main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark First official meeting March 6th

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey everyone just to let al of you know there will be a meeting held, Sunday March 6th @ 2:00 pm at the Shoney's in J'ville just down from Wal*Mart.
    Everyone please bring Star Wars pictures (CII, CONS, collections, etc. ) letters, drawings anything you want to share with the others, heck I may even bring part of my armor just to get attention while we're there. Please anyone going let me know so I can tell them when I get there. We have the party room reserved but I'm sure they would like to know how many. I told them at least 15 so dont upset me, you wouldnt want to upset the states first CR/Pres. HAHAHAHA
    I hope to see everyone there especially, those of you from J'ville and Little Rock. The food is good and prices are reasonable, and the company will be worth every penny.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be there ;) hehehe

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Got it posted :)

Have fun everyone.

4. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Count me in.....

My grandma lives right by Shonies....

5. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    how far is jville from beebe. my family is going to asu to see a production of Shakespeare's Macbeth. one of my fav plays you cant know how excited i am to get to see it. we are spending the night.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I'm there. I plan to bring along photos from C2 and my old FanForce on my laptop. See if they can seat us around an electrical outlet. My laptop can't hold juice longer than about 5 minutes. Ha!

I'll also bring along my old FF T-shirt so you all can get an idea of where to go with our own version.

7. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey RedHanded-Jill good to hear from you. From Malvern you will pass J'ville and the Shoney's on the way to Beebe wich is about 15-20 miles on down Hwy 67/167 sure hope there is some way you can make it even its just to stop in and say hi for a few minutes.

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah look for the Air Base exit hehehehe can't miss it!

9. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    it depends on when we leave beebe and if i can convince my hubby to stop at shoney's for some reason he doesnt like it. kinda like my hatred for applebee's. if we dont show dont think it cause i dont care. i am certainly there in spirit.

10. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I just ran into a fellow member of the Conway group and we talked over coming. He said that he'd be keen on going, but at the moment it honestly isn't too likely. He is going to a retreat over the weekend and will be returning sometime on Sunday in the afternoon from 2-4ish... also considering that he would be my means of transportation to the event, if he was unable to make it that would rule me out as well. However, I just thought that it would be a good idea to inform you all that we are at least considering coming if the fates allow us to. That'd be right after a string of tests (and although I have one more following that) it would be a nice relaxing time. I was going to IM Deja about it, but she just signed off right when I was about to hit enter... but thats our situation for the moment.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    That's cool, wicket. Someone could probably take notes and post them here on what we discussed, etc. We'll fill you in on all the details if you miss it.

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hope you a Deja_Vu can make it Sunday. If not we will try to get the info from the meeting on the boards for you, like Elan_Rai said.

13. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I plan on being there. May not have much in the form of pictures, but I could bring along one of my prop replicas to show off. Maybe my signature Anakin or Obi Wan ANH saber for example!! Any way see you all there!!!!

14. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    If anyone has any of the Jedi Apprentice books, specifically #6 & #7, I would like to borrow them so I can continue the series. Also if anyone has any books they want to get rid of (reasonably priced) maybe duplicates even, maybe we could even do some trading.

15. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey Julia, are you looking for NJO books?

16. Shadowscout04

Oct 30, 2004
    I haven't started reading the NJO books yet but I do have several of them. According to the list I have there are 19 NJO books and 2 ebooks, I am missing #6,#7,#9,#11-15, #17-19, and the ebooks. I'm trying to read all the books in chronological order, but I had to skip the JA books for now. I am at least going to read the the series in order. Does anyone know where to find the ebooks?

17. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry to change the subject, but do we need to edit the top with all those planning to attend so we can get a running count of who's coming? I am just curious. :)

18. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Sure go ahead I dont know what you want to do and also dont see an edit option around. If I can help just ask. I do have this if it helps:
    Nyborg13
    ShadowScout04
    Zidane12 (our son)
    Kynstar
    sithsarbad + friend
    Elan-Rai + wife
    ForceConduit

Thats 9 so far didnt know if anybody was bringing spouses or just guests.

EDIT: Added another...

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    My spouse (Jessica) will be tagging along.

Yeah, I forgot you can't edit after 90 minutes or something like that. When we move to the new board, you'll have full moderation abilities on the Arkansas board. ;)

20. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say how great it was to meet all of you! Hopefully(The Force willing)our next meeting will be even bigger! Heads up to Kynstar and Sithsarebad. Later!!!!

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey hey! Had a blast too! :D Glad to meet some folks that weren't there before! Can't wait for our next meeting!

22. Shadowscout04

Oct 30, 2004
    Just wanted to say it was nice meeting all the new members at the meeting. hope to see more at the next one

23. Shadowscout04

Oct 30, 2004
    I just wanna send a THX out to Kynstar for loaning me the JA books so I can continue my Star Wars education

24. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I had a blast!!!

Can't wait until next time....... :)

25. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, guys we really enjoyed it. :)

I suppose I need to get into the reading bit. I've never read any of the EU stuff. Guess I need to do that sometime.

Hey Henry, today's visit got me thinking. Maybe we could throw together a really nice letter (on an "official" letterhead of some sort) to the powers-that-be at some of the major radio stations in the Little Rock area. We could kind of introduce ourselves and explain what we're all about. This could be our way of getting the foot "in" the door. I'll give this some more thought. I suppose we really need a logo first... hmmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.