30-4pm on Sat., May 3.

:)

7. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    You can count me in for bowling. Won't be able to stay toooo long, though.... I've got to get up early the next morning to head down to OCMD for a golf excursion.

8. imnotacommittee

imnotacommittee Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    Hello.
    I just joined up in the forums, and live in Bucks County. I would love to meet some local Star Wars fans. I'm not much of a bowler, but we're there to have fun, right?

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Welcome "iamnotacommittee". Yes, bowling is definitely for fun. I'm not much of a bowler either. We'll probably bowl 1-2 games and call it a night. :) Really just a chance for all of us to hang out. Also some of our members have children and they are welcome to come along too.

10. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Unfortunately we can't make it, my nephew is getting married on the 3rd..

11. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Should we get a bumper lane for the kids and those of us who can't bowl? ;)

12. imnotacommittee

imnotacommittee Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    Gutter bumpers are a very good idea ;)

13. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    The bumpers aren't a problem at that facility.... you just tell them at the counter that you want the bumpers, and they flip them up. I think it's $4 a game, not sure if they do an hourly-rate deal where you rent the lane(s) for an hour or two and bowl as much as you want for a fixed-price.

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I'll be checking out all the details and try to get us the best deal for the number of folks going. In another week I'll post a poll for rsvp'ing to this activity. :)

15. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    main site:
    http://www.facendawhitaker.com

details:
    http://www.facendawhitaker.com/specials.htm
    It looks like they do reserve lanes for a flat fee... 24.25 per lane, limit 4 bowlers.
    Bumper Bowling MUST be reserved; outside of that, it's 3.80 per game per bowler.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.