main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA First Official Meeting: When and Where?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Armage, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armage

Armage Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm up for just about anything, save November 16th and November 21-24. December is still a wildcard :)

Ideas? World Cup worked well, but if we get any more than about six people it could get a bit loud. There's always restaurants, bookstores, peoples' homes, etc. Anything would work, really ::grins::

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    If those 2 weekends are out, I suggest waiting till like the first weekend or two in Dec.

And I would really like to stay away from doing events at people's homes as it can make new people timid to attend.

3. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i think one of those weekends in december will be good for me....my best friend is performing in a musical one of them so that won't work for me. i'll check with her tomorrow and report back!

4. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    well first she said the performance was in december, now she says january, so those first few weekends are open for me.

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok glad to have an update...Let's pick a date since that is the only way to get people to take notice.

I am game for either of the 2 first weekends in DEC.

6. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    how does the 7th work out? the 14th is my cousin's 16th bday bash and i wouldn't want to miss it O:)

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Sounds great...7th it is :)

As soon as we let people see for a few days, i will contact strawbary and let her know

8. Eric_Tank

Eric_Tank Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi all, new member just signed up. My name's Eric Tank, and I'm a member of Garrison Tyranus, Virginia's 501st Legion group. I saw a couple of familiar names here (hi Keith, hi Vicki), and decided to sign on. I plan on trooping at the IMAX on Dec 7th, but might be interested in attending a FanForce meeting that day as well. I don't live in Richmond, so I'm not going to make any suggestions for a meeting place, just let me know where you're planning to go and I'll try to show up.

9. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    hi eric :) i'm also new and don't live in richmond. hope you can make it!

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I am trying to decide where we should have this meeting....Any suggestions on the type of location? home, resturant, coffehouse, park, etc??

11. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    stacy, i agree with what you said before...that having it at someone's house may not be as easy as having it somewhere more public. i'd personally be ok with it, but i think meeting somewhere in town would be best.
    i'm not familiar with any places any town (other than the mall, bottoms up, and have a nice day cafe...none of which work...well, pizza's always good) but a coffee shop or restaurant that doesn't tend to be too busy may work. some place where we can take our time and feel free to take up lots of space.

12. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    The 7th would be good for me. What time are we thinking of? I would suggest something along the lines of Panera. Unfortunately the only one I know of is on the west end. It would be good because it's somewhat easy to find a good table in a quiet corner. You can just have coffee or an iced tea. They are close to opening one out near vcc as well. I can check out B&N on the south side they may have a good area to meet as well, the ones on the north and west side of town do.

13. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Depending on the date and what not I'll try and be there Will be keeping an eye on the main page

Nave

14. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Whatever day works for you guys I'll be there...so long as my relatives aren't having a get together. But sounds good to me so far.

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    My thoughts on panera...its a little expensive. I used to go to one weekly before i moved here, and a cup of coffee was like 4$. But I guess if everyone likes that idea, its fine.

16. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I agree that Panera is expensive, I am really open to other suggestions. Let us know if there is something you have in mind.

17. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    While I'm not sure if I'm gonna be there I'm wondering if theres some lurkers out there cause the Richmond Forum has been dead lately :(

Nave

18. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Here are my thoughts on this....
    I think we will wait until Sunday to finalize the location because it depends on how many people can actually make it as to how large a location we need. If there are less than 5, we could do it at a bookstore coffee place. If there are many more than that we will need a larger place.

Just my thoughts

19. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i second that, esp. since no one's really posting about it right now anyway.

20. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright, I realized that I posted this in the original "first meeting topic" but I will post here as well.....

What has been decided on for the meeting (through discussion between several of us)

December 7th, 2pm at the Books-a-million on Midlothian Turnpike.

Hope to see everyone there.

21. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    we're on the main page!!! check it out before it disappears!

22. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Finally...Thank Goodness I checked here on vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.